Post-Game Talk: Habs win in SJ WOW!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's not point production that increase a player's value, pro-scouts don't point watch.
I agree. If the average fan can see that Dvorak provides value now, while NOT on the 1st line as a right (?) winger, then so do scouts.

With Gurianov - Farrell - RHP in, and Drouin - Dadonov - Armia out of the top-12, all our Cs will score more points next year. Opponents won't be able to focus only on shutting down Caufield.

If we can keep Monahan for a year or two for a reasonable cost, he may further help until Beck is ready, but we don't know Sean's ask.

For the following year, after a season in Laval, Roy should be able to replace Hoffman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gurianov is going to fit in well with either Suzuki or Dach, he loves to shoot the puck and both those guys are excellent playmakers. With our lack of talented wingers there is a big opportunity here for him in our top 6 so hopefully he can take advantage of it.
He has a golden opportunity to relaunch his career.
I was impressed with his powerful skating. He looked like a young Erik Cole the way he skated.

Habs are the perfect organization for Denis Gurianov.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gurianov is going to fit in well with either Suzuki or Dach, he loves to shoot the puck and both those guys are excellent playmakers. With our lack of talented wingers there is a big opportunity here for him in our top 6 so hopefully he can take advantage of it.
20 game audition to see if he gets qualified for next year.
This is a good move by Hughes....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Gurianov is a good skater and I do like that one timer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dvorak lacks the playmaking most offensive centres have which holds back his offensive numbers at C, he's more of a shoot first guy. On top of that he is very good around the net with deflections/tips, but aside from the PP, centres aren't in front of the other team's net very often which limits the amount of chances he'd get compared to if he was a winger.

I think he'd make a lot of sense for the Avs. Newhook hasn't been great this year so he could slot into their middle six and help out at C. In the future if Newhooks takes over as the second line C, he could be moved to the wing if needed. They have also been one of the worst teams at faceoffs so Dvorak would be a big help there.

This is also how I see Dvo.

But I'm not sure if Dvo at C is something Sakic would be willing to give up good assets for. I'm skeptical of Dvo's trade value now, and would rather us just play him on the wing next year if we can't get much for him now.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
This is also how I see Dvo.

But I'm not sure if Dvo at C is something Sakic would be willing to give up good assets for. I'm skeptical of Dvo's trade value now, and would rather us just play him on the wing next year if we can't get much for him now.
Jettisoning Dvorak will help unravel our lineup and stack some Ls

I’m not convinced that he wouldn’t garner a conditional first round pick either

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We never win against this stupid team but now we beat them?
It's actually the 2nd win in 3 years (both wins were at the Shark dome, the other one was in 2021). And that is after, 10 consecutive loses...

Also, why didn't Karlsson get any points? He got intimidated by the Hoff or something?
He was good old Karlsson, the one who can't play in his own zone... Maybe losing Timo hurt the Sharks puck possession game way more than expected.

Reactions: the

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Pretty dynamic. He skates hard to the net. Most ice time of the season for him and 6SOG.
Anyone who watched him tonight and didn't come away impressed don't know a good performance when they see one. He was excellent.
Left-handed version of Anderson, three years younger than Josh. If motivated and with coach's confidence, both could be good middle-six contributors ..... even as we get some more game-breaking talent. Maybe in the long run we can only afford one of them on the third line in a well-managed cap structure, but that will be a good problem. We will get a return on the other.

Dvorak lacks the playmaking most offensive centres have which holds back his offensive numbers at C, he's more of a shoot first guy. On top of that he is very good around the net with deflections/tips, but aside from the PP, centres aren't in front of the other team's net very often which limits the amount of chances he'd get compared to if he was a winger.
Monahan was a similar forward for Calgary, but drafted way higher and way more productive. Yet, you can see Sean's value as a winger sometimes too.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
The word 'Tank' should be Banned on this board .
It is the most offensive and derogatory pronoun on a board supposedly for Hab Fans .
Tanks for your suggestion. We’ve written it down and put in into the suggestion tank, high up in the turret of this here castle. Someone will have to get on their treads and run on up there to take on that tankless task at one point of reading all these vital recommendations.

Reactions: Benstheman

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Ya again stuck in nowhere land. At this rate we will be mediocre for yrs.
This is a frequently stated theme, but it is only partially true.

A team can be a bubble team because it is on the way down (see Washington and Pittsburgh now), or on the way up (see Buffalo and Ottawa now). And of course, perennial bubble team is not something you want in a league where competing for championships and winning some is the goal.

But if Montreal can be a bubble team within 12-18 months of being worst in the league, based on an emphasis on youth and without renting stop-gap players with prime assets, and without overpaying mediocrity (read that, those who want RHP to get $5M x 6), then this is merely a necessary step along the way to perrenial playoff team, then contender.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This is a frequently stated theme, but it is only partially true.

A team can be a bubble team because it is on the way down (see Washington and Pittsburgh now), or on the way up (see Buffalo and Ottawa now). And of course, perennial bubble team is not something you want in a league where competing for championships and winning some is the goal.

But if Montreal can be a bubble team within 12-18 months of being worst in the league, based on an emphasis on youth and without renting stop-gap players with prime assets, and without overpaying mediocrity (read that, those who want RHP to get $5M x 6), then this is merely a necessary step along the way to perrenial playoff team, then contender.
Absolutely agree................pretty sure everyone can see the difference right now, where the organization has actually picked a path and direction, as compared to the previous GM. It's not even close.

The direction of the club is to build a sustainable team, that competes every single night, and not just now and then..............The days of hey, maybe we make da playoff, and who knows will soon be gone.

Patience is a virtue............

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I can't believe how good Guhle is at such a young age, I really can't
It's like having a Sergio Ramos out there lol, so versatile

His pass to Guri, muah
His Goal
skating and physical presence
He's a total dream right now lol

The 23 games off if anything gave him time to rest from getting practically run into the ground early in the season as a rookie, decompressed a bit, view the game from above for a bit
ladt night i didnt see a rookie anymore, you saw a Vet
He makes Edmundson completely redundant, no joke lol
Love him

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This win feels exactly like a good shit. The end.
It feels awesome. I was in bed cheering! It was a good sleep. GO HABS GO BABY!!!!

The word 'Tank' should be Banned on this board .
It is the most offensive and derogatory pronoun on a board supposedly for Hab Fans .
Or at least keep the bullshit to one thread. Beyond annoying.

Let them have their own cheering to lose thread. Keep it out of the rest of the them though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It does ruin the posting experience when folks are hoping their team loses. I could never outright watch the Habs play hoping for a loss.
I understand wanting a better draft pick. But if you're going to pray and hope for unlikely things, wouldn't you rather pray that Guhle, Harris, and Barron score 50 next year? That RHP and Ylonen both break their barrier and score 30? That Caufield scores 60? That Suzuki is a PPG?

I'd rather watch hoping for those things than a lose.

Reactions: Tyson and morhilane

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Quality road win by the Habs. Stayed within striking distance and battled all night. Nice to see Gurianov in the lineup. Also nice to see Ylonen score and Pitlick playing fairly well again. Barron had some rough moments I thought.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Our 2023 pick is looking less optimal by the day! Hopefully we graduate a few players next year and pick up steam from there. If we don't get a top 3/5 pick this year , rebuild is over.

Reactions: Gravity

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It feels awesome. I was in bed cheering! It was a good sleep. GO HABS GO BABY!!!!

Or at least keep the bullshit to one thread. Beyond annoying.

Let them have their own cheering to lose thread. Keep it out of the rest of the them though.
It was agreed through the mods to do that, actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad