Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Seattle Kraken 10-26 10 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
They can’t score but they work. Habs better be ready to f***ing compete tomorrow. Seattle is built in goal and on D - even if grubauer sucked vs the Canucks

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We need 4 of the next 5 to somewhat erase the season start.

Kraken-Sharks-Kings-Ducks-Wings

Certainly doable.

Frankly, Kings, Ducks, Wings should be 3 wins, especially since Detroit will be without Bertuzzi again because he's a huge dumbass.

Kings D & goaltending is gawd awful.

We never win against Sharks so that's an auto loss.

Seattle is a toss up. Apparently, Weber is visiting with the team for 2 days while they're in Seattle. Hopefully, he gets them pumped.

Think we can go, 3-1-1. 7 points. It takes us to 4-6-1. Not great, but it's a start towards digging themselves out, and not being Arizona/Chicago level bad.

Might even pass the Leafs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Question?

Who's the faster team with better grit? Habs or Kraken? I feel the Habs struggle against teams with good systems and with speed/grit type players. We have a decent amount of shooters and lack offense on the back end but I feel our grit/speed mix is lacking.

We need to win more puck battles in the trenches and not having big bodies like Staal, Perry, Weber, and also Danault's 200' game speed in the line-up shows.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
On paper Habs are better but they were also better than BUF NYR SJS… also wi Wright on the line, do we really want MTL to win here ? ;) just kidding I don t want to tank but better have Wright than lose the 13 OA to ARI ;)

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Last game we played the SEALS was on (Source): March 19, 1976 Habs 4 Seals 1, March 19, 1976
Historical tidbit relating to the Seals (Source):
"On May 22, 1970, the Seals traded their pick in the first round of the 1971 NHL Amateur Draft to the Montreal Canadiens along with François Lacombe in return for Montreal's first round pick in the 1970 draft (Seals selected Chris Oddleifson), Ernie Hicke, and cash.[8] As a result of the Seals' dreadful season, the Canadiens had the top pick in the 1971 draft, and used it to select future Hall of Fame member Guy Lafleur. This transaction now ranks as one of the most one-sided deals in NHL history."

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Question?

Who's the faster team with better grit? Habs or Kraken? I feel the Habs struggle against teams with good systems and with speed/grit type players. We have a decent amount of shooters and lack offense on the back end but I feel our grit/speed mix is lacking.

We need to win more puck battles in the trenches and not having big bodies like Staal, Perry, Weber, and also Danault's 200' game speed in the line-up shows.
The Habs struggle vs any team that's a strong forechecking team...most of the Habs Dmen lack puck poise and panic when they go back to retrieve a dump in.

Looking forward to tonight's game though, need a big win to turn things around...or that win vs the Wings was completely meaningless.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
It would be a miracle if Niku ended up being a good dman. But it's happened before in the NHL that a cast off has rounded into form later in his career.

Yes, if we had even a 2nd defenseman with SOME offensive awareness, I would not bother. But, I think he just fits our team and needs well. There are 4 stay at home D's there to cover up defensively for him, and we need help offensively and on the power play. If Niku an provide that, its a win.

he got a very niche role, but so do our other D's

Reactions: 417

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Oh man, this schedule untill november 14th just looks “easy”.. except for vegas and islanders, feels like all the teams are expected bottom 10 teams.. if we don’t end this with a .500 .. we will be in a tough spot for what is coming up after the 14th.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yes, if we had even a 2nd defenseman with SOME offensive awareness, I would not bother. But, I think he just fits our team and needs well. There are 4 stay at home D's there to cover up defensively for him, and we need help offensively and on the power play. If Niku an provide that, its a win.

he got a very niche role, but so do our other D's
Agreed...but for some reason we can live with defensive defensmen who aren't flawless defensively but can't move the puck.

Yet we can't live with the opposite.

Like you said, he's got a niche role...so exploit it.

Reactions: abo9

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Oh man, this schedule untill november 14th just looks “easy”.. except for vegas and islanders, feels like all the teams are expected bottom 10 teams.. if we don’t end this with a .500 .. we will be in a tough spot for what is coming up after the 14th.

Vegas is overrated. They don't have a center line and their goalies are questionable.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Habs win tonight we are only 1 point behind the mighty leafs.

And? The Laffs are not in playoffs right now. Man this board ... You need at least 7 points to be in playoffs but that's because Boston played only 4 games. Realistically you need at least 8 points to be in.

Last edited:

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
predictions
Niku 2 assists and 1 goal
Caufield and Suzuki each with 1 goal
Hoffman 1 goal
Gallagher 1 assist 1 goal
Shutout for Allen
BOOM

Seattle is awful easy game for the Habs

Status