Hall on Oilers: "I still hold a bit of resentment towards them." (quote fixed)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Chia got fleeced trying to fix the teams defense. The Lucic signing was a good replacement but that contract is going to be brutal for the last few years.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Chia got fleeced trying to fix the teams defense. The Lucic signing was a good replacement but that contract is going to be brutal for the last few years.

Last 3 yrs of his deal his cap hit will be 6M but he will be owed 13M/3 (4.33M per)
Could be shipped off to a cap floor team then. He will only be 32 at that time.

The guy is physically fit and can actually go for 5 more years past this deal he signed with Oilers.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Shouldn't he be happy to be traded from the Oilers?

I can see why he is upset by the timing. He was there 2010 to 2016 for one of the worst 6 years stretches any team has ever had. For sure the Oilers are going to get better with McJesus, etc and he won't be there for the good times and got traded to a team with a lot of work to do.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Sucks for Hall but I believe the Oiler's are better with Lucic and Larsson. Change in the dressing room needed to be made as well. This is Connor's team now, not Hall's anymore. He was set up to fail in many ways but that was by the old leadership. Hall makes 6 million a year and is 24. I don't have a lot of sympathy but wish him the best of luck. He was fun to watch while it lasted.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He poured his blood, sweat and tears into the Oilers. why wouldn't he?

I don't think he is upset that he isn't an Oiler. I think he is upset that the Oilers deemed him expendable and possibly even part of the problem. I'd feel worse for him if I thought he was upset about not being an Edmonton Oiler rather than it being hurt pride.

I do feel bad for him in that, as others have mentioned numerous times, I think he was set up to fail by incompetent Oiler management, and now that the team looks like it might turn the corner, he is no longer there.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
Hall is gonna score 90 pts this year.

I am one of the biggest Hall fans out there but look at who he is surrounded with in NJ. He will have a tough time putting up big numbers with poor support and a defensive system.

I hope he has success but I don't think he will have a ton this year. The 2017 Devils remind me of the 2011 Oilers with an All-star goalie.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Don't blame him, when you're a proud athlete who got traded because of a team's constant failure, you're probably going to feel singled out. The sad thing is, he probably shouldn't have been the guy traded, but he was their best trade chip and Eberle and RNH wasn't going to land you Larsson. His passion is commendable.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Devils fans should be pretty stoked to hear this.

Coming in with a fire in his belly. That can never hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I am one of the biggest Hall fans out there but look at who he is surrounded with in NJ. He will have a tough time putting up big numbers with poor support and a defensive system.

I hope he has success but I don't think he will have a ton this year. The 2017 Devils remind me of the 2011 Oilers with an All-star goalie.

He's going to play with Henrique who is a good player in his own right and knows Hall well during their time in Windsor. Eastern Conference is better for his style of play imo.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Don't blame him at all for his words.

The guy was completely let down by the Oiler's management. They used him, didn't surround him with competent veterans/leaders initially, and then expected him to carry the team. He did. He carried the management through his play, and their marketing for years, and he played the kind of game that led to injury issues, because that's what was expected of him.

I hope he's an Oiler killer for years. Karma's a [female dog] and so were the Oiler management.

They'll probably do the same thing to RNH.

Oilers management....the true pimps of hockey.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Hall's situation reminds me of Owen Nolan.

Drafted 1st overall by Quebec in 1990. Spent 5 years with the Nordiques, then 9 games into the first season after the team moved to Denver, he was traded to San Jose for Sandis Ozolinsh.

I can imagine that Nolan might have been bitter about how that trade went down, especially considering the Avs went on to win the Cup that year.

Maybe they should talk.

Snipez*

He was mis-quoted. Surprise surprise lol.

He tweeted a TSN guy and corrected him on that quote. He said "a bit of"

Loved Hall, but I like the trade. They needed more responsible Dmen.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
My god, move on already. These things happen.

This. I can't recall someone being this pissy over a trade in a long time. Maybe this lack of professionalism was part of why he was traded..

Doesn't get his way, he just cries for months. No wonder the refs ignored penalties against him all the time. They hate whiners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad