Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not getting my hopes up, but the multiplayer looked bloody good. Also they had open maps for godsake!!!!! I am scared though because how they were talking about MP in that video, big team battle will be an entirely new and separate playlist than the other ones and that really scares me for the maps. My biggest grip of Halo 5 is that the maps were either too small or too big and separating playlists will lead to the same concept. I want MP maps that you can play slayer, team snipers, BTB, and CTF like Valhalla was.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This forum should hop back on Halo MCC. It’s surprisingly really refreshing, tense, fun. If you wanna f*** off then most every social playlist is always populated. If you want some sweat then matchmaking is still great for it.

I wish Halo 3 Team Slayer isn’t the only ranked Team Slayer or 2v2 but I’m assuming they do it this way to ensure that there’s healthy populations in all the given modes. Would be cool if they rotated more ranked game types in though.

Just got my level 22 in H3 Team Slayer :yo: . It’s fun climbing up the ranks again

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This forum should hop back on Halo MCC. It’s surprisingly really refreshing, tense, fun. If you wanna f*** off then most every social playlist is always populated. If you want some sweat then matchmaking is still great for it.

I wish Halo 3 Team Slayer isn’t the only ranked Team Slayer or 2v2 but I’m assuming they do it this way to ensure that there’s healthy populations in all the given modes. Would be cool if they rotated more ranked game types in though.

Just got my level 22 in H3 Team Slayer :yo: . It’s fun climbing up the ranks again
You know Ive literally only ever played Blood Gulch multiplayer which was insanely fun, never once played online Halo, what is the current most active halo multiplayer?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You know Ive literally only ever played Blood Gulch multiplayer which was insanely fun, never once played online Halo, what is the current most active halo multiplayer?

Halo 5 is still pretty active I guess, although I never play it. On Halo MCC there’s enough population for all Halo games, but I’d say H3 is by far the most popular

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I wonder if there is a particular reason Halo didn’t get a battle royale with this game. It seems like they had plenty of time to develop one given the popularity of the genre now. And I always thought Halos ecosystem would be perfect for BR..

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I wonder if there is a particular reason Halo didn’t get a battle royale with this game. It seems like they had plenty of time to develop one given the popularity of the genre now. And I always thought Halos ecosystem would be perfect for BR..

Because it’s a fad game mode and they wasted Halo 4 & 5 trying to make a Halo game something other than “Halo”.

Reactions: redbeardtx

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Because it’s a fad game mode and they wasted Halo 4 & 5 trying to make a Halo game something other than “Halo”.
I’m a Halo purest for sure, but the option for battle royale would be fun in my opinion. I understand there are limited resources. If I had to choose between Halo Warzone or Battle Royale, give me BR.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Halo 4 absolutely.

Halo 5 felt like a big course correction the right way. Yes, Warzone was a miss, but the core experience in Arena was still pure Halo.

They also can't just stay static and regurgitate the same experience but prettier. They do need to find new ways to expand the sandbox. I thought Spartan Thrusters were the best addition since vehicle jacking.

I'm not sold that a return to Halo 3 equipment is the best idea, but at least in this case they're multi-use abilities on cool-down rather than one-use items. The problem in Halo 3 was that once you got to higher ranked play, everybody just held onto equipment because there was always the anxiety that there might be a more dire situation coming up that would require it. Players spent the whole time waiting for the 'right' time to use an item and ended up rarely if ever using them.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Watched some of the multiplayer beta footage. Seems like its a three way baby between Halo 5, Halo MCC, and COD. All in a good way though. The players seem more mobile than H3 but the overbearing movement mechanisms in 5 seem to be toned down. Looks like the pistol is still very strong and the AR kills real fast from far away. Quicker deaths=more like COD in my opinion but from what i've seen so far it doesn't look like a bad thing.

Getting excited that 343 is actually going to pull this off.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Only played 3 games before kindergarten called and had to take my son home because he is sick. Felt absolutely awesome. Can't wait to play more in the evening. Definetly hyped. Sorry Battlefield, I won't have time for you this winter.

Reactions: Jussi

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'll probably try out that tech preview on the weekend, the multiplayer looks good from the little I've seen of it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Halo 4 absolutely.

Halo 5 felt like a big course correction the right way. Yes, Warzone was a miss, but the core experience in Arena was still pure Halo.

They also can't just stay static and regurgitate the same experience but prettier. They do need to find new ways to expand the sandbox. I thought Spartan Thrusters were the best addition since vehicle jacking.

I'm not sold that a return to Halo 3 equipment is the best idea, but at least in this case they're multi-use abilities on cool-down rather than one-use items. The problem in Halo 3 was that once you got to higher ranked play, everybody just held onto equipment because there was always the anxiety that there might be a more dire situation coming up that would require it. Players spent the whole time waiting for the 'right' time to use an item and ended up rarely if ever using them.

IIRC players would hold on to equipment to prevent the respawn, hopefully, they fix that.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I’ve played probably 20 matches. The bot matches get boring - I heard maybe they will open it up to human vs human tomorrow.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’s by far the fastest paced halo, everyone is just flying around the map. Sprint is pointless. The sniper for me is next to useless because of how fast the game and players are moving. Just have to pray you can no scope. I think the maps are too small for how fast you move too, at least the 2 they’ve opened up for this test. It’s weird, I think the Spartans are too big for the maps. Like the ratio is off or something.

The equipment is ok, the shield you drop is everywhere and seems somewhat useless but in the map with the grapple hook the hook seems pretty cool. Just haven’t gotten to use it all that much.

It just feels way more like Quake/Doom than Halo to me. I’ve been going hard on MCC the past few months so I’m sure that doesn’t help going from those slower paced styles. I know they need to change things so that it is it’s own new game. I think I may need to just come to terms that I’m traditionalist and stick with the classics that I love.

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
After playing for a couple hours, I think it could be good. Not Halo 3 good, but better than Reach and 4.

I hope it's quite an old build though, the UI is awful and the performance isn't great, some fps and audio issues in there.

Playing against bots also doesn't let you see if players will find things to exploit or make the game unfun (eg armour lock).

I liked the 3 map layouts, they aren't very interesting visually but seem to play fairly well.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I must be missing something but I cannot tell if I broke an enemies shield or not. Like sometimes the body turns red but it still takes more than one shot to the head. Kinda confusing.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I liked how the menus/customization looks ... the one extended multiplayer I watched looked kinda clunky but I didn't put a lot of stock into this one single viewing.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
If there’s one thing that can beat FN, it’s a Halo BR.

That is until all the hackers and Cronus clowns start crapping it up.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I must be missing something but I cannot tell if I broke an enemies shield or not. Like sometimes the body turns red but it still takes more than one shot to the head. Kinda confusing.

You know their shield's broke if there's a kinda trasnluscent digital 'explosion' effect. They can be completely red, that just means their shield is close to ruptured.

8HglDZ9.png

This guy is now shieldless and will take one headshot to kill.

Sorry for the crummy quality, captured off a youtube clip.

Also worth noting, single-shot kills like sniper headshots, assassinations (melees from behind), rocket laucnher kills, etc... they don't seem to trigger the shield explosion effect when the enemy dies. Not sure if that's intensional or a bug, cause I seem to remember in previous Halo's you'd still see the shield pop in a OHK. But it's been awhile.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the Halo channel's tech preview mentioned the footage was from base Xbox One. Which would explain why the multiplayer isn't at peak graphics yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad