Sep 10, 2019
E0663BE9-2BA2-41FC-9698-074EB93DCA4C.jpeg
E0F32F45-257E-4DAC-885A-14AC0994A04E.jpeg
E4275994-8411-4194-B3B3-C510679DB238.jpeg

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yes it was domination. If not for their goalie they would have been blown out big time,it was one of the most impressive games Habs have played in ions.

I know shots were heavily in our favour in the first. I was listening to the radio and Dan sounded out of breath commentating on the barrage we had on Demko. KK scored, and I listed to the period end. I was a little nervous we'd let up the rest of the game and was going to listen some more but then I passed out, lol!

Only going by the scoreboard, but in the past, when Boeser put the game 2-1, we'd usually collapse or play super tentative. Good to see we just put the screws into them rest of the game. I mean, it's possible the outcome was never in doubt since I didn't see myself, but we needed a convincing win considering we should had won Monday also.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm curious to be honest at what DD does tonight.
Does Mete get to come in and go with Weber or does he bump up Romanov with Webs and do a Kulak-Mete pair
My guess is Weber - Mete. They've played together before and had some success.

They can always rotate Romanov in there if needed. I'd ride Petry - Eddy as the first pairing and then that one.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm curious to be honest at what DD does tonight.
Does Mete get to come in and go with Weber or does he bump up Romanov with Webs and do a Kulak-Mete pair
Maybe Oulette? He is on the trip with the team. Flames are going to be driving and crashing the net to impress Sutter in his first game. Will need someone bigger than Mete to clear the crease. Personally I would have preferred Fleury.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I know shots were heavily in our favour in the first. I was listening to the radio and Dan sounded out of breath commentating on the barrage we had on Demko. KK scored, and I listed to the period end. I was a little nervous we'd let up the rest of the game and was going to listen some more but then I passed out, lol!

Only going by the scoreboard, but in the past, when Boeser put the game 2-1, we'd usually collapse or play super tentative. Good to see we just put the screws into them rest of the game. I mean, it's possible the outcome was never in doubt since I didn't see myself, but we needed a convincing win considering we should had won Monday also.

It was very encouraging to see them not let up and keep after the game pushing the pace,very relentless. And not ''garbage'' type goals,some very pretty goals. Demko kept them in it all game,if not for him......

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I was watching the highlites of last nights game, and Holy Toledo is Jeff Petry everywhere. He could have had 3 goals easily. What a great wrister and slap shot he has.

I don't know what diet and training regime he's on to be getting better like that with age, but what a steal at his salary.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Maybe Oulette? He is on the trip with the team. Flames are going to be driving and crashing the net to impress Sutter in his first game. Will need someone bigger than Mete to clear the crease. Personally I would have preferred Fleury.

Ouellet doesn't really clear the net more than Mete. Mete also has an history of being at least decent with Weber.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I was watching the highlites of last nights game, and Holy Toledo is Jeff Petry everywhere. He could have had 3 goals easily. What a great wrister and slap shot he has.

I don't know what diet and training regime he's on to be getting better like that with age, but what a steal at his salary.
Out of all the premature contract extensions MB has given out, this one looks like the best by far (so far).

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Ouellet doesn't really clear the net more than Mete. Mete also has an history of being at least decent with Weber.

What about me!? Put me in coach, I'm ready!! I don't skate that well, but I'm full of piss and vinegar! At my age, I may need a full tube of Voltaren Emulgel afterwards though.

200.gif

Reactions: Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The mind boggling part is that it never happened this year before this game. I wonder if that set some sort of nhl record.
If you recall the games we did do well in earlier in the year were won with our transition game off the rush. Not the sustained pressure we saw last night from multiple lines. It is far easier to draw penalties when they are chasing you not the other way around.

Reactions: FloJack

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just need Suzuki to wake up and we’re looking real good

He can do better points wise but who here would have claimed he would be leading our forwards in ice time taking on more experienced top centers and doing so without jeopardizing his team. He needs to get better on FO and I'm still not convinced Drouin is the right fit for him. Getting Anderson back will help but we need to give them some time to reunite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad