Movies: Halloween Kills (October 2021) Teaser Trailer

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I really enjoyed the 2018 version particularly the opening scene which set a nice tone for the rest of the movie. Reporter tries to goad Michael into a response ...any kind of response...only to get the faintest of reactions from Myers when he pulls the mask from his tote bag...all while the rest of the inmates in the asylum yard and dog start to become agitated at what is likely Michael's stirring from a long semiconscious state.

Halloween 2 is mediocre and not up to the level of the 2018 version. It's a retcon and poor one at that when you think about it. They reveal that Michael is Laurie 's brother near the end of the movie which supposedly explains his obsession with killing her. Uhhh so in the first movie when he saw her during the day as she was walking home from school and actually at her home he decided not to attack her despite this obsession...and then later when he followed her to the house where she was babysitting, he decides to spend a few hours next door killing her friend followed by a couple other friends...rather than attack Laurie first. Yeah, that's a rather selective selective obsession Michael has with Laurie. Halloween 2018 did the smart thing by ridding us of the ridiculous brother-sister storyline.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I really enjoyed the 2018 version particularly the opening scene which set a nice tone for the rest of the movie. Reporter tries to goad Michael into a response ...any kind of response...only to get the faintest of reactions from Myers when he pulls the mask from his tote bag...all while the rest of the inmates in the asylum yard and dog start to become agitated at what is likely Michael's stirring from a long semiconscious state.

Halloween 2 is mediocre and not up to the level of the 2018 version. It's a retcon and poor one at that when you think about it. They reveal that Michael is Laurie 's brother near the end of the movie which supposedly explains his obsession with killing her. Uhhh so in the first movie when he saw her during the day as she was walking home from school and actually at her home he decided not to attack her despite this obsession...and then later when he followed her to the house where she was babysitting, he decides to spend a few hours next door killing her friend followed by a couple other friends...rather than attack Laurie first. Yeah, that's a rather selective selective obsession Michael has with Laurie. Halloween 2018 did the smart thing by ridding us of the ridiculous brother-sister storyline.

As much as I agree the sister stuff was an unnecessary addition (Carpenter himself craps on this twist, and tries to blame it on NBC, but he really is the sole responsible), Halloween II is my favorite of the whole lot and is IMO miles apart from the 2018 version. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite slasher film - and I've seen a lot!

*and for the record, the sister twist came in the extended TV version of the first Halloween, Halloween II shouldn't be blamed for it.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
As much as I agree the sister stuff was an unnecessary addition (Carpenter himself craps on this twist, and tries to blame it on NBC, but he really is the sole responsible), Halloween II is my favorite of the whole lot and is IMO miles apart from the 2018 version. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite slasher film - and I've seen a lot!

*and for the record, the sister twist came in the extended TV version of the first Halloween, Halloween II shouldn't be blamed for it.

Yep, I love H2 as well and it’s miles ahead of H18. They’re both really good movies though and you’re right, the TV version of H1 introduced the sister plot line I believe. Although the footage of her visiting him is in H2 but it may be a dream sequence

Carpenter wrote H2 while drunk and didn’t even want to do it, and it shows at times

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Yep, I love H2 as well and it’s miles ahead of H18. They’re both really good movies though and you’re right, the TV version of H1 introduced the sister plot line I believe. Although the footage of her visiting him is in H2 but it may be a dream sequence

Carpenter wrote H2 while drunk and didn’t even want to do it, and it shows at times

As far as I know, he uses the drunk thing to justify the sister twist when he doesn't blame it on NBC.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
They showed his face, at least in profile in the 2018 movie.

And in the ‘78 original.

40806ce64d43ed1921cce7bdb46aaa4d.gif

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's important to not overthink these kinds of movies but I have to admit I have a hard time with the Michael Myers character/saga. Some of the films (3 ad 4 for instance) attempted to fill in the blanks but given that this is a ret-con stuff like how a 60+ year old guy is a virtually indestructible killing machine that is capable of superhuman feats of strength and endurance kind of gnaws at me. I guess I'm overthinking it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I guess you meant 4 and 5, otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about! I've just rewatched 4 and I'm half way through 5 - they're pretty bad, 5 makes very little sense.

I think I'm getting the numbers mixed up. Halloween 3, 5, and 6 delved into the Thorn Cult mythology a bit. A bunch of nonsense really but it at least tried to offer an explanation of who Myers is and why and how he operates the way he does.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I think I'm getting the numbers mixed up. Halloween 3, 5, and 6 delved into the Thorn Cult mythology a bit. A bunch of nonsense really but it at least tried to offer an explanation of who Myers is and why and how he operates the way he does.

I think only 5-6 do. Halloween 3 is the Shamrock masks one, with no MM.

Two more days till Halloween
Halloween, Halloween
Two more days till Halloween
Silver shamrock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad