Confirmed with Link: Hall & Foligno to Chicago

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’m an idiot then but I know you love me

If they sign Bert who’s 28 to six years whereas Hall has 2 years left and 32 this season

It’s absolutely the right move if shakes out this way

Marchand
Bert
DeBrusk
Pastrnak

As good a top 4 winger group around
Bert will be 35 when a 6 year deal expires. And he's never healthy. Would be insane to sign him long term IMO.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What's the purpose of Foligno? He's a UFA and I though compensation picks and such were not really a thing anymore in the current CBA.

Reactions: Dellstrom

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Who had Foligno traded on their bingo card? WHO?
If anyone had the rights to Fliggy, I think its an automatic win.

Does it clear a roster spot today or something? He’s a great locker room guy and the Hawks are years away from contending so not surprised they would go after him for the 4th line/13th forward. But seems odd.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
What's the purpose of Foligno? He's a UFA and I though compensation picks and such were not really a thing anymore in the current CBA.
I think it gives them a few days to sign him before he actually becomes a UFA and nothing more. Guess they want a veteran leader to mentor Bedard and their other kids.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Think it's a dumb move if they're picking the less skilled and equally as injury prone Bertuzzi over Hall and if it's just a cap dump there's at least two players you would think they could move easily before i would have moved Hall. Bertuzzi being younger means nothing when the team isn't in position to contend for a cup long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad