Line Combos: Hagelin-Stepan-Nash

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
When Zuccarello gets his visas all checked out, this is what I want to see rolling out there.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash

Kreider - Richards - Callahan

Zuccarello - Miller - Gaborik

Asham - Newbury - Powe

Brian Boyle and Taylor Pyatt... please get the fudge to the press box.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Not a popular point of view, but I would break up this line to get the rest of the team going. Right now, Stepan, Nash, and Hagelin are probably our three best forwards (Callahan is in the mix), and putting them all on one line hurts the scoring depth. Especially once MZA joins the team, it's going to be hard to spread out the lines if these three are playing together. The way Nash and Stepan are playing, pretty much anyone could be the third player on that line (even Boyle) and it would be fine. I think they should reunite Hagelin with Richards and Gaborik and see if that line can get going from last year. For now, something like:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Boyle-Newbury-Asham

When MZA is ready:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
MZA-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Not a popular point of view, but I would break up this line to get the rest of the team going. Right now, Stepan, Nash, and Hagelin are probably our three best forwards (Callahan is in the mix), and putting them all on one line hurts the scoring depth. Especially once MZA joins the team, it's going to be hard to spread out the lines if these three are playing together. The way Nash and Stepan are playing, pretty much anyone could be the third player on that line (even Boyle) and it would be fine. I think they should reunite Hagelin with Richards and Gaborik and see if that line can get going from last year. For now, something like:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Boyle-Newbury-Asham

When MZA is ready:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
MZA-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

They literally just tried to break up that line to get the rest of the team going and it ended poorly.

Lets just stick with what works for now, shall we?

16 To Stanley*

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Boyle-Newbury-Asham

When MZA is ready:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
MZA-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

No offense, but this is ****ing idiotic.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
When Zuccarello gets his visas all checked out, this is what I want to see rolling out there.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash

Asham - Newbury - Powe

I like this but think if we could fit Boyle with noobs and ashem would give torts more flexibility with key def and faceoff situations. Also a good playmaker like zuccs with gabby might work. Beaver and gabby shouldn't be on ice together and GABA needs to play rw. Get er done torts you stubborn ****!

JD123

Mar 6, 2013

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash

Asham - Newbury - Powe

I like! Cally could possibly get Richards going and if that ever happened he would be a great combo with Kreider. Leave the first line together no matter what. That third line looks good enough to be a decent third line. 4th line looks good too. I wouldn't totally give up on Boyle as a 4th liner and only a 4th liner. He does kill penalties and I believe he is a good locker room guy for whatever thats worth.

GarretJoseph*

This line should never be broken up and if it is Torts should get an ear full from management/fans/media.

Heyoooo*

This line is clearly the top line and should be kept together. Period.

Worry about the other three lines.

Tortorella loves to turn **** into more of a headache even when lines are going.

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Boyle-Newbury-Asham

When MZA is ready:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
MZA-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

Hi John! Nice to see you on HFBoards too!

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
8-0-1 with that line intact...I would say that line is getting the rest of the team going.

but on the flip side that only means that we only tried splitting them up to get other guys going 24 or 25 times. might need to try that a few more times to be sure

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
but on the flip side that only means that we only tried splitting them up to get other guys going 24 or 25 times. might need to try that a few more times to be sure

If it was an 82 game schedule, we might still be searching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad