Confirmed with Link: Hal Gill announces retirement

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
My lasting memory of gill is laying down low like a canoe during 5 on 3s... And it worked.

That, and driving Crosby bat**** crazy in 2010.

Haha no doubt. Have you noticed that Mike Weaver started doing this this year. I don't think he really did it last year but all of a sudden he was doing The Gill Kill on a regular basis this year. It didn't work as well for him for some reasonn:laugh:

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Tremendous playoff performer. I'll always remember his huge role in those series against Was and Pit.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He was great for the Habs when the team needed him most. Loved that he could do whatever he wanted to Crosby in the playoffs and get away with it.

He was money in 5 on 3s.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He could be absolutely awful in the regular season, but so strong in the playoffs. That 2010 run he was fantastic. :laugh: And, a big YES to those one man penalty killer comments.

Subban tweeted his retirement news with a #truementor" tag. No question he was great with Subban. He developed really well under Gill's tutelage. He should be a coach. Understood the game really well he just wasn't very skilled. He had a great career for a guy who couldn't skate.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Pk gives him a lot of credit for helping him out in his first season and making him the player he is today. For that alone he deserves our thanks. Them shutting Crosby down together in the playoffs was a great moment indeed :nod:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Pk gives him a lot of credit for helping him out in his first season and making him the player he is today. For that alone he deserves our thanks. Them shutting Crosby down together in the playoffs was a great moment indeed :nod:

That was actually the 3 headed Gill/Spacek/Gorges monster.

Subban was certainly not given that responsibility in his first handful of NHL games haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad