Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Flyers Game 4. Note time 3:00 PM 15:00 hrs Eastern.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Don't forget tomorrow is an afternoon game. Must win, hope they're ready.

GO:habsGO
I think they'll be ready but I fear the Flyers will pull out a much better effort. I'm not feeling optimistic which may be a good thing when I recall how optimistic I was in 2010. :help:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I think they'll be ready but I fear the Flyers will pull out a much better effort. I'm not feeling optimistic which may be a good thing when I recall how optimistic I was in 2010. :help:
If I recall the poll we had, we were out in 5 or 6. They're just following the plan.:naughty:

Reactions: Rapala

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Would like to see some personnel changes for this one.

And a systemic response to Vigneault playing the trap or whatever you wanna call what it is he did last game.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Would like to see some personnel changes for this one.

And a systemic response to Vigneault playing the trap or whatever you wanna call what it is he did last game.

The forwards can't fly the zone when they clog up the middle. We have to out number them at the point of attack with crisp short accurate passes that will keep their big frames off our small ones.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
what changes are you thinking?

I didn't look into it but would like to hear suggestions.

I figured we couldn't afford to go in with the same lineup -- I mean, not even a goal, that's tough to stomach.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I didn't look into it but would like to hear suggestions.

I figured we couldn't afford to go in with the same lineup -- I mean, not even a goal, that's tough to stomach.
No one on D deserves to sit so in my estimation they are set.
Who on the black aces can we insert? Poehling? My opinion on Poehling is that he brings nothing at this point. Weise? No. Weal? No.
There are no options.

Switching the lines around probably could be considered. Putting Danault back with Tatar and Gallagher might be an option.

Suzuki with Lehkonen and Byron I would be ok with.

BLUF- highest paid forwards need to step up

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Who on the black aces can we insert? Poehling? My opinion on Poehling is that he brings nothing at this point. Weise? No. Weal? No.
There are no options.

Switching the lines around probably could be considered. Putting Danault back with Tatar and Gallagher might be an option.

This is all we really have and demote certain players who aren't cutting it. I really hoped Armia would have showed himself to be more than 4th liner but I'm not sure the guy has any adrenaline in his system.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are no options.

You have a point on the lack of options.

Aside from switching lines, can they use Price as a third D -- handling the puck more? Price has that ability but it seems to have been smothered under Julien. I mean, it wouldn't be enough on its own but added to other strategies, lineup shuffling, could help create new opportunities.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I said it last night, but the Habs are 2-0 in afternoon games and have outscored the other teams 7-0... probably something to it IMO.
Habs want to play 'fast', the better the ice, the more effective that strategy should be against the Flyers.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope we don't get stuck with Chris Lee again.

3hPuejr.jpg

Reactions: Adamcrazy3

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I’ve been working on-call and have only been able to catch half of a game so far (the 5-0 win in this series). Tomorrow I’ll finally get to watch a game beginning to end. Don’t f*** this up, boys.

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I said it last night, but the Habs are 2-0 in afternoon games and have outscored the other teams 7-0... probably something to it IMO.

I just wish the habs could have pulled out game 3. It reminded me of the afternoon game against pittsburgh where the habs closed the series 2-0. The game was there for the taking.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad