Hamilton Bulldogs 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Did the organization ever hit a home run with hiring of mckee and staff? Tremendous job coaching this team. Mixed and matched lines in the Windsor series to maximize the ice time of top players. Great even-keel composure. Great stuff and hopefully there’s one more championship in store.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Did the organization ever hit a home run with hiring of mckee and staff? Tremendous job coaching this team. Mixed and matched lines in the Windsor series to maximize the ice time of top players. Great even-keel composure. Great stuff and hopefully there’s one more championship in store.
The commitment to rolling all of the lines and pairings through the regular season and early rounds was huge. The top guys seemed to still have gas left when the bench was shortened in the finals.

Same goes for the goaltending. Costantini never seeing back to backs through the regular season was huge.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It’s game day! Looking forward to Hamilton vs host Saint John. The Bulldogs have little video to use (aside from their goaltending) since they fired their coach and have temporarily hired UNB’s coach.

Hoping we’ve been able to recover a bit. However, I don’t recall Sherk playing a shift in game 7 and the Bulldogs posted a video of them coming off the plane in Saint John and he’s in a sling.

Regardless, should be a great game!

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
It’s game day! Looking forward to Hamilton vs host Saint John. The Bulldogs have little video to use (aside from their goaltending) since they fired their coach and have temporarily hired UNB’s coach.

Hoping we’ve been able to recover a bit. However, I don’t recall Sherk playing a shift in game 7 and the Bulldogs posted a video of them coming off the plane in Saint John and he’s in a sling.

Regardless, should be a great game!

Should be interesting. Such a short tournament that anything can happen. I'm worry free at this point.

Hoping the guys just have an edge with playing such an intense series. Need to play every game like a game 7. SJ will for sure have the fresher legs, but their timing will likely not be sharp after the first wave of emotion to start.

Reactions: Helvigster

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Should be interesting. Such a short tournament that anything can happen. I'm worry free at this point.

Hoping the guys just have an edge with playing such an intense series. Need to play every game like a game 7. SJ will for sure have the fresher legs, but their timing will likely not be sharp after the first wave of emotion to start.
That’s how I feel as well. I’m ecstatic about the OHL championship. Would love for them to win the Memorial Cup but I certainly won’t be upset if they don’t. It would be gravy to an already incredible season.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
We put our 4th line and 3rd Dpair on the ice right after giving up a goal?

I don't get it.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
We put our 4th line and 3rd Dpair on the ice right after giving up a goal?

I don't get it.
That was a rough shift. Those 5 should not be out together.

Saint John is a fully rested team who’s obviously roaring to play. We’re fatigued and injured but still very much in this game. Hopefully regroup in the intermission here.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Rough first game.

Sea Dogs are playing like a well rested team that desperately wants it.
Agreed, it’s not that our guys don’t want it, it’s just that saint John’s rest and health is a massive advantage over our team who’s broken down. But they really do look like they’re in a league above us right now. I’m sure we’d look pretty good with 1.5 months rest against a team that’s grinded it out all the way though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad