Proposal: Habs vs Kraken

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
You're right that he is a decent player. However, he also happens to be paid like like a top 3 NHL player for a long time. Keep adding in regards to the 1st round picks.
would you rather have Lekhonen or Chariot ,, or Price + a first round pick + a 3rd pick ?? be serious now

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
id expect some retained salary if you want that to work.
That wouldn't technically work if he's the expansion pick. That said, they would likely take a scrub, and Price would come in a trade.

That said, without retention, I don't see why Seattle would do this.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
would you rather have Lekhonen or Chariot ,, or Price + a first round pick + a 3rd pick ?? be serious now
Try adding about 3 more 1st round picks to move that fiasco of a contract.

Or just do what the Habs really will and just keep Price as your 1G for the next five+ years.

Reactions: Patagonia

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bad proposal is bad.
The habs arent trading their number 1 goalie and a first round pick just to get capspace back.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
No.
I don’t want the Kraken to start out with big names on excessively generous contracts whose play doesn’t warrant the hits.
Hungry players and younger guys stuck behind significant depth should be our focus.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
No.
I don’t want the Kraken to start out with big names on excessively generous contracts whose play doesn’t warrant the hits.
Hungry players and younger guys stuck behind significant depth should be our focus.
This is what I think The Kraken should and will do. But there are a ton of fans on here that think you guys are gonna save them by taking on their terrible contracts for mid to late firsts.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Unless there's a huge treasure box, with a lot of picks and prospects, coming Seattle's way there's just no chance we're going to take that contract.
I mean, Francis is being rumored to have asked for a first round pick, prospects and something else in order to stay away from players teams might want to add during the trading deadline.

Price is in his mid thirties and has five more years with a huge cap hit left on his contract while also not being anywhere near the top goalies(stats wise) during the last three to five years.

He can still get hot and steal you games in a playoff series, but you first have to get there and as an expansion team you need fantastic goaltending which Price hasn't offered(during the regular season) for quite some time.

Also, adding a contract like that gets you into cap hell real quick, even if you're an expansion team starting with $81.5 mil in cap space.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
this topic has been discussed several times and the only thing, which have been established, is a huge disconnect of how price is valued by the montreal fan base and the rest of the world. this won't get any closer this time.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad