Proposal: Habs vs Anaheim + Calgary + Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Sure doesn't.

It's not like Mang is 35. There's a 4 year gap and the older one is better.

I’m a Flames fan but the 21 year old center lighting up the playoffs with the draft pedigree has more value

Mangi is great and I wouldn’t even be surprised to see him put up 30/30 next year in an increased role but he just doesn’t have more value than Kotka right now. Even though he may be better right this second

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Habs : Joel Armia (resigned) + Ylonen
&
Calgary : Andrew Mangiapane

I'm not trying to start a war between the two fan bases (you seem to be pretty good at that), but what Calgary would want for Mangiapane is way more than you would be willing to part with. Sorry but do you believe that we don't know what we have in Mangiapane?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The OP is a bad trade for Calgary but don’t get carried away. Kotka has way more value than Mangiapane
Disagree profoundly. I value Mangiapane higher than anyone on the Flames roster except Lindholm. Higher than Tkachuk or Gaudreau.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I’m a Flames fan but the 21 year old center lighting up the playoffs with the draft pedigree has more value

Mangi is great and I wouldn’t even be surprised to see him put up 30/30 next year in an increased role but he just doesn’t have more value than Kotka right now. Even though he may be better right this second
May be better? It's not remotely close in any regard. I think he will be a 30/30 guy next year while playing on the shutdown line. I don't see a 5 goal guy in his third year being worth that regardless of draft pedigree.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Fancy stats do. Also look at some of his stick work on the pk. Even with the eye test this can be clear.
He is good but I guess my definition of elite is different. Like at least top 5 in the league and he is not

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I am fully prepared for a ton of lowball offers for Mangi. No need for flames fans to make counter offers that make us look equally dumb. All I’m going to say

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Anaheim has no interest in Drouin. Anaheim is building a very very young squad from here on out. Getzlaf is toast, I would say Rakell is toast same with Henrique and Silf. If teams are wanting to trade with Anaheim it needs to be worthwhile prospects under age of 24 and first round or second round 22/23’ picks.

Duck fans may say differently. But that’s really in Anaheims best interest

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He is good but I guess my definition of elite is different. Like at least top 5 in the league and he is not
Over the past 2 seasons guess what the fancy stats say? They say he is top 5 over that time period. Granted, he's played mostly with Backlund who is an elite defensive center.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The Mangiapane deal is horrendous for Calgary. Wow
Even our fans have no idea how good he already is. It's kind of shocking how underrated he is even in Calgary. People talk like he has less value than Monahan. Team Canada was a dumpster fire at the worlds. He's single handedly rescued that team.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
what would it take to land Mangiapane from the Habs ?
Did not think he was worth that much

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Anaheim has no interest in Drouin. Anaheim is building a very very young squad from here on out. Getzlaf is toast, I would say Rakell is toast same with Henrique and Silf. If teams are wanting to trade with Anaheim it needs to be worthwhile prospects under age of 24 and first round or second round 22/23’ picks.

Duck fans may say differently. But that’s really in Anaheims best interest
The only player who'd get back a 1st MAYBE in that list is Rakell... others aren't worth it

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Over the past 2 seasons guess what the fancy stats say? They say he is top 5 over that time period. Granted, he's played mostly with Backlund who is an elite defensive center.
Sorry, doesn’t pass the eye test to me. Mangi can not possibly be a defensive elite while falling down half the time. Besides this year, I don’t remember the flames shutting down any elite offense consistently anyway

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sorry, doesn’t pass the eye test to me. Mangi can not possibly be a defensive elite while falling down half the time. Besides this year, I don’t remember the flames shutting down any elite offense consistently anyway
I definitely see with my eyes what the numbers say. If you don't remember the Flames having good defensive forwards I question your judgment. Backlund and Lindholm get Selke votes for a reason. Tkachuk, Frolik and Mangiapane were/are all high end defensive wingers. The numbers say it, their coaches say it, my eyes say it.

If you want to question goaltending and the ability to generate offense (outside of Kipper years) I'm right there with you.

Mangiapane is one of the most effective 5 on 5 players in the league. He had the same amount of even strength goals as guys like Draisaitl, Huberdeau and Ovechkin. More than Pastrnak and Stone who are both elite 5 on 5 wingers. Only Pastrnak, Marchand, and Stone gave up fewer high danger scoring chances per minute for top 6 wingers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Pollock

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
what would it take to land Mangiapane from the Habs ?
Did not think he was worth that much
You wouldn't like the answer from me. The players aren't ones you'd want to part with. Mangiapane and Lindholm are the two guys I wouldn't be trading from the Flames. Possibly add Hanifin to that if he does what he did this year again next year.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
How about instead of Montreal you try to get these 3 players to Calgary? It seems Mangiapane is the least-moveable of the bunch.

Calgary trades Monahan (separate deal) to free up 2C spot and $$
Calgary trades ??? to Anaheim for Henrique
Calgary trades ??? to Ottawa for Brown (possibly Monahan involved in this)

From Ottawa's PoV they wouldn't be trading Brown for futures. It would need to be a hockey trade that make them better (hence the Monahan suggestion).

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
How about instead of Montreal you try to get these 3 players to Calgary? It seems Mangiapane is the least-moveable of the bunch.

Calgary trades Monahan (separate deal) to free up 2C spot and $$
Calgary trades ??? to Anaheim for Henrique
Calgary trades ??? to Ottawa for Brown (possibly Monahan involved in this)

From Ottawa's PoV they wouldn't be trading Brown for futures. It would need to be a hockey trade that make them better (hence the Monahan suggestion).
I'd definitely move Monahan. Just not sure what his value is. I mean he scores outside of this season and wins you face-offs. Not sure what else he really brings to the table. If I could get a late 1st for him he'd be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad