Hall on Oilers: "I still hold a bit of resentment towards them." (quote fixed)

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Not to mention the intense scrutiny that will be on every move Larsson makes, it will all be overblown one way or another.

Love the passion of our fanbase but half the time I can't even be bothered in our threads. So many experts who are out to prove each other wrong, dissect every minute and body movement of our players make. "His edges man!"

Don't feel to bad about this cuz there are many many fanbases that are the exact same. Especially the experts determined to prove each other wrong part. Some ppull will just not admit when they are wrong and will argue to the death over some innocuous little point that means basically nothing.

As for Hall I appreciate his honesty and not some canned answer. I suspect as the season gets going it'll reach the point where he will just say he's focused on doing the best he can for the Devils cuz that'll be the truth as well.

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
Hall was not even the package offered. He was the only player Shero wanted. So I doubt he was a locker room problem. Just bull from Edmonton. Desperate to justify a really bad trade. He was the only Oiler anyone even paid attention to. The guy was dragging around a team barely good enough to play juniors...with **** D, ad pathetic management. The team sucking has absolutely nothing to do with Hall. He was all they had. And McDavid is just one of about five who were the "next Crosby". He hasn't carried the team out if the basement yet. His coronation is a bit premature. Lucic is not the answer on LW either. He's a solid player, but not a game changer, not dangerous. Without Hall, whom required and received the heaviest matchup...allowing McDavid room, MCD will be in the lazer beam now. With the same soft players, around him.

I'm hoping Hall has a monster year. And shame on anyone trying to cut him for the losing culture...it takes a team...renids me of Kessel.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I'm more dreading every loss being blamed on the lack of Hall.

"We'd have won that game if we had Hall!"

HFOilers will be insufferable thanks to a few posters who just can't let it go.

The Hall supporters and Hall haters will be out in full force regardless. 50/50 or 60/40 type %???

I got my :popcorn::popcorn:

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
He really has to mention it in every interview eh? It's not like he couldn't sidestep the question when he's already been asked about it so many times. He could just say that he doesn't wanna focus on the past but rather move on and make the best out of the situation in New Jersey, yet he keeps commenting about how resentful he is over the trade. Jeez, it's a business and you're being paid millions. Accept what happened and move on. Starting to think there was some truth to the locker room issues in Edmonton.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
He really has to mention it in every interview eh? It's not like he couldn't sidestep the question when he's already been asked about it so many times. He could just say that he doesn't wanna focus on the past but rather move on and make the best out of the situation in New Jersey, yet he keeps commenting about how resentful he is over the trade. Jeez, it's a business and you're being paid millions. Accept what happened and move on. Starting to think there was some truth to the locker room issues in Edmonton.

Starting to think there were truths to rumors because........he really wanted to be in Edmonton? Hmm

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Starting to think there were truths to rumors because........he really wanted to be in Edmonton? Hmm

Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with saying it at the time. I took it as a huge compliment at the time.

2 months later is unique and you never hear any player do it. I'd be pissed if I were his Jersey teammates.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm more dreading every loss being blamed on the lack of Hall.

"We'd have won that game if we had Hall!"

HFOilers will be insufferable thanks to a few posters who just can't let it go.

Not a whole lot of evidence in the past to support that if they do say it :laugh:

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with saying it at the time. I took it as a huge compliment at the time.

2 months later is unique and you never hear any player do it. I'd be pissed if I were his Jersey teammates.

Why should they be pissed? It's not like he brings it up out of the blue, he gives answers like these when he's prompted. Every time he makes a negative comment about Edmonton he usually follows it up by saying words like "thrilled" and "excited" about being in New Jersey.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005

Hall wanted to be part of the turn around in Edmonton. He suffered through the **** and wanted to be with them when they emerged from the wilderness. Now he's not going to get that chance and all he did was have his reputation dragged through the mud because he was an Oiler and the Oilers were beyond bad.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
"thrilled" and "excited" about being in New Jersey.

image.php

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I am one of the biggest Hall fans out there but look at who he is surrounded with in NJ. He will have a tough time putting up big numbers with poor support and a defensive system.

I hope he has success but I don't think he will have a ton this year. The 2017 Devils remind me of the 2011 Oilers with an All-star goalie.

What? The Devils have Henrique and Palmieri, two 30 goal scorers. Cammalleri who's a great player as long as he stays healthy. Zajac who's a 40+ point player and so underrated on this site. The Devils are much better than the oilers in 2011. The Devils didnt miss the playoffs by much last year and now add a pissed off and determined Hall. They could make the playoffs especially with Schneider in net this year.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I understand Hall's resentment for sure, but this article writer is out to lunch. This was a move the Oilers needed to make.

But it was still an awful trade. I don't care how good Larsson is or will be, Hall is one of the top LW's in the game. The value is WAY off.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
This. I can't recall someone being this pissy over a trade in a long time. Maybe this lack of professionalism was part of why he was traded..

Doesn't get his way, he just cries for months. No wonder the refs ignored penalties against him all the time. They hate whiners.

lol wow, some of you guys are robots. You treat these guys like animals. He doesn't have the right to be emotional about the situation just because he is a multi millionaire???

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
lol wow, some of you guys are robots. You treat these guys like animals. He doesn't have the right to be emotional about the situation just because he is a multi millionaire???

It does come with the job description

To be a pro hockey player you have to be fit, take some physical abuse, and possibly move across the continent.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Here's a real photo of his excited to be a Devil

cut.JPG

(Context: Taylor Hall is a robot)

Bad training camp photos is a thread. There is a Brodeur one in 2009ish where it's clear they did it after practice or something. He'said sweaty and mouth agape. He looked sick and drunk. Was in the NHL games for several years

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Great young player who the Oilers (Lowe, mac-t) ruined somewhat. Hope he goes on to find success as he deserves it. On the flip side, 6 million buys a lot of therapy.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Some of these responses are pure ignorance. Absolutely nothing wrong with how hall has been answering questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad