Proposal: HABS VS AVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Help us understand how an expansion-at-risk D, recently acquired for 2 2nds, should bring back 2 1st's, one being Caufield, who's early NHL returns validate his potential upside

Reactions: Burke the Legend

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Did you mean Makar?

Habs don’t have what it takes to get Makar. Also, the Avs aren’t giving up Toews for something they do not need. Caufield is an excellent piece and a fairer ask would be a one for one swap that had Byram going through other way. Still not a good trade for the Avs, but it’s closer in value.

Get out of here with the Makar ask, that’s just stupid.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Help us understand how an expansion-at-risk D, recently acquired for 2 2nds, should bring back 2 1st's, one being Caufield, who's early NHL returns validate his potential upside
How is he an expansion at risk D? He’s going to be protected and rightfully so. He’s a huge reason the Avs have the best defense in the league. You’re just willfully ignorant on Toews if that’s your take on him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Habs don’t have what it takes to get Makar. Also, the Avs aren’t giving up Toews for something they do not need. Caufield is an excellent piece and a fairer ask would be a one for one swap that had Byram going through other way. Still not a good trade for the Avs, but it’s closer in value.

Get out of here with the Makar ask, that’s just stupid.

I didnt ask for Makar,
my point was responding to the ridiculous return over-overpayment asked for Toews.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
How is he an expansion at risk D? He’s going to be protected and rightfully so. He’s a huge reason the Avs have the best defense in the league. You’re just willfully ignorant on Toews if that’s your take on him.
Wow! My point was only that he'd require protection. An undeniable fact.

Reactions: tgo0

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
so you responded by just being abrasive AND ignorant instead of just saying”no thanks”, got it
I aint the one being abrasive or ignorant.
I have no skin in this game.
The proposal is bizarrely unbalanced

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
"Thank you sir may I have another" Bergevin is able to mumble from behind his ball gag as the leather straps hold him tight bent over the barrel

Reactions: smirob

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Hell no from the Avs.
Thats really awful...

Toews has been an utter beast and (in part due to injuries) was used as the #1 all situations D for the team that is playing for the Presidents Trophy tonight...

Why would we throw that away for a very undersized winger (that should turn into a very good goalscorer ) we don't need and a late 1st?

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Habs fan see him as the next Ovy they wouldnt trade Caufield+ 1st for Makar or Rantanen or even Mackinnon

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Hell no from the Avs.
Thats really awful...

Toews has been an utter beast and (in part due to injuries) was used as the #1 all situations D for the team that is playing for the Presidents Trophy tonight...

Why would we throw that away for a very undersized winger (that should turn into a very good goalscorer ) we don't need and a late 1st?

While I agree it’s a terrible trade offer from the Habs POV, I’d say the same thing as an Avs fan! Heck no!

Reactions: McJedi

Ledge And Dairy

So you are choosing to expose Toews instead? Seattle thanks you for your generosity

Edit, ignore this i thought the post OP was trading Graves not Toews. Both teams respectfully decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad