Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Next Up:
:panthers

Please keep it to hockey talk and not tank talk (we have a thread for the pro-tankers).

I am very interested to see us play another elite team, as last time out against the Panthers we looked competitive, which is all you can ask of this team. But now we go to Miami to play the Panthers.

What do you want to see from the Habs?

What's your prediction for the game?

Allez les Habs!

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Personally, I think we'll lose this one by an ugly score line. We looked tired and slow at the end of the Devils game, and so this long flight against a top team is likely to not be very fun to watch.

First off, hope for no injuries.

Secondly, would like to see Ylönen play a bit more, as he showed some really good things against the Devils.

Like I said, I think we'll be in trouble, which will make some of our 'fans' happy. If we keep it close I'd be happy as a lark, but I think the NHL has taken notice that we aren't an easy pushover as we were under DD, so I think Panthers are likely to take full advantage of our tired legs and thin defense.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Team was tired last game, but I think they'll have a bit more energy with time off in between. They'll be fresh legs swapped into the lineup probably. Of course, we're playing the Panthers so I doubt it makes a difference to the end result. But perhaps a more entertaining game is upon us.

Some thoughts:
-Hoffman baffles me because I yo-yo between liking him and not. While he's here, we need to make the most of that great release. We should start stacking the PP and having him and Caufield across from one another and make the PKers choose lol.
-I wonder if Allen playing so well will lead to him being dealt in the off-season. He's an asset but his contract is also very affordable, and there's overpayment potential if teams get in a bidding war
-We have some interesting Cs in the lineup now, but none to me look like a true 2C to pair with Suzuki in the top6. Dvorak looks great as a #3. He's quietly showing his value.
-Evans is also playing like a #3, and with Pezz and some others in the pipeline the bottom6 is taken care of. I wouldn't be surprised if a 2C is brought in to support Suzuki and insulate the other Cs from playing above their station.

Reactions: FloJack

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Team was tired last game, but I think they'll have a bit more energy with time off in between. They'll be fresh legs swapped into the lineup probably. Of course, we're playing the Panthers so I doubt it makes a difference to the end result. But perhaps a more entertaining game is upon us.

Some thoughts:
-Hoffman baffles me because I yo-yo between liking him and not. While he's here, we need to make the most of that great release. We should start stacking the PP and having him and Caufield across from one another and make the PKers choose lol.
-I wonder if Allen playing so well will lead to him being dealt in the off-season. He's an asset but his contract is also very affordable, and there's overpayment potential if teams get in a bidding war
-We have some interesting Cs in the lineup now, but none to me look like a true 2C to pair with Suzuki in the top6. Dvorak looks great as a #3. He's quietly showing his value.
-Evans is also playing like a #3, and with Pezz and some others in the pipeline the bottom6 is taken care of. I wouldn't be surprised if a 2C is brought in to support Suzuki and insulate the other Cs from playing above their station.
I think before we trade Allen they need to figure out Carey Price.

Reactions: Habssince89

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Just got to say, whoever made this schedule is an idiot…

You got the Habs flying all the way south to Miami, then back north east for Raleigh, then south west to Tampa. I mean, we’re already in Florida…

On the plus side, I guess everyone can rack up those reward points.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
If Allen plays it'll be a 2-3 goal difference. If Shortside plays, Allen will finish that game and it'll be a 5-6 goal difference.

Reactions: Forum93

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Next Up:
:panthers

Please keep it to hockey talk and not tank talk (we have a thread for the pro-tankers).

QMT in the very next post: "Like I said, I think we'll be in trouble, which will make some of our 'fans' happy."

rPLpyat.jpg

:sarcasm:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
QMT request doesn't apply to anyone else, apparently. 🤣

To be fair, it's been tried before but posters can't help themselves.
I can't make decisions about what people can, or can't say.

And saying that one of the last place teams in the league will lose to the best, is not exactly a hot take there.

It seems you are looking for things that aren't there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Never said tank, though, just spoke facts.
Your opening post literally says "Please keep it to hockey talk and not tank talk ....:

Your post that followed the above, said: "Like I said, I think we'll be in trouble, which will make some of our 'fans' happy."

I wonder why being in trouble would make those particular fans "happy" -- why would they want the Habs to be in trouble if not for the benefits of finishing low in the standings? That's tank talk and you engaged in it yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't make decisions about what people can, or can't say.

And saying that one of the last place teams in the league will lose to the best, is not exactly a hot take there.

It seems you are looking for things that aren't there.
No one is asking you to do anything. It was just an attempt at levity.

After you said "no tank talk", there was a poster who wrote "Time to lose another game..." If that's not tank talk, what is?

I merely used contradictions that were already in the thread. Nothing more than a good natured barb was meant by it.

Reactions: sandviper

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Your opening post literally says "Please keep it to hockey talk and not tank talk ....:

Your post that followed the above, said: "Like I said, I think we'll be in trouble, which will make some of our 'fans' happy."

I wonder why being in trouble would make those particular fans "happy" -- why would they want the Habs to be in trouble if not for the benefits of finishing low in the standings? That's tank talk and you engaged in it yourself.

No one is asking you to do anything. It was just an attempt at levity.

After you said "no tank talk", there was a poster who wrote "Time to lose another game..." If that's not tank talk, what is?

I merely used contradictions that were already in the thread. Nothing more than a good natured barb was meant by it.
I am just not sure what you're trying to do here? I reminded people to not talk about the Tank (which has been stated in other threads), and then mentioned how some fans how this is a difficult game because Panthers are a great team and it's a long flight for us after playing a difficult back-to-back, and said that some people will be happy about it....

But instead of just talking about the game, you appear to try and be some ref as to these rules set forth by the admins instead of adding anything of note. Yes, you brought out contradictions you saw, but added nothing, so I'm just not sure if you're bored, but I was merely just trying to talk about the game.

Now, about the game.

Is Baron playing in this game?

I've seen Pezz projected as a starter again.

Thoughts on Laggesson after his rough start but improved finish...is he getting a start in south Florida?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
BIG TEST for sure

like seeing the young D playing out there... great to see the experience
Definitely a good time to do that, with a sizable number of meaningless games left to the season.

It'll also give MSL a head start for next year in being able to assess the new players and then see how they've progressed at training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad