• McLellan LAK

• Brindamour CAR

• other (who?)

• Granato BUF

Results are only viewable after voting.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Boston

they were expected to regress/miss playoffs, going into year with key injuries. Instead they are on pace for the greatest regular season of all-time.

Ruff in NJD has done great, a couple of other unexpected successes too, like Winnipeg or Seattle. Still, as of now, Boston

Reactions: AvroArrow

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Keefe. With what the Leafs have accomplished so far with all the injuries they've had (especially on the blueline) is pretty spectacular.

do find it kind of humorous that Keefe is the only coach not listed out of the top 8 teams in the league. Bit of a bias maybe?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Weird omission of Granato
meh, one of the worst defences in the league, 9 teams ahead in the east. I dont see him being the SOLE reason why theyve improved offensively. TT, Dahlin, Tuch, Skinner, Cozens are good players with or without him.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Most posters here were predicting the Bruins to be on the bubble, but their record is 31-4-4, best defense and PK, 2nd best offence, 4th powerplay, all this despite starting the season with two key players injured for a month+. Montgomery has done his job and more, no one is close after the first half.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Bowness is definitely in the running. Jets failed to make playoffs last year and are now one of the top in West.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Keefe. With what the Leafs have accomplished so far with all the injuries they've had (especially on the blueline) is pretty spectacular.

do find it kind of humorous that Keefe is the only coach not listed out of the top 8 teams in the league. Bit of a bias maybe?

Votes for his own teams coach. Claims poll is biased.

Never change leafs fans

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
meh, one of the worst defences in the league, 9 teams ahead in the east. I dont see him being the SOLE reason why theyve improved offensively. TT, Dahlin, Tuch, Skinner, Cozens are good players with or without him.
Need to look closer then

Montgomery is the clear leader though

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Hakstol somehow

Seattle has no reason being as good as they are, and it's not like their goalies have been great

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Picked Bowness and the Jets, I didn't expect them to be good this year so I give props to the coach.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The team that was supposed to be on the bubble and is a +68 GD and only 4 regulation losses at the midway point. I don't think it's close either. I really don't like the "AINEC" but it may be one of the rare instances where it fits.

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
I argue that Jim Montgomery isn't a great coach. Linus Ullmark is the reason that Boston is overachieving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad