Post-Game Talk: Habs win against BJs after losing big the night before.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Montembeault was solid. Allen has been absolutely shit lately. MSL should play Montembeault Friday. Kid deserves it.

Xhekaj scores. Caufield, Dach, and Slafkovsky pick up assists, so happy about that.

Gave CBJ so many chances in 1st period it was nuts, but Montreal did get better defensively as game went on.

Oh, except on CBJ's goal in 3rd period when Savard & Matheson played hockey's version of duck, duck, go with the puck. In this case, it's:

Savard: You turn it over.
Matheson: No, you turn it over.
Savard: I insist you.
Matheson: Ok - passes to CBJ player in slot.

Holy crap!

Overall, a better game tonight by Montreal.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Montembeault was solid. Allen has been absolutely shit lately. MSL should play Montembeault Friday. Kid deserves it.

Xhekaj scores. Caufield, Dach, and Slafkovsky pick up assists, so happy about that.

Gave CBJ so many chances in 1st period it was nuts, but Montreal did get better defensively as game went on.

Oh, except on CBJ's goal in 3rd period when Savard & Matheson played hockey's version of duck, duck, go with the puck. In this case, it's:

Holy crap!

Overall, a better game tonight by Montreal.
Matheson has been playing like Patrice Brisebois. Good offensively, good transition game, makes brain cramps.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
WIFI NBA - never benched again

good night

FU_W-oOXsAErdXT.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's getting the Bill Masterton trophy this year. Unbelievable story and we aren't even using him properly.

Underrated player, he would be close to PPG if he had someone to play with.
I've liked him since camp started. I was happy when he played with Suzuki and Caufield because he was by far a much better player than they'd had in the past. But it's easy to see he's better suited at center.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What made it worse was how Matheson botched his rush up the ice with Suzuki Caufield and Dach all playmaking options and instead he takes an ineffectual shot towards the net which was basically the turnover that started the whole sequence. :laugh:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Suzuki and Danault don't exist ?
Suzuki wasn't what he is today under Bergevin and it could be argued he would have never reached that level.

I'm a fan of Danault but I take Monahan before.

Only center I believe was perhaps superior is Plekanec.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Suzuki wasn't what he is today under Bergevin and it could be argued he would have never reached that level.

I'm a fan of Danault but I take Monahan before.

Only center I believe was perhaps superior is Plekanec.

Come on man, I don't like Bergevin but that's stretching it to outer space. Suzuki was awesome even before MSL and was the best forward on that cup final team. He's the best center this team has had since Damphousse. Danaults is at least equal to this version of Monahan.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Monahan was our best center.
It's sad when I like some players and I know they're gonna leave. This year it will be Monahan. Last year it was Lehkonen. 2 years ago it was Perry and Danault. Price and Weber injured for ever. That's a lot of players we have to say goodbye. That's sad.

Who is the real Sam? Only one way to find out -- give him more games.
Do you think Sam have the potential of a real #1 G?
This is an option we have to think about. And you're right. We will know it when we'll give him more games.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Can you imagine our line-up without Dvorak?

I can, I never see him already.

I actually thought he played well defensively tonight, especially in 3rd period. He was getting down low and helping the D out transition wise too.

Problem is he's stuck with Gallagher and Dadonov on his line, so isn't doing much offensively. He has 9 pts in 20 games, which is a 37 pt season, which is ok for a 3rd liner who wins draws, kills penalties and can be trusted defensively.

I actually think he's playing a lot better than he did last year when he was a complete dog at both ends, so much so he pissed me off. He was awful.

I'm comfortable with him on the ice now. He's needs better wingers, but we're really weak on wing.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Come on man, I don't like Bergevin but that's stretching it to outer space. Suzuki was awesome even before MSL and was the best forward on that cup final team. He's the best center this team has had since Damphousse. Danaults is at least equal to this version of Monahan.
Suzuki was a poor man version of Danault towards the end of Ducharme tenure as a head coach.

I could give the W to Bergevin for getting us Suzuki but his horrible track record to develop any young player disqualifies him.

It looks even worst knowing that our first successful propect in 8 years at the time was mostly developed by Vegas.

I'm convinced that the Suzuki we see today wouldn't exist if Bergevin was still around.

Money Hands Monahan is on pace for 50 points all by himself. He's been given an impossible task. No way Danault could be this productive all by himself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Suzuki was a poor man version of Danault towards the end of Ducharme tenure as a head coach.

I could give the W to Bergevin for getting us Suzuki but his horrible track record to develop any young player disqualifies him.

I'm convinced that the Suzuki we see today wouldn't exist if Bergevin was still around.

Money Hands Monahan is on pace for 50 points all by himself. He's been given an impossible task. No way Danault could be this productive all by himself.

I just can't take your Suzuki take seriously. He was already on pace for 60 points by his second season and the best forward on the team. One outlier stretch where the whole team looked awful doesn't change that. And this is besides the point, the fact of the matter is the guy who acquired the best center in two decades is MB. It's arguing against reality to say otherwise. We can only hope HuGo manage to get someone as good.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My prediction for this 6 game swing through the bottom feeder teams was 4-2. We're currently 2-2, with games versus Chicago on Friday then San Jose at home next Tuesday to finish it off.

I expect Hawks to play hard for Richardson, and it's a 3 games in 4 nights for us, with less than 48 hours between the back-to-back (2pm start on Friday), so I don't expect a win vs Hawks.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad