Habs win 4-2 against Carolina | Price steals the game | 3 Stars: Cube, Gionta, Weber

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It feels good to win, but this team has some real issues with their defensive play, particularly the transitions. What this team is best at is also what this team is the worst at when it comes to defending it. It could lead to a slump soon. Certainly, this type of game won't fly when the playoffs come around.

I've been noticing it for a while, but the habs have generally been getting away with it.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
it may interest you that patof has seemed more positive recently. these weren't in pleks related topics, but posts were constructive!

Ha! It's true. His one liners are moving in the right direction. See everyone! You can learn to love YOUR Habs!:nod:

BTW, the Bush reference was hilarious. Literally LOLd (I do NOT use LOL lightly!)

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I wouldn't watch all the Habs fans or pass a good amount of my time on these board expressing my opinion about the team even if i'm getting **** 95% of the time if I wasn't a fan.

Kay. Then did I misinterpret that you suggested fan voting is dumb? Or at least irrelevant? If not, perhaps you're not expressing what you actually mean.

Don't care for your opinions tonight, but I figure during a playoff game watching a game on a big screen we'd find some unity.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The Gionta haters need to go away. Forever.

Good comeback win after a really ugly 2nd period - good thing Price remembered how to play NHL hockey tonight.

Kaberle needs to be back in next game regardless of whether Weber is healthy or not.

I dont hate Gionta, but he looks to be on the downside. In his earlier days, he was alot like Gallagher in that he won more board battles, and got his nose dirty quite often. He's lost some of that, but he's still a smart player. I guess you have to be after being groomed in the devils organization.

Maelpj*

Anyway, its your opinion so I guess I have to respect that, one thing is for sure though, you might be not a hater but you're certainly not a fan of him.

effectively, I'm not is biggest fan, doesn't mean I think he suck. Isn't there a middle? I'm just not conviced that he can be a dominant goaltender on a regular basis, in my opinion, he hasn't proved himself over a long enough period yet. That's why I think we are putting in the "superstar" category too fast. The HUGE contract at 25 years old and the status of "elite top 3 keeper" is a hell lot of pressure, look what happened with Theodore.

Of course I hope the dude success, why wouldn't I, if he doesn't, the Habs have no chance of winning the cup. I hope he make me eats crow in the future, but I don't see how not jumping in the "OMG best goalie of the league" wagon is making me a troll.

Maelpj*

Kay. Then did I misinterpret that you suggested fan voting is dumb? Or at least irrelevant? If not, perhaps you're not expressing what you actually mean.

Don't care for your opinions tonight, but I figure during a playoff game watching a game on a big screen we'd find some unity.

Probably. Till Price let in a weak goal:laugh:

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
Well, I don't want to call your judgement into question, but IMO he was our worst player (that includes Armstrong btw) and was continually screwing up "The System". We could never exit our zone and when we did, it resulted in going right back in. I'm actually a fan of the trade, not only for the $$$, but cuz I think Ryder can finish and put up some points. Tonight, he was awwwwful. Looked so slow, confused and just unable to do anything right. He was likely benched because he was a liability. MT pretty much said that right at the end of his PC (or at least the one Antichambre showed).

Looking for him to put up some goals in Tbay.

Ok thanks! During the second I felt the entire team was struggling and had trouble singling out anyone for their play. Hopefully he picks it up soon.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I know it ain't gonna happen for real any time soon but in my book, Prust has the "C".

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

BTW, I have not watched the game but is it just me or the only guys Therrien played in the third were Chucky, Eller and Prust? The few times I caught the game was in the third and every times they were the only three Habs forward on the ice, I was not sure If I was seeing things. It felt like Therrien was only confident in these three guys to make any plays.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

BTW, I have not watched the game but is it just me or the only guys Therrien played in the third were Chucky, Eller and Prust? The few times I caught the game was in the third and every times they were the only three Habs forward on the ice, I was not sure If I was seeing things. It felt like Therrien was only confident in these three guys to make any plays.

They played more than they normally do, but the majority of the minutes still went to Plek's and DD's line. Moen got bumped up to 1st line, Ryder and the rest of the 4th sat the 3rd period.

MoobMoob

EntertainingasanSTD
Jun 11, 2011
Valhalla
This crow tastes good.

Thank you Price for stealing a game after those two poor showings. I knew you had it in you. Let's see more play like this from Price.

No way this team wins this one without Price in net.

BeBen*

Was sleeping from 4:30pm to 2:30 am, bought the 3 months package on hockeystreams when i woke up

I don't regret it hehe

Almost wanted to skip that 2nd period though, wow that was brutal

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Good win despite terrible defense. Price was awesome, which should at least silence the critics for a couple days. Eller, Prust and Galchenyuk had their best game of the season. Eller is really maturing nicely and turning into a hell of a player.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I can't believe this thread deteriorated into a debate of Price's value.

Like it or not Price is one of the top goalies in the world. Learn to accept it.

His problem is when he's great he doesn't look flashy like Tim Thomas or Rinnie. This is very similar to Dryden vs Vachon. Both were excellent goalies but Dryden was just a little better but he didn't look flashy like Vachon did. Dryden was mostly positioning, angles and anticipation. Vachon was all reflexes and looked spectacular making his moves.

That's the problem with Price. He doesn't look flashy when he makes his saves so the haters don't realize how good he is.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Good win despite terrible defense. Price was awesome, which should at least silence the critics for a couple days. Eller, Prust and Galchenyuk had their best game of the season. Eller is really maturing nicely and turning into a hell of a player.

I wouldnt get your hopes too high on silencing these gumps. Most of them are just saying tonight was a solid game. Solid.... where is Chris Berman when you need him.

cmon-e1318569612551.png

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Price FTW. Suck it up, haters.

Basically.

Haters - "Price never steals any games for Montreal"

Price steals the game

Haters - "ummm... pff, Price should steal every game for Montreal"

MODS! Please ban the word 'haters' from this board. No one, not one Habs fan, 'hates' Price, and we're ****ing inundated with kids using the term 'haters'. Please try to control this. It is really ****ing irritating. It is just not on.

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
I am trying to get the reference to the 3 stars in the thread title? OP?

I get Bouillon, fore the mere fact that he got Dwyer to run with his tail between his legs just by talking to him. Gionta?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
MODS! Please ban the word 'haters' from this board. No one, not one Habs fan, 'hates' Price, and we're ****ing inundated with kids using the term 'haters'. Please try to control this. It is really ****ing irritating. It is just not on.

Almost as annoying as people calling others 'kids' to pump themselves up. Almost.

And if anyone missed it, this is the most revealing thing I took away from the GDT last night:

I'm into the kids now. It's all kids for me, from now on.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Few observations:

- Price will be ok. Bad game and bad sequences happen. He's a very good goalie.

- I still don't get the Cole trade. Habs could have kept him, then trade him in the summer for a third round draft pick alone. Habs would be better with him than with Ryder.

- habs defense is suspect at best. Pk is getting better and better, but markov is dangerously going down. A d-man would be better welcomed at the deadline than all the Clowe of the world.

- Prust is an amazing signing!

- Put ward in net, add a healthy tuomo ruttu and a top 4 d-man, and Carolina becomes one of the best team in the conference. Eric Staal is a beast.

I agree, We are a better team with Cole in line up, I honestly believe he was just about to get going, his last couple games as a hab were pretty great. I understand that his 4.5mill/year for 2 more years is pretty nice to get rid of, but the way this team is playing it would have been nice to have his energy and size in the playoffs. No offense to Ryder but if he doesn't give it 110% I have a feeling MT will get fed up fast.

Analyzer*

What does 'Yress" from the Gaston Therrien meme mean ?

I barely speak French, so slang is hard to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad