Confirmed with Link: Halak re-signs 1yr/3.5M (Inc 1.25M GP Bonus)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jaroslav Halak ‘couldn’t be more happy’ that he’s remaining with the Bruins - The Boston Globe

“I think everybody knows that we have unfinished business,” Halak told reporters. “I hope the season can resume and we can start up where we finished.”
Halak called the Bruins a family, adding that the closeness of the group was a main reason he wanted to remain. He said life in quarantine has made him think a lot, and he reached the conclusion that Boston was the best place for him and his family.
Halak joked that he was in the basement “hiding from the kids” during a Zoom call with reporters, then he clarified that his son has helped him stay in shape by firing shots his way. Halak said he’s also gotten a stationary bike, which helps, but he’s itching to get back on the ice. For now, he’s trying to make the most of the situation and put everything in perspective.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Great signing by DS.
This buys us another year to develop a goalie, if Vlader is not ready and or he gets picked up in the expansion draft in 2021.
If Rask stays on for another year ( it was rumored he would retire next year), works out even better for us.
Hoping Swayman can be ready in two years.
Keyser is the current wild card with our goalies. He played some great hockey in the OHL, watched him play many games.
Hope he get's it together next year.
We can let Legace walk next year, if Keyser is good to play.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Jaroslav Halak with the Bruins:

40-17-10 with a .921 and a 2.36 GAA

Yeah, I'd say he's earned it.

Also, I didn't realise he played with the Capitals during the 2013-14 season...

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good job Sweens and another team friendly deal at 2.25 to the cap. It will work with Miller probably gone and Lauzon already taking over.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Without the Anaheim deals, the Bruins would be paying Heinen and Backes a combined 8.8 million (not including a backup goalie). Instead they'll be paying Kase and Ritchie about 4.1 million, 1.5 retention, and 2.25 for Halak for a 7.85.

Sweeney maintained the best goalie duo in the league for another season, brought in 2 players to contribute (vs Heinen and whatever would happen with Backes) and saved at least million on the cap. I dunno if it's enough to keep Krug, but seems like great cap management again.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Halak is a key cog in the success not only the team sees but Tuuk as well.

Goaltender pairs are key. Especially for teams that are built to go deep. Both Tuuk and the team have benefited very well from having such a stud backup.

Very happy he's sticking around for at least one more. Also gives the kids more time to develop as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad