Hall in hindsight?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Could only see Oilers biting on Provorov, which I wouldn't do. Seems they also wanted someone was ready to impact their team defensively right now and that means not a prospect. MDZ wouldn't get it done, Nor Ghost

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Chiarelli targeted Larsson. Big, young, manageable contract, RH, and I think he's hoping for a Hedman-esque breakout.

I don't think Larsson is going to have that kind of breakout, and I think the trade is a win for NJ, given Hall is one of the best LWs in all of hockey who also is young with a good contract.

But I think Chiarelli got who he wanted.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Edm wanted help now, unless you're talking Gostisbehere i don't think they would listen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seeing Hall go for just Larsson, anyone wish the Flyers had parted with a top D prospect for him?

They weren't parting with Hall unless a current NHL player came back, which restricts the list exclusively to Gostisbehere

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I might do it as well. Not sure long term we might not be better with Hall.

Worth a thought, but I wouldn't do it.

However I would've loved to have Taylor Hall on this team. Perfect for what we need.

Wonder if we throw a 4th round pick their way they'll give us Yakupov.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ghost > Hall

C'mon people.

Good deal for NJ though.

Edmonton didnt not get max value but they got what they wanted.

This trade reminds me so much of JVR for Schenn. I expect it will have the same outcome when we look back on it.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Ghost > Hall

C'mon people.

Good deal for NJ though.

Edmonton didnt not get max value but they got what they wanted.

This trade reminds me so much of JVR for Schenn. I expect it will have the same outcome when we look back on it.

JVR for Schenn didn't seem THAT terrible at the time. This trade is ****ing awful.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
Lol who is the Hall caliber winger this July? There isn't one.

I wouldn't trade Ghost for him but that statement is simply not true.

I meant in the aspect of a good winger that will get you 60 points. There are at least 3 of those available this summer. And that's oilers logic. They're going to sign one of them (Lucic) and give away another to get a defenseman, because you can't get any of them on the open market. You win cups with good defense.

Taylor Hall is incredible. But give me defense over wingers any day of the week. Especially Ghost.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
You can go out and sign a winger of Hall's caliber every July. Defensmen like Ghost are few and far between and rarely if ever get to the open market.

Both are rare commodities. We happen to have a few D potentially of that caliber coming up.

Edmonton clearly wanted pretty immediate help. But if they would've entertained something like Streit and Sanheim that'd also be something I'd like.

I guess I'm just a little surprised given Halls return of Larsson, that we didn't hear much on Hextall being in on him.

Hall-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couts-Simmonds

Has your top 6 set for a long time

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
ghost doesnt really give you great defense.

Hall would make us a 2 line team. Coots is not going to have the luxury of playing with simmer and voracek this year. IF you got him Hall he would reap the benefits of that and they could compliment each other so well.

Id do hall in a heart beat, and I am shocked people here wouldn't. This is the same fan base that would not trade 9 for morin. That is silly.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
Both are rare commodities. We happen to have a few D potentially of that caliber coming up.

Edmonton clearly wanted pretty immediate help. But if they would've entertained something like Streit and Sanheim that'd also be something I'd like.

I guess I'm just a little surprised given Halls return of Larsson, that we didn't hear much on Hextall being in on him.

Appears they wanted an established RHD. (Hamonic or Larsson) dunno why they didn't go after Shatty.

Hall is amazing I was just talking in the aspect of sending Ghost there for him. At the end of the day give me the Dman over the 60 point sniper winger who doesn't play that well in his own end.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
ghost doesnt really give you great defense.

Hall would make us a 2 line team. Coots is not going to have the luxury of playing with simmer and voracek this year. IF you got him Hall he would reap the benefits of that and they could compliment each other so well.

Id do hall in a heart beat, and I am shocked people here wouldn't. This is the same fan base that would not trade 9 for morin. That is silly.

Yup substitute Hall for Ghost this past season and we wouldn't skip a beat......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad