Eklund Rumor: Halak to Maple Leafs

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I like the leafs prospects. They fit today's NHL game really well. Speed,skating, and skill.

Isles have JHS Barzal and Beau to fit that mold.

Marner and Nylander are going to be good. Leafs have some young core in thier hands. I know everyone Jokes about Tavares going there but if the isles continue to make bone headed decisions TOR would be very attractive to him. Tavares and Matthews down the middles with Marner and Nylander to support them would be downright scary. Obviously I hope and pray that never happens.

I would feel for you guys if he decided that he was going to free agency. I agree that would be a scary core, Babcock likes to have pairs of forwards and rotate the third player on the line so that would be pretty attractive to us...and I guess to everybody, franchise centres don't come available often

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Toronto MIA list

Robidas
Lupul
Huniwick

The current growing list of bad players that have made up injuries and put on LTIR to open up unlimited cap space for Toronto. If the Leafs want a player they will find a way to make space for them. Lou and the management team can do as they please without question from the NHL

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Toronto MIA list

Robidas
Lupul
Huniwick

The current growing list of bad players that have made up injuries and put on LTIR to open up unlimited cap space for Toronto. If the Leafs want a player they will find a way to make space for them. Lou and the management team can do as they please without question from the NHL

Lol, ya...sure. It isn't as if there is a criteria that needs to be followed...right? Each of our LTIR guys are legit, the NHL wouldn't allow it otherwise.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Toronto MIA list

Robidas
Lupul
Huniwick

I just seasoned my eggs with this post.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Lol, ya...sure. It isn't as if there is a criteria that needs to be followed...right? Each of our LTIR guys are legit, the NHL wouldn't allow it otherwise.

Is that right? During pre-season they interviewed Kadri about Lupul and I quote

“I’ve talked to him a few times this summer,†said Nazem Kadri, one of Lupul’s long-time friends on the team. “I think he’s ready to go, and I think he’s pretty excited about the season."

3 hours later, Leafs release statement Lupul is out all season on LTIR. If you honestly think all these guys who just happened to play like hot garbage are actually hurt you have your blinders on.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

“I’ve talked to him a few times this summer,†said Nazem Kadri, one of Lupul’s long-time friends on the team. “I think he’s ready to go, and I think he’s pretty excited about the season."

3 hours later, Leafs release statement Lupul is out all season on LTIR. If you honestly think all these guys who just happened to play like hot garbage are actually hurt you have your blinders on.

Well, i think the Doctors that failed Lupul's physical are probably a little more qualified than Kadri.

If you honestly think the Leafs management are going to blatently break the rules...then you have blinders on. Pretty sure the NHL has looked at it....unless you want to look at the long history of the league doing the Leafs favors....:laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
HA ha hahaha! What a joke. Yeah.... we need another injury plagued goalie. Don't get me wrong, halak is pretty good when he's not on the shelf. We certainly won't be carrying 3 goalies and nyi are absolutely not taking another goalie back. Literally nothing about this makes sense. This can get closed now :p

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Well, i think the Doctors that failed Lupul's physical are probably a little more qualified than Kadri.

If you honestly think the Leafs management are going to blatently break the rules...then you have blinders on. Pretty sure the NHL has looked at it....unless you want to look at the long history of the league doing the Leafs favors....:laugh:

Barcelona and maple Leafs, same thing different name....
Of course NHL backs up Leafs, same way UFEA does with Barcelona. Just that their own fans don't see it.....

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

There's a difference between feeling pretty good and being in NHL shape. Something undetected by the individual hinself could be a deal breaker when it comes to playing a physical contact sport at this level.

Players are also constantly training and training injuries are not all that uncommon.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Andersen has played solid in his last two starts against some pretty good competition in Florida and Montreal. I don't think anyone should be panicking a handful of games into hit term with Toronto. Give him time and hope the defense in front of him plays better as well.. it hasn't been all Andersen.

Leafs aren't looking for a goalie right now.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

First we had Dr. Randy Gregg.
I had no idea we had a 2nd MD in the NHL: Dr. Nazem Kadri.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Barcelona and maple Leafs, same thing different name....
Of course NHL backs up Leafs, same way UFEA does with Barcelona. Just that their own fans don't see it.....

Lol....just exactly how does the NHL "back the Leafs"?

If they want to do us a favor, get rid of the cap.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
I honestly wouldn't be that surprised. Halak is a 1A that would work well with Andersen whom I personally feel is a 1B right now.

It's a lot of money to have tied up to your netminders, but Toronto's kids don't need to be re-signed until Halak's deal has expired and Andersen just clearly isn't ready. Halak bridges that gap.

But it's Eklund, so it's total balogna.

Is this a joke? Andersen is much better than Halak. Andersen is ready. Leafs hater alert!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad