Confirmed with Link: Halak re-signs 1yr/3.5M (Inc 1.25M GP Bonus)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Further reports suggesting that he's got $1.25 million in performance bonuses if he plays 10 games. He's eligible for that since he turns 35 in 2 weeks. Means that he'll most likely make $3.75, but the Bruins could push it into 2021-22 if they don't have the cap space. Good contract for him, if not a little rich for my liking, but not a huge deal if they need to push the cap hit.

EDIT: Should be $3.5, not $3.75.

Last edited:

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I like it, it am admittedly surprised. I was expecting one of the Providence guys to step into the role next season. The sentiment seems to be that they need more time.

Good deal

Reactions: TCB

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
If this was NHL 2020, Donny seemed to have started GM career with dumpin alot of his staff dollars into the friendly scout that gives bonus 'Players on the team will have higher chance of resigning at a better price".

Donny is league best at having talent believe in the system and the city of Boston.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Further reports suggesting that he's got $1.25 million in performance bonuses if he plays 10 games. He's eligible for that since he turns 35 in 2 weeks. Means that he'll most likely make $3.75, but the Bruins could push it into 2021-22 if they don't have the cap space. Good contract for him, if not a little rich for my liking, but not a huge deal if they need to push the cap hit.

3.75 is way rich - but he’s a good backup.

Wonder what that means for the rest of the roster - Vladar and Swayman battle it out in Providence? What for Keyser? Krug $ (they could have saved 3 mil by going with a kid)?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If this was NHL 2020, Donny seemed to have started GM career with dumpin alot of his staff dollars into the friendly scout that gives bonus 'Players on the team will have higher chance of resigning at a better price".

Donny is league best at having talent believe in the system and the city of Boston.

I think some of the guys in the room are a big part of that as well. Sure seems like Boston has one of the best, if not the best team cultures in the league, at least from my outsider perspective.

aguineapig

There were a lot of games early on where the club played bend don't break D and relied on the Rask and Jaro show.
Throw in a side dish of Pasta Primavera and a timely goal here and there from the supporting cast ( Brett Ritchie even had a GWG against the Leafs don't ya' know) allowed for the big divisional lead. Having Tukka and Jaro is like having a CD that's paying 3% while the Market is over, under, sideways, down. Lets you sleep at night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad