• Dahlin

• Pettersson

• Tkachuk

• other (Who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Uhh, let's see... Only 4 u20 dmen ever, have scored goals at the same or higher pace with at least 40 gp, those players?

Larry Murphy, Ray Bourque, Phil Housley and Bobby Orr.
As impressive as his goal totals are, he's still playing at a 36 point pace. That's not going to win you the Calder, even if you're Rod Langway in the D zone. Pettersson is playing at a 90 point pace and has dragged the worst team in the league into a playoff position. He also leads the league in GWG and is on pace to shatter the rookie GWG record. That's more impressive, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I mean, it's still only 4 goals, and on pace for 8. It's impressive that he's playing well at 18, but the goal numbers are so low they're not really statistically significant. For instance, Doughty had 6 as a teenager. Hedman had 4. Karlsson had 5 in 60 games, etc.

4 Goals? Heiskanen has 9 goals.

When did Tkachuk become so massively overated? He's included in this poll but Heiskanen isn't and NHL writers gave him more votes than Heiskanen.

Say what.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
4 Goals? Heiskanen has 9 goals.

When did Tkachuk become so massively overated? He's included in this poll but Heiskanen isn't and NHL writers gave him more votes than Heiskanen.

Say what.

I was totally thinking of Dahlin. Completely checked out apparently

somebody

Nov 2, 2006
Pettersson is one of five active players who have scored at least 40 points in their first 40 games. The other 4? Crosby, OV, Malkin and McDavid.

What exactly is Heiskanen doing that is more rare?
Like I said, I have no problem of Petterson getting it. I just prefer Heiskanen. Lots of goals, lots of offensive input. That when guy is 19 old defender, defensive numbers has been excellent and he has carried AHL-level defenders almost whole season. He plays every important situation and excels. To me, that's more rare than what Petterson does for me. But like I said, nothing away from Petterson and totally 100% matter of opinion. It's great for NHL to have this kind of rookies.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Like I said, I have no problem of Petterson getting it. I just prefer Heiskanen. Lots of goals, lots of offensive input. That when guy is 19 old defender, defensive numbers has been excellent and he has carried AHL-level defenders almost whole season. He plays every important situation and excels. To me, that's more rare than what Petterson does for me. But like I said, nothing away from Petterson and totally 100% matter of opinion. It's great for NHL to have this kind of rookies.
Oh, I see now. You’re from Finland.

somebody

Nov 2, 2006
And? What case this solves? If it helps you, in my opinion Matthews>Laine.

And if it helps you, I'm fan of Jokerit. By this logic, I shouldn't be fan of Heiskanen.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Miros plays better defensively this season then dhalin so far. He should be on the list.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Come on now! Dude gave you a totally reasonable explanation to his opinion, and even said that Pettersson also deserves it, and you come up with this shit. Why, WHY?

Reactions: Crocoduck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad