Eklund Rumor: Habs Want Doan Now

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
tumblr_inline_nf72g8nB3j1ss27h4.jpg

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
I know that this rumor need to happen every year, but come on. At this point, everyone should have realise that Doan is a Coyotes for life. He's one of the last loyal player, who will stay with a team even if this team keep on losing.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If Doan does get traded it will be because he wants to chase a cup, and the destination will be his choosing. I doubt he'll do so, but one never knows for certain.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Aren't Doan and price cousins? I actually thought I heard Doan to Montreal from a more legit source. But they said it's up to Doan. Maybe Friedman or LeBrun even

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Arturri Lekhonen - Alex Galchenyuk - Alex Radulov
Max Pacioretty - XXX - Brendan Gallagher
Andrew Shaw - Phillip Danault - Shane Doan
Paul Byron - Torrey Mitchell - Brian Flynn

Getting Plekanec and DD out and adding a #2 centre and Doan would be a very solid forward core.

Andrighetto + 3rd pick for Doan at 50% is all I would give Arizona though.

Doubt Arizona would move him for a package like that. Doan will land a 2nd+.

I think this is the year he'll be dealt. Once last chance at a cup before hanging them up.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Aren't Doan and price cousins? I actually thought I heard Doan to Montreal from a more legit source. But they said it's up to Doan. Maybe Friedman or LeBrun even

It gets rumored almost every year precisely because he's cousins with Price

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Has someone mentioned that Carey Price was Shane Doan's cousin? Yeah, breaking news : he is. Obviously it means they should play together right? Sure Doan is an expensive and almost finished RW while we're deep on that side. But we could witness the Price-Doan cousins actually play hockey on the same team! Count me in!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This trade rumour doesn't make sense at all...

Doan is 38. Got a family, a ranch in Arizona. Has an "history" with Montreal and its mayor Coderre...

Habs don't need another RW, anyway.

Yeah but ... he's Carey Price's cousin. :sarcasm:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Who cares what the Habs want? Obviously Doan for right now wants to stay in Arizona. Or he's wouldn't have resigned there. Once again Eklund is just spit balling names out there hoping that he might get one right.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Who cares what the Habs want? Obviously Doan for right now wants to stay in Arizona. Or he's wouldn't have resigned there. Once again Eklund is just spit balling names out there hoping that he might get one right.

Yes i'm sure the Habs are desperately looking for a 40 yr old over the hill player with a 5 mil$ cap hit.
Now the Sens on the other hand.:sarcasm:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yes i'm sure the Habs are desperately looking for a 40 yr old over the hill player with a 5 mil$ cap hit.
Now the Sens on the other hand.:sarcasm:

Pretty much my thinking as well, Why would the Habs want a 40 year old over the hill player. Pretty sure they could get some on younger that could help them further down the road then Doan.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Let's be honest here. Arizona is not going to be in the playoffs this season.
There is no reason he can't return there after the playoffs are over.
He is at the end of his contract, and likely career, and a single playoff series rental elsewhere to try for a Cup should not affect his life in Arizona.
I can see him seriously thinking this through. Not necessarily Montreal, but somewhere.
This could very well be his last chance to do it.
No long term commitment. Just 2016/17 season, no more.

Let's be honest. He didn't play his whole career with one team where he had a number of times he could have went elsewhere to do it right at the end of his career. It just not how he is built why is this so hard to understand for some people. He will retire a Yote.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Let's be honest. He didn't play his whole career with one team where he had a number of times he could have went elsewhere to do it right at the end of his career. It just not how he is built why is this so hard to understand for some people. He will retire a Yote.

He said, unaware of many players who did exactly that throughout history...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If he is a RW, it's a problem as we have shaw,radulov,Gallagher on right side

But I'm all for Shaw playing on fourth line

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think Doan is retiring after this season no matter what, so I could see him going to a contender for just this playoff series to try and get his Cup.
Personally, I'd like to see Doan lifting the Cup.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If he is a RW, it's a problem as we have shaw,radulov,Gallagher on right side

But I'm all for Shaw playing on fourth line

Shaw could also play 3C if Plek and DD are both moved. We've already had DD, Plekanec, Danault, and Mitchell there. Shaw might have also seen some time there now that I think about it.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
The Rangers looked to get him a few times I think during their deep playoff runs back when DM was in charge he wouldn't leave. My guess is he doesn't want to leave Arizona at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad