Hamilton Bulldogs 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
Thanks Heusy. Good insight. I too was impressed by Crocker when he played Min. Midget. We all know that kids mature at different times. Some take longer to hit their stride and to grow. Here is hoping a couple of last year's draftees are ready for Hamilton or as you say, for trading to upgrade the Bulldogs.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Prestia is going to play for prep powerhouse Salisbury this year. He was dropped off the Cedar Rapids (USHL) affiliate list, so his rights are not owned by any USHL team at the moment.

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
It would seem by going to Salsbury that Prestia is definitely off the Bulldogs radar and looking to play in the NCAA. It will be interesting to hear about the progression of some of the others from last year when training camp gets going in a couple of weeks.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
HAMILTON, ONT.– The Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club is pleased to announce the Scouting Staff for the 2015-16 season. Under the leadership of newly appointed Head Scout Dave Gray the following individuals will complete the Area Scouting duties for the club this season according to General Manager and Head Coach George Burnett.

Dave Gray, Head Scout

Kevin Gould, Area Scout, Eastern Ontario

Armand Vincent, Area Scout, Northern Ontario

Matt Turek, Area Scout, Golden Horseshoe/GTA

Trevor Gallant, Area Scout, Western Ontario

Bob Marshall, Area Scout, GTA

Derek Langlois, Area Scout, Michigan/Western Ontario

Justin Collins, Area Scout, ETA

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/article/bulldogs-complete-scouting-staff

Being a first time OHL Fan and Season ticket holder any of these scouts from any OHL teams last season?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Curious checked the Bulldogs site and no word on the two import picks signing contracts do clubs announce import pick signings or we just assume that they are signed

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Curious checked the Bulldogs site and no word on the two import picks signing contracts do clubs announce import pick signings or we just assume that they are signed

Teams usually announce their signings... if they haven't announced it, you're better off assuming they haven't signed.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Apparently Brett Welychka is going to Carleton University with Brett Gustavsen. I know Welychka was looking into his pro options like AHL and ECHL.

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
Apparently Brett Welychka is going to Carleton University with Brett Gustavsen. I know Welychka was looking into his pro options like AHL and ECHL.

I am in contact with him and he told me that the ECHL offers did not materialize as he had hoped. At least he will be getting a great education while playing the game that he loves. It's a WIN WIN.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Training camp schedule and roster:
http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/article/training-camp-schedule-and-roster

Interesting to note that Alex Yuill is not listed. Maybe he chose to go to university instead? If that's the case, the Bulldogs not only need a big stay-at-home D, but they now need a puck moving D or two since Subban and Yuill are gone. My guess is Brody Morris fills the role of the stay-at-home D.
I said that in earlier post, that Yuill was seriously considering going to school. Not a shock

Bulls guy

Nov 5, 2006
BelleVegas
Hopefully Morris has worked on his foot speed over the summer. Being the smaller ice surface may help him. He does bring a physical presence. Look for Hanley to get more ice time as a stay at home and Candella to be flying even more. Hopefully George gives those 2 a good chance to earn their ice time.

Lots of chatter from fellow former bulls fans around still in shock how it just doesn't seem right that there is no training camp here next week.:shakehead

BSensFan72

Sep 4, 2012
I've heard rumblings that Graham wants out?...and f he stays does Hicks want out?
I can't see this team being anywhere near the top
But hopefully the new owner has the gonads to pull the trigger on a coaching change
Time will tell
I don't know much about distances but I've been told from a reliable source as soon as the lease for a team is up in Hamilton they will be gone
Burlington is the city that I've been told they wanna go to if the city builds an arena?
Sounds very familiar to me

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/hamilton-bulldogs-renew-lease-at-copps-1.1303620

that was March 2013 so it would be 2016 but an owner like we do he is not going to bring the team here for 1 yr and then leave... hes already gone on to day say that the team isnt going anywhere when the AHL dogs left he said it doesnt matter what hockey was coming here something will be there and with the redwings gone the OHL is staying..

Steve Staios was on CHCH the other day and already said the ticket sales were up from last year.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Yuill has an older brother in his final CIS season at UOIT so maybe he wants to play there.

I had not heard of the signing of either import so seeing their names on the list must be a positive.

They have 23 players signed so there isn't much room for rookies to shine. Having said that, a vet or two might have to be moved.

Interesting player to watch: Derek Di Lorio is the only 2013 unsigned draft pick invited to camp. He was a 14th rounder that played Junior B in London.

And whatever happened to that Trader George guy? 43 of the 46 players are Bulls/Bulldogs draft picks. (Harper, Fox and Saban are all former Erie Otters.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad