Post-Game Talk: Habs win 5-2. de la Rose with 2 goals. Subban 3pts +5.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

He always had the potential, but he was on offensive teams throughout his career. A lot more like Mike Green than Sergei Zubov or Andrei Marko v.

Ahaha, yeah I forgot about that. Thank goodness his defensive abilities are better than I expected it to be. So glad to have him on the team right now.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Markov also made Craig Rivet look like he could play hockey so you can kinda indirectly thank him for Max Pacioretty

Watching the General in the mid-2000's night after night my highlight of watching hockey

So glad he is back in business

Same can be said of Komisarek and luckily the Habs dodged a bullet there.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm sick of people posting this.

Moen had chipped the puck by Gonchar, so if Gonchar stepped in front of him, that's interference.

Gonchar slightly moved over to hold Moen up a bit, expecting Letang to come in behind him and get the puck. Letang was slow, or didn't read that in time and Fleury sucked.

Well, if the possibility is to give Moen a break away vs interfering and getting a penalty, I know which I would pick...then again, in the heat of the moment...who knows

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Well, if the possibility is to give Moen a break away vs interfering and getting a penalty, I know which I would pick...then again, in the heat of the moment...who knows

However, with where the play was happening on the ice, Gonchar had to expect Letang to get over and get the puck off of Moen. Unfortunately, he was slow to get there and Moen had a chance to shoot.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
AND HE'S AN IDIOT FOR DOING SO. ELLER IS A SOLID TWO WAY CENTER. SO WTF WOULD YOU PUT HIM ON THE ****ING WING? HE DOESN'T ****ING BELONG THERE.

Yes, that's right. He's got this team 4 points from first overall in the league and he's the idiot. I think what's needed here is a little humility.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yes, that's right. He's got this team 4 points from first overall in the league and he's the idiot. I think what's needed here is a little humility.
Yep. Let's hope he shows some to Carey Price every day because without him MT would've been sacked long ago. Carey Price btw is the guy who's got this team 4 points from first overall, not MT.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Markov also made Craig Rivet look like he could play hockey so you can kinda indirectly thank him for Max Pacioretty

Watching the General in the mid-2000's night after night my highlight of watching hockey

So glad he is back in business

So true! I remember when he started turning the corner around 03/04 into being who he has become, was just awesome to watch.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Actually, the Habs ****ed up a lot in that time frame by not selling players like Komisarek/Souray when it was clear they weren't coming back.

Yeah Souray was a big time miss............we could of cashed in big time,,,,but he slipped away for nothing.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
So true! I remember when he started turning the corner around 03/04 into being who he has become, was just awesome to watch.

He was a wizard! Meanwhile most of the country and Leafs fans of the internet were convinced that Tomas Kaberle was the best defenceman in the country, feel bad for everyone who grew up forced into CBC's coverage

PricePkPatch*

Yep. Let's hope he shows some to Carey Price every day because without him MT would've been sacked long ago. Carey Price btw is the guy who's got this team 4 points from first overall, not MT.

He also had a damn good season in 2013. Price was standing on his head then?

Not really..

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Yeah Souray was a big time miss............we could of cashed in big time,,,,but he slipped away for nothing.

Yeah but if i remember correctly that 06-07 team was on the playoff border, Gainey would have got **** on if he traded Souray either way.. decent veteran team, but was still employing one of the worst D I've ever seen outside of Traverse and Laflamme.. Bouillon... and that plug Steve Begin when they lost to the Leafs despite Ryders hat trick in the final reg season game

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Yeah but if i remember correctly that 06-07 team was on the playoff border, Gainey would have got **** on if he traded Souray either way.. decent veteran team, but was still employing one of the worst D I've ever seen outside of Traverse and Laflamme.. Bouillon... and that plug Steve Begin when they lost to the Leafs despite Ryders hat trick in the final reg season game

:banghead: Such great memories :banghead:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

We could have gotten a top prospect and a 1st round pick for Souray that year. It was STUPID to not move him because EVERYONE knew he was gone. A miracle run as an 8th seed is no excuse to let an asset go for nothing.

Gainey would have had a better idea of that too had he did negotiations during the season. ****, I defended Gainey enough during his tenure, but he was a pile of manure after his personal tragedy. Then again, I don't know if he was a figurehead for the awful Gauthier at that point.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We could have gotten a top prospect and a 1st round pick for Souray that year. It was STUPID to not move him because EVERYONE knew he was gone. A miracle run as an 8th seed is no excuse to let an asset go for nothing.

Gainey would have had a better idea of that too had he did negotiations during the season. ****, I defended Gainey enough during his tenure, but he was a pile of manure after his personal tragedy. Then again, I don't know if he was a figurehead for the awful Gauthier at that point.

Wasn't that the year they traded Rivet for Gorges and a 1st?

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011

Oh that's funny cause I could've sworn there were about 20 players on the team.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Oh that's funny cause I could've sworn there were about 20 players on the team.

Yup, and only a handful are playing consistently well this season, with Price leading the way. Even Patches isn't close and that's saying something.

It would be ugly without Price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad