Post-Game Talk: Habs win, but end of an era... Dan0 no more, now Danau1t

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I slept on the game after 5 minutes. Men. 11pm. I hope thats the last game at this hour.

You're lucky!! Its impossible for me to fall a sleep during a game, im working harder than some players on the ice, my face becomes all red, my heart is pumping, my hands are sweating, no way im falling a sleep!! I need at least an hour after the game and a few drags of weed to have some kind of rest

Reactions: Hins77 and Geecko

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Lost in all that Danno excitement the fact the Weber finally buried one with his patented slapshop.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He can do better points wise but who here would have claimed he would be leading our forwards in ice time taking on more experienced top centers and doing so without jeopardizing his team. He needs to get better on FO and I'm still not convinced Drouin is the right fit for him. Getting Anderson back will help but we need to give them some time to reunite.
Ya he hasn’t been bad, just a bit invisible. At the beginning of the year he was making moves and plays almost every shift. Now he’s maybe got one in him a night. He’s a young player so it ends and flows, but we need to get him going again.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I'm actually surprised that the players association don't have a min 24hr clause on B2B.

It’s not like the teams are competing for arena dates. Why a B2B with less than 24hrs makes no sense. The first period will be interesting, Cgy, will throw everything at them. Habs 3 Flames 2!

Last edited:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Not liking the Suzuki PP unit

KK’s unit is much better.

Petry can actually be the QB. KK’s shot from high is dangerous. Imagine when we toss Caufield instead of Tatar. Gallagher and Perry in front of the net are great.

Perry
Caufield - Gallagher - KK
Petry

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
that was a lot of fun, although day drinking to watch baseball made for a long night and a groggy morning. It's so nice to not hear shit takes on KK for a little at least and now that Price is on fire, just need to get Suzuki going.
Which RD in Laval would merit some time on the Big club if any?

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I realize dumping on Chiarot is “in”...but it’s not his fault he’s been miscast with 1st pair TOI. He was very solid as top-4 in Jets and even w Habs last year
Sure... but now that he is out, would it be detrimenatal giving Fleury a shot on the third pair while moving Romanov with Weber?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which RD in Laval would merit some time on the Big club if any?

none imo, they all need more time in Laval. Brook is just putting together some good offense, don't want to mess with that. Fleury could likely fill in for a few but he's been making some really poor decisions in his own end. I'd rather see if they can work with him or perhaps he's just not overly bright and they will just have to live with it. It would make more sense to call him up over Brook who's looking good but still has a lot of work to do as he's been walked a couple times this year and also might not be very bright and clearly needs to add some mass and strength.

There's Leskinen who's likely playing his best hockey in the AHL, I believe he can play RD but I don't think you want to bring him up and put him on his off-side unless he's comfortable there but I don't know if he is or can even play there. He would make the most sense, if he can play that side. I want to say I saw him play some RD last year in Laval but I'm a bit hungover so not thinking clearly as it hurts to think too hard.

Reactions: Rapala

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Sure... but now that he is out, would it be detrimenatal giving Fleury a shot on the third pair while moving Romanov with Weber?
Big brain move is not obvious
791e66915a.png

352503d3fc.png

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Price is back. I knew he'd be back :)
Hopefully you are right - he's been awesome in his last 4 games and it is an indication he may be back. If so, I'm glad he snapped out of it, hopefully, in time, this season; in the last 2 or 3 seasons, his slumps ended when the habs were no longer in danger of making the playoffs -that's when he would revert to 2014 Carey Price

I'm also happy to be eating my share of crow re. OK - I started to go down the "I wish we had picked Brady" route I trust there will be no need for me to send back my plate of crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad