Pre-Game Talk: #HabsPanthers (28/12/2018 ; 7:00 PM ET ; FS-F, RDS, TSN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Did Price get hurt at the pratice this morning? I remember he seemed uncomfortable at one point against Vegas but I cant remember exactly what happened

Yeah he practiced but left the ice early.....so it will be a Niemi show....not good, not good at all.
Let's hope it won't be for too long.

But something tells me that he ain't that injured.....his wife was supposed to give birth to his 2nd child around the Dec. 24th and since it's not happened yet, it might be just that.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
No way they are giving the net to McNiven for one of the two games, though, right? Too bad Lindgren is injured. So look like it will be Niemi for the two game.

Last time he played 2 games in 2 night was in 2016 February 29 - March 1st! Almost two years ago. He lost both game and was pulled out of the 2nd game giving up 4 goals in 30 minutes.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yeah he practiced but left the ice early.....so it will be a Niemi show....not good, not good at all.
Let's hope it won't be for too long.

But something tells me that he ain't that injured.....his wife was supposed to give birth to his 2nd child around the Dec. 24th and since it's not happened yet, it might be just that.
They wouldn't report it as an injury if it was family related, would they? Unless "Lower body" refers to his wife's delivery.

Reactions: Zorba

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Niemi prob plays both games
That tampa game could look ugly

imagine if Nemei gets injured....Lindgren is injured so he ain't coming up...so we got McNevin as our starter....

this Price out for a few games, we have heard it before right..then 2 weeks later then 2 months later..thennnn..lol

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They wouldn't report it as an injury if it was family related, would they? Unless "Lower body" refers to his wife's delivery.

Some privacy is needed in Montreal so there's not like 10 reporters waiting outside the delivery room.
Price left the practiced early, then Julien said like 10 minutes later that he'll see if Price is available tomorrow, then another 10 minutes later he said he wouldn't be traveling with the team......normally news don't go that fast in the Habs organisation.

I would bet my paycheck that he's having a baby.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well this will get interesting if he is out for more than a game or two. Niemi now has some real pressure on him for the first time since becoming a Hab.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
why didnt they just say that instead of LBI....

https://www.tsn.ca/habs-g-price-lbi-won-t-travel-with-team-1.1232040
36 mins ago - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price will miss at least the team's next two games due to a lower-body injury. The Canadiens ...

Whoever wrote that article didn’t do any research. He probably heard Price left practice and ran to his laptop to get an article out quick because Price being injured is a big story due for a lot of clicks. He’s expecting a kid. Doubt he’s hurt.

Edit: There are a ton of reports saying he is hurt. Who knows.

Jul 6, 2016
Whoever wrote that article didn’t do any research. He probably heard Price left practice and ran to his laptop to get an article out quick because Price being injured is a big story due for a lot of clicks. He’s expecting a kid. Doubt he’s hurt.

He is injured, indeed. Shaw was absent today from practice and they said it was about family matters. If it would be the case for Price, they would say the same. No big deal. But he is injured. and that sucks a lot !

Who's the backup to Niemi ? McNiven or Lindgren ?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He is injured, indeed. Shaw was absent today from practice and they said it was about family matters. If it would be the case for Price, they would say the same. No big deal. But he is injured. and that sucks a lot !

Lindgren is injured currently...so it's gotta be McNevin

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Lindgren won’t be ready until atleast the New Year I believe so I’m guessing it has to be McNiven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce