Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Soooooo do we go down 1 or 2 or 3 goals this time around?6 game streak of allowing the 1st goal.

Please keep Emelin away from the likes of Zuccarello and Hagelin. The image of Emelin being burnt by their speed during the playoffs time and time again is still painfully fresh in my mind.

Emelin has a step up from how he skated when he came back at the end of last season. It's the opposite, he will plaster them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't bother with Kreider, if we're going for the eye for an eye thing than someone has to take out Lundqvist.

Really wouldn't accomplish much though. I'd prefer to hurt them where it counts - on the scoreboard.

Who outside of a few internet users, are still espousing this? It was accidental, I doubt it even shows up on players' radar. It's non-history.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But as inevitably as car repairs or leaky pipes, Habs will suddenly have injuries, and guys like Sekac and Bournival will step in and step up. I just want to see Beaulieu become a permanent fixture, and I want Sekac to continue developing so he could become a permanent top-9 player.

Exactly this.

Don't mind the short-term irritant moves while the team is winning, even if not winning convincingly.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
On a scale of 1 to Zdeno Chara, how much will Kreider get booed?

SArwOOj.jpg

Totally expecting a loss for us btw. Price or no. *shrug*

Y'a des crisse de fous sur vos boards. Y'en a des droles aussi =P Bonne game boys.

Last edited by a moderator:

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I hope the Habs win by one on a late pp goal on a controversial call or a questionable called off goal for NYR. Keep the W's coming and the hate flowing.

Montreal Typical:yo:

firewagon77*

Montreal's prospects go wild on Friday night.....Daniel Audette 2 goals and 4 assists for Sherbrooke......Nikita Scherbak 2 goals for Everett......Michael McCarron 1 goal and 2 assists for London....Hamilton beats Toronto 4-1....Andrighetto 1 goal and 1 assist.....Tangradi 2 goals.

PricePkPatch*

I hope the Habs win by one on a late pp goal on a controversial call or a questionable called off goal for NYR. Keep the W's coming and the hate flowing.

Our next playoff motto should be "Montreal Typical".

I swear to you, it will stop being a thing people say on this board within 2 weeks. Especially if it becomes some sort of Pro-Montreal rallying slogan.

PricePkPatch*

Montreal's prospects go wild on Friday night.....Daniel Audette 2 goals and 4 assists for Sherbrooke......Nikita Scherbak 2 goals for Everett......Michael McCarron 1 goal and 2 assists for London....Hamilton beats Toronto 4-1....Andrighetto 1 goal and 1 assist.....Tangradi 2 goals.

Wtf. When did Beaulieu scored?!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nathan a +2, scored a goal and had 3 SOG. I was concerned when he was sent down TBH...I thought he would maybe pout but that has not been th case. He knows he is only 21 and cracking an NHL line up is not easy. Good to see him maturing.

PricePkPatch*

Nathan a +2, scored a goal and had 3 SOG. I was concerned when he was sent down TBH...I thought he would maybe pout but that has not been th case. He knows he is only 21 and cracking an NHL line up is not easy. Good to see him maturing.

He was probably told "you better.not sulk this time. We just want to see you play, and our lineup is a bit clogger. You will come back if you play your ass off and prove you have a beat established"

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

I swear to you, it will stop being a thing people say on this board within 2 weeks. Especially if it becomes some sort of Pro-Montreal rallying slogan.

Therrien should replace "NO EXCUSES" with "MONTREAL TYPICAL" :yo:

firewagon77*

Fucale allows 6 goals for Halifax in 9-6 win he is off to a rough start .889% save percentage and a 3.75 GAA,not that it matters....Patrick Roy was on a terrible ream in Granby his whole junior career with a 5.55 GAA in his last year,then he joined the Sherbrooke Canadiens when he was 19 and won the Calder Cup,the next year he won the Stanley Cup as a 20 year old and the Vezina trophy.

firewagon77*

Who has tickets for December 31st game at the Bell Center in Montreal...Team Canada Connor McDavid vs Team USA and Jack Eichel.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

You are now officially in charge of making this happen.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Who outside of a few internet users, are still espousing this? It was accidental, I doubt it even shows up on players' radar. It's non-history.

Will never believe that it was accidental. Was going all in and couldn't care less if he'd hurt the goalie. You do not go in a breakaway finishing your route on the goalie everytime. He was going to do whatever he could to hurt him. And it showed in his post-comment when the only thing he regretted was to not have scored.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Missing the game tonight. Actually, I'm missing a whole slew of games this week. I really hate the schedule so far this season.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Missing the game tonight. Actually, I'm missing a whole slew of games this week. I really hate the schedule so far this season.

Yeah, me too. I've got the DVR set and will watch the game after midnight or early tomorrow morning.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I would really rather see Sekac in the lineup over Weise. Weise with Bourque basically guarantees no offensive output from our 3rd line. Weise is a great energy guy who belongs on the fourth line. Anything more than that and we are greatly overestimating his abilities. Sekac has the ability to score goals in this league, and has chemistry with Eller. As long as we win I don't really care, but I do think both Weise and Bourque on a 3rd line will hurt us soon.

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario

Agree with the W's coming but strongly disagree with the hate flowing. Hatred is a distraction that serves no useful positive purpose IMO.

Youppi ki yay

Oct 3, 2011
NB
I would really rather see Sekac in the lineup over Weise. Weise with Bourque basically guarantees no offensive output from our 3rd line. Weise is a great energy guy who belongs on the fourth line. Anything more than that and we are greatly overestimating his abilities. Sekac has the ability to score goals in this league, and has chemistry with Eller. As long as we win I don't really care, but I do think both Weise and Bourque on a 3rd line will hurt us soon.

I'm predicting a Gordie Howe hat trick from Weise tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad