Habs win 4-2 against Carolina | Price steals the game | 3 Stars: Cube, Gionta, Weber

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Again, you have your opinion I have mine. Keep calling me a troll, I can only image how much a pain in the ass you must be in real life when someone disagree with you. Easy to call me ridiculous behind your computer tough guy.
I'm calling your posts ridiculous... because they are.

This has nothing to do with being behind a computer or being a tough guy... :laugh:
Price had 2 solid season and 2 average season. 1/3 good playoff. I don't see it as "being great" over the years.

I was expressing this thinking before the 2 last game of Price and gonna keep saying it till he prove other wise, which I hope.
You have been trolling. You haven't been expressing an opinion. By all means, keep saying it. You don't have any credibility anyway so you might as well go for broke... And hey, with any luck the guy will have another terrible game and go on a losing streak. Let's all dare to dream.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously as a poster here. Reply all you want, I'm done with you.

Maelpj*

Its obvious you have an agenda against Price when you discredit his wins, always using his salary to criticize him and doubt he can be consistent. If he wins 7 in a row, it would be a team effort, he loses 2 in a row, he should be better because he makes 6.5M$. It's not because he makes 6M$ that he can pull a hart performance every year.

Do you guys even watch hockey OUTSIDE the league? Do you understand that other 6M$ can slump for some games too? Watch Rinne, watch Miller, watch Ludnqvist, watch Luongo, watch Fleury, watch Ward you would realize that they have bad moments and not earning their 5.5M$++ salary either and their stats are similar or worst than Price. Those are stanley cup winners, vezina winners and runner ups.

Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.

At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.

I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You sound like a really smart dude. Keep up the good work champ.

Wins are far from being correlated to goaltender performance, and most here agree. We have one of the best offensive of the league this season, and the 4th best team for shots against.

Yes, Price have been below expectation for a 6.5m$ goaler most of the season. He caused more loss than win. Doesn't mean I can't recognize when he has a solid game like tonigh and hope he stay constant, which I doubt and hope I'm wrong.

I respectfully disagree. You happily cite offensive performance, but how many of the goals scored were directly from poor defensive play as opposed to shaky goaltending?

If you don't fairly and equally consider both, and you clearly don't, you are as far far from objectivity as Cherry or Milbury.

I have no problem with criticism of Price or any other player ass long as it is fair, considered and bias free.

I'm probably not the only one on this thread who feels your opinions do not meet any of these required standards.

Last edited:

Maelpj*

I'm calling your posts ridiculous... because they are.

This has nothing to do with being behind a computer or being a tough guy... :laugh:

You have been trolling. You haven't been expressing an opinion. By all means, keep saying it. You don't have any credibility anyway so you might as well go for broke... And hey, with any luck the guy will have another terrible game and go on a losing streak. Let's all dare to dream.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously as a poster here. Reply all you want, I'm done with you.

I could care less about being taken seriously about people calling others troll just because they have different opinion than them.

I can only hope you're done quoting me, most of your reply are personal attack without consistence

Stop taking things to seriously, you have some serious problems

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
in short. everyone who is not neutral has an extremist agenda/vendetta. positive or negative. not enough neutrality. i've said this before, people are so far stuck on one end or the complete other of the spectrum

the most sense is always found in the dead center of two baboon's opinions.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.

At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.

I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.

When I turn on the NHL network I hear the experts (several of them former NHL goaltenders) praise Carey Price, am I supposed to think. "What do they know, Maelpj says something quite different, and Maelpj is supported by Bobby Fischer and assorted other cognoscenti."

Maelpj*

When I turn on the NHL network I hear the experts (several of them former NHL goaltenders) praise Carey Price, am I supposed to think. "What do they know, Maelpj says something quite different, and Maelpj is supported by Bobby Fischer and assorted other cognoscenti."

"Expert" were classing Habs 12-15th in the east this season.

If you base your opinion solely on what "expert" say, then no, you don't really need to think/use your brain.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

If you base your opinion solely on what "expert" say, then no, you don't really need to think/use your brain.

Yeah, these experts are just Price haters haters :huh:

samsquanch9*

I could care less about being taken seriously about people calling others troll just because they have different opinion than them.

I can only hope you're done quoting me, most of your reply are personal attack without consistence

Stop taking things to seriously, you have some serious problems

Hmmmmm

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I never said Price was the reason we are first in the east. Don't put words in my mouth. Price is getting blame for his bad performance but doesn't get praised when he plays well? I thought Price is part of the Habs and this is a team game. The team is first, shouldn't Price get praised just as much as his teammates. Why is he singled out for losses and not his teammates, or defense that plays bad? I don't understand that. Bad defense leads to scoring chances and shots but no, lets blame Price solely?

Also, Why should we ignore those goalie poor or ok performance, they are also getting paid big money. Isn't that why they are highly paid? I thought by your standards, every goalie that is getting paid over 5.5M$ should always be consistent and never have a bad break. I'm not putting word in your mouth but when you say a goalie that is getting paid *this amount of money* should not have bad streak like Price.

Well, I just proved you that it does happen. If you watch around the league, you will see not all 6M$ goalie a perfectly consistent and never have bad streaks. Price's last 2 games and people bashed on him like crazy.

And because these goalie have won stanley cup or Vezina in the past, they basically have immunity to bad streak and not Price? They can sit on their big contract and give poor performance because they've won before? Yeah.. OK.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Holy lolllllll

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
He stole a period :laugh:

No he didn't he still got 2 goals past him.

But still he was great tonight after two dreadful starts in which he was mostly to blame, Wether the Price lovers like it or not.

I'm neither a hater or a lover just a habs fan seeing things as they are. This means blame the players that needs to be blame and give the credit when it's due.

Price has a lot of character for sure he could have just flatten out but he he made some key saves tonight.

Eller has been excellent in the last games.

Plekanec and Desharnais were average at best tonight, Ryder was invisible and it was the best game of the season for Gorges and Subban.

MicroFracture

Jan 1, 2009
Trois-Rivieres

There's a difference between trying to predict where a team will finish and evaluating the performance of a player, ffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad