Rumor: Halak PTO

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Wow. What does that say about how they view Kochetkov? I’ll admit I’m not bullish on him … but certainly I wouldn’t think Raanta/Kochetkov was giving up on the season or anything.
I think it's more buying now for a potential Raanta injury.

Also could be signing Halak to offer to Syracuse as a Kochetkov replacement if they do need to call up Kochetkov for an indefinite period.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Wow. What does that say about how they view Kochetkov? I’ll admit I’m not bullish on him … but certainly I wouldn’t think Raanta/Kochetkov was giving up on the season or anything.
To me it tells me that Andersens injury is serious and they are looking at a long term 3rd stringer, not a back up replacement.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I think it's more buying now for a potential Raanta injury.

Also could be signing Halak to offer to Syracuse as a Kochetkov replacement if they do need to call up Kochetkov for an indefinite period.
I don’t know for sure … but I doubt Halak would want to play in the minors at all. NHL or bust, I imagine.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Perets looked pretty good during the pre-season. I'd like to see him get a shot. Kochetkov hasn't looked great outside of that initial run he had...
I think you mean Kochetkov has looked good other than the first 10 days where the Canes looked bad.

Reactions: geehaad

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don’t know for sure … but I doubt Halak would want to play in the minors at all. NHL or bust, I imagine.
Depending on what they find out about Andersen, they might just keep Halak and Pyotr up full time. With a possible LTIR of Freddy, that should be easy at least contractually. And with Halak likely being a "incase of emergencies, break glass" kind of acquisition, he can be the odd man out in most practices as well.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Not sure if I have ever seen a more injury prone goalie than Andersen…wow

You don’t have to look much farther than the other goalie on our roster to find one. Also, this isn’t even an injury with Andersen so odd time to make that comment.

Perets looked pretty good during the pre-season. I'd like to see him get a shot. Kochetkov hasn't looked great outside of that initial run he had...

Perets should be nowhere near the nhl right now. No need to risk ruining his development by rushing him. It’s not like he’s playing lights out in Norfolk either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad