Rumor: Habs wanted Riley Nash in 2007?

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
« C’est arrivé quelques fois qu’on se fasse ravir un joueur juste avant notre tour. Je me souviens notamment d’une équipe qui avait procédé à une autre transaction pour mettre la main sur le joueur que nous avions déjà inscrit dans l’ordinateur de la LNH pour confirmer notre sélection... », s’est rappelé le recruteur.

I looked up and since Timmins is with the Habs, 2007 is the only time a team traded up just 1 rank before us. They drafted Riley Nash while we went with Pacioretty 1 rank later.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I looked up and since Timmins is with the Habs, 2007 is the only time a team traded up just 1 rank before us. They drafted Riley Nash while we went with Pacioretty 1 rank later.

It's the only time in 10 years? or the only time for the 1st round? Because your quote doesnt specify which round it was.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
It's the only time in 10 years? or the only time for the 1st round? Because your quote doesnt specify which round it was.

Timmins said : We even had this player entered on the NHL's computer and we were ready to submit the pick. Makes me wonder if it is indeed not in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad