• Dahlin

• Pettersson

• Tkachuk

• other (Who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pettersson should win it, but he seems to keep getting hurt and might end up missing too many games to win it by season's end.

Hopefully this latest leg injury is minor and he doesn't miss much time. He's been phenomenal.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Pettersson is going to win the Calder, but I think the award should go to Dahlin.

Genuinely curious as to why? Especially given the way the question was phrased in the OP, upto this point in the season, I can't see an argument for Dahlin given Pettersson's start.

Don't get it twisted in that I think Dahlin isn't a phenom alongside Heiskanen - those two are having the best rookie seasons by defenders in recent memory

On that note, even assuming Pettersson didn't exist, what separates Dahlin from a guy like Heiskanen, given their near-identical scoring paces and the latter's signigicantly higher ice time?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Not that I would vote for him ahead of Pettersson, but Heiskanen should be an option. He's battling it out for 2nd with Dahlin right now.

Reactions: TrillMike

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Well, Pettersson got assassinated by a brutal premeditated leg-lock, and died, so this thread is moot. Dahlin is all that matters, even if he wasn't the best so far.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well, Pettersson got assassinated by a brutal premeditated leg-lock, and died, so this thread is moot. Dahlin is all that matters, even if he wasn't the best so far.
I hear the NHL is renaming the trophy as the Pettersson Memorial Trophy. RIP.

Reactions: SotasicA

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Pettersson wins but come on, give Heiskanen a nomination and drop Dahlin or Tkachuk.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I was going to vote Pettersen because come on, but then i noticed you excluded the 2nd/3rd best option so i went other. You know who you excluded

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Who cares about missing options? This poll should only have one option.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Genuinely curious as to why? Especially given the way the question was phrased in the OP, upto this point in the season, I can't see an argument for Dahlin given Pettersson's start.

Don't get it twisted in that I think Dahlin isn't a phenom alongside Heiskanen - those two are having the best rookie seasons by defenders in recent memory

On that note, even assuming Pettersson didn't exist, what separates Dahlin from a guy like Heiskanen, given their near-identical scoring paces and the latter's signigicantly higher ice time?

Rookie of the year should not only be the best statistical performance, it should regard the best performance taking into account age and talent. I know a lot of people disagree with that, but thats my opinion. I think its not just an award about who has the best statistical performance in a given season. I think its an award about who you want representing the league in that category for that given year.

I also think you could make a good case that what Dahlin is doing this season has less precedent than what Pettersson is doing. Dahlin's having one of the 2-3 best 18 year old seasons for a defenseman. Pettersson's 20 year old season probably doesn't even reach the top 30 of 20 year old seasons. He'll score a lot more points, but I don't think thats all the award should be.

Reactions: Lowlife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad