News Article: Habs worst contracts - The Hockey Writers

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Don't switch the goalposts. The poster you were responding to never said there weren't any negative posts. After all, this is HF's Habs forum where negativity is a constant. You're the perfect example.

He said fans (meaning most) were really satisfied with the contracts. Drouin was the perfect example. The dissenters were maybe a handful. I should know I was one and it felt really lonely in here.

But continue doing what you accused the other poster of doing. Revising history. You're an expert.
To be fair a lot of posters opinion changed regarding the Drou-Drou trade a few days later when Bergevin lost Radulov and Markov.

Losing a top defensive prospect was only worth it if we were going all-in. The moment we lost Radulov and Markov it made that trade completely useless.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
To be fair a lot of posters opinion changed regarding the Drou-Drou trade a few days later when Bergevin lost Radulov and Markov.

Losing a top defensive prospect was only worth it if we were going all-in. The moment we lost Radulov and Markov it made that trade completely useless.
That's exactly how I felt at the time of the Drouin trade. It hurt giving up Serg, but I thought maybe...just maybe Bergevin was going to go for it. Instead it turned into a situation where it was one step forward, followed by two steps back.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad