Post-Game Talk: Habs win 2-1 despite Chara diving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
the only time I've seen hockey players go down like that is when they skate onto the ice forgetting to remove their skate guards.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Let me get this straight:

Everyone can make fun of Chara's terrible balance (which can be very bad at times --he's like a ripped giraffe out there) but if he spins out and loses his balance Vs. the Habs while getting tugged on, he is now a diver.

Sure. I guess we all see what we want to see.

There is no way Eller pulled him down on his own, Chara tried a very sharp turn (for him) that he would have been lucky to pull off with nobody around.

XAxaV.gif

FanHabtic*

Julien and Peter Chirelli define the pot calling the kettle black. Its almost like a sickness amongst the Bruins management, their players (Marchand in particular) and their fans. Don Cherry is biggest hypocrite out there. His comments about the Bruins don't dive and then immediately giving Marchand a waiver because "he's a rat".

Its just idiotic. Stupifying. When Marchand calls out players for diving...

Don't get me wrong, everyone has a right to stupidity. The Bruins however exercise their right on a daily basis.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Not a big Julien fan (all coaches have an expiry date) nor did I like him going after Subban to the press so I completely understand you guys and where you are coming from.

Still, I've seen Chara lose balance or spin himself into the ice too many times to make the same assumptions that are being made here. If it was Marchand I would assume the worst.

He didn't go just after Subban. He claimed the whole team was embellishing. Which is rich seeing as there are clips floating about of Marchand, Thornton, Ference, Seguin and even your poorly balanced ripped giraffe taking obvious dives. When your coach, team and many of your fans stop making ridiculous accusations maybe then we'll start giving your ballerinas the benefit of the doubt.

FanHabtic*

the only time I've seen hockey players go down like that is when they skate onto the ice forgetting to remove their skate guards.

Or when they attempt a double axel on Battle of the Blades.

void

Jan 5, 2006

Everyone can make fun of Chara's terrible balance (which can be very bad at times --he's like a ripped giraffe out there) but if he spins out and loses his balance Vs. the Habs while getting tugged on, he is now a diver.

There is no way Eller pulled him down on his own, Chara tried a very sharp turn (for him) that he would have been lucky to pull off with nobody around.

257d2mh.jpg

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Thing is, that's not a reason either. We have seen Subban falls too many times as well. Yet, my Bruins friends will tell me that he embellished or dove EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have no doubt that players falls. No doubt that even a big player like Chara would fall. But the way he did? Sorry, it makes it look like he embellished. Did he really? Nobody will ever know but you know what...that's almost exactly the case for EVERY time we're calling, on our coach, for a dive or an embellishment. We are not there. We don't know for a fact. The head snapping becaues of a high stick...embellishment or just pure instant reaction? It's always about what we think.

Again, don't fault habs fans for being on his case. Fault your own coach, who, by the way, I think is great for you. But he crossed the line there. Keeps syaing that embellishment and diving isn't helping the referees' work yet...keeps whining and badmouthing them....He's not helping his cause.

Hockey is a sport so fast, that sometimes, you might need an embellishment to make it clear for referees who's more often than not won't call a penalty if it's not decisive towards a certain play. If Chara doesn't fall, there might be no penalty. Chara falls, here's the penalty. He doesn't remove the fact that Eller should have been penalized, you don't hold anybody's jersey like that. But based on Julien's comment...Chara laughed at the officials. Or so we think. And we mostly think it because of Julien's comments.

You're making too much sense, WS, and taking the spotlight from - dare I say it - my magnificent photoshop skills ;)

Speaking of which, here'an updated version of the balanced ripped giraffe 'shop, i.e. 'Dirty Diving - The Extended Cut' :D

DirtyDivingFINALPLUSPNG_zpsef0bc734.png

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You're making too much sense, WS, and taking the spotlight from - dare I say it - magnificent photoshop skills ;)

Speaking of which, here'an updated version of the balanced ripped giraffe 'shop, i.e. 'Dirty Diving - The Extended Cut' :D

Why did you shave his legs?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

I love these posts... just confirms what everyone here is saying about the B's. Nothing but excuses.

Wouldn't be a big deal except that Julien had to open his trap yell at other teams for diving as though his own team doesn't. Just makes me laugh.
This is what I see:

He feels Eller tugging his jersey so he lets go of his stick, swings that arm back, then kicked his back leg up to embellish the fall. Even aside from that, I have doubts that a 6'9'' bad balance ripped giraffe slipping on a sharp turn can break a fall so nicely without knowing it was about to fall.

For example:
24181.gif

If Thornton was really just falling, it wouldn't be nearly as soft as a landing as this was...
Like he was shot.

But yeah, the Bruins don't dive right?

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
I love these posts... just confirms what everyone here is saying about the B's. Nothing but excuses.

Wouldn't be a big deal except that Julien had to open his trap yell at other teams for diving as though his own team doesn't. Just makes me laugh.

Like he was shot.

But yeah, the Bruins don't dive right?

/thread

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

What makes Erik Karlsson better than PK Subban

Posted By Colt.45Orr

Karlsson is much better. Doesn't dive like a ***** either.

And how does Chara dive in comparison? Gracefully?

Last edited:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
So what are you saying? That the poorly balanced yet ripped giraffe has feminine legs?

You be the judge. I'm not going there. Most people avoid using the 'E' word.(Julien uses it all the time, though.) Me? I'm staying the heck away from an eventual appointment with the 'S' word :scared:

*** stanchion ***

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
What makes Erik Karlsson better than PK Subban

Posted By Colt.45Orr

Karlsson is much better. Doesn't dive like a ***** either.

And how does Chara dive in comparison? Gracefully?

gtfo colt. 45orr

tumblr_mkqgnzryK21r3gb3zo1_400.gif

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
You're making too much sense, WS, and taking the spotlight from - dare I say it - my magnificent photoshop skills ;)

You forgot PJ Stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad