Hamilton Bulldogs 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
It wasn't until Graham was in his 3rd year with the Bulls that he took over as the # 1 guy. Of course if Hicks plays lights out the Bulldogs could move Graham for some much needed help in other areas.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
It wasn't until Graham was in his 3rd year with the Bulls that he took over as the # 1 guy. Of course if Hicks plays lights out the Bulldogs could move Graham for some much needed help in other areas.

I'd move Graham early and get the max for him and put Hicks in as he's definitely ready imo. The bodies and picks you could get back would be well worth it.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
With Graham and Harper as OA's I guess Yuill is odd man out unless Subban doesn't return!
I haven't heard or read anything about Yuill but I'd imagine Subban already has an apartment rented in Utica. I talked with Subban for a few minutes recently and he said he probably won't be back for his OA season and is headed to the AHL.

If he was likely to return, the Bulldogs would want to have promo pictures of him for marketing by now.

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
I'm not even sure why there is a debate regarding Jordan. He is a signed NHL prospect. There is absolutely no way he will be sent back to junior. If he was unsigned then there would be a possibility but that is not the case. He won't be back!!!
Now based upon the OA criteria, if you leave off Jordan Subban, you have Harper, Graham and Yuill as the only eligible players. Unless a trade happens....these will be the OAs.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Went and purchased my season ticket today can't wait for season to begin.. First time season ticket holder of any sports teams.. The sales rep told me today based on their sales with season tickets so far they have more season tickets sold as a ohl then when they were a ahl team.. He said they are already at 1300 roughly so far and said that they are more interested in ohl then ahl

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Went and purchased my season ticket today can't wait for season to begin.. First time season ticket holder of any sports teams.. The sales rep told me today based on their sales with season tickets so far they have more season tickets sold as a ohl then when they were a ahl team.. He said they are already at 1300 roughly so far and said that they are more interested in ohl then ahl

I have always maintained that Hamilton could sport a very good Hockey Franchise, but only one that the Citizens could afford and OHL is affordable especially if ownership doesn't gouge. And with a population of 153800 more people than London one would hope that crowds of 8,000+ should be easy to attain if priced and promoted right.

Good Luck!

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton

Well, it's good they are breaking their season ticket records, but 1,300 is still a ways to go from perpetually filling out the 8-9 thousand seat lower bowl. That said, everyone I've ever known who got into the Bulldogs (who hasn't committed to season tickets), almost always went with flex packs. I'd be interested to hear how they are selling.

I have always maintained that Hamilton could sport a very good Hockey Franchise, but only one that the Citizens could afford and OHL is affordable especially if ownership doesn't gouge. And with a population of 153800 more people than London one would hope that crowds of 8,000+ should be easy to attain if priced and promoted right.

Good Luck!

Fully agree. When you have that much seating, you have to keep ticket prices low. That said, I really hope that we also attract a visitor presence to First Ontario Centre.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Didn't realize when the Ticket rep person took me on a tour and such yesterday all of the events us a season ticket holders go to and the benefits that we have as season ticket holders and such makes it worth so much better..

About the attendance.. Considering that it was only announced what in April that Hamilton was getting a ohl team I know some ppl would say that most teams would of done a lot better in how many tickets were ale in 3 months.. Keep in mind that 1300 is only season tickets, a lot of fans like the person said above might go for single games or flex packs etc..

Still debating if I wanna get a Bulldogs ohl jersey with mtl colours next yr or wait till yr after when we get our New Jersey colors

brahmabull

May 30, 2011

Belleville averaged between 1800-2300 season ticket holders even the last few lean years they still had over 1500.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Granted I'm a long way away in Ottawa but I never understood why Hamilton could not be a great OHL franchise so the past failures puzzle me. Good population base, good hockey fans, good building if you close the upper bowl. Hope it works as Hamilton could be a pillar of the O like London, Kitchener, Windsor, Ottawa.etc... If ottawa can be a great OHL city (granted we're working on it after the last few years) with the sens in town, don't see why Hamilton can't work. That being said I will miss the Bulls many a great series with the poles over the years.

the dog

May 16, 2014
with so many seats available...your cheapest seats should be at about 14 or 15dollars...

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I think the big attendance games will be Niagara (Battle of the dogs huge rivals), Missy and London, and maybe Oshawa since they were OHL Champs... being a first time follow this full season coming up i could be wrong

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I think the big attendance games will be Niagara (Battle of the dogs huge rivals), Missy and London, and maybe Oshawa since they were OHL Champs... being a first time follow this full season coming up i could be wrong

I think the advantage Oshawa has is that they are one GO train ride away. The disadvantage is that's probably a 2 hour train ride.

Everyone is saying Niagara will be the likely rivalry, and I tend to agree, but with Kitchener, Guelph and Missisauga so close, I for one hope to visit and be visited by other fans.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Bulldogs are reporting they will have 46 players attending main camp. There must be a number of free agents invited.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
They are usually open to the public and are free.

In Windsor training camp scrimmages are free except for the wind up game. Here it's the Blue-white game, in Hamilton probably yellow- black ...generally they ask for donations in the last game and the money goes to a charity sponsored by the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad