Proposal: Habs-Van blockbuster

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I am a montreal fan who posted this because I believe we'd have the best team in the league. Maybe the picks are too much, what if we take em out?

I don't think any habs fan can deny the fact we'd have a better team on the ice.

Henrik>>Plekanec
Edler>>>Beaulieu
Patch>>Daniel

We are far from being the best team. So many holes on this team dont get me started. At most, we are among the Elites, but that would be due to Price until proven otherwise.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
This guy always expects the Habs to massively overpay for every proposal. Damn, why you the habs so much?? Tell me, whens the last time the Habs offered an overpay or at least good value in a trade since the hiring of MB?? Pacs alone would get both sedins and some of edler.
You think patches is seriously worth the Sedins and some of edler then the rest of your posts in here actually start to make sense with how much you overvalueing your teams players. I am a outsider with knowledge of both teams having watched the Canucks while living part time in Vancouver and watching habs players when all the talk last year with maybe trading Hartnell there or swapping picks.

The Sedins are paid a ton of money and travel as a pair so that is a negative. But retaining 50% makes that a wash. Edler is a top pair D that would be your 2 behind Weber and is a extreme upgrade over Beaulieu who is IMO at best a 5. He might play 2nd pairing minutes but in all of the games I ever seen of him he's not a top 4. He's still youngish and could grow but I don't think he is going to hit near where you guys hoped he would. Pleks leaving for Henrik works out better for you. Patches hurts some because he is a 30 goal scorer but D. Sedin is a 30g guy too. He might be your current captain but how often do your fans blame him for the test faults? He is referred to by a lot of habs fans as the worst captain in the league for Pete's sake. There should not be 2 picks going to VAN but the 1st is reasonable. The point that of this trade would be to win now. The pick would be late 20s. You get a long term better D. You lose Pleks who is leaving after this year which you said good riddance already so that doesn't hurt at all.

That makes it:
Negatives:
-lose Patches who has scored 30 goals and has produced points over a regular season consistently.
Neutral:
-Take on Sedins cap hits although at 50% it's a 2 for 1 and they will be consistent point producers and players another 2 years. 7 mil for 2 sedins is fair price.
Positives:
-Greatly improves 2nd line
-Improves your D substantially
-Do not lower quality of play at any posistion (Daniel= Patches, Hank>Pleks, Eldler>>>Beaulieu)
-The 1st you give up is out of the lottery which worst case scenario if the cup run fails doesn't hurt your prospect pool
-Finally adds experience and improves a chance to win a cup which should be your goal. This move does nothing long term but is in MTL favor short term.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You think patches is seriously worth the Sedins and some of edler then the rest of your posts in here actually start to make sense with how much you overvalueing your teams players. I am a outsider with knowledge of both teams having watched the Canucks while living part time in Vancouver and watching habs players when all the talk last year with maybe trading Hartnell there or swapping picks.

The Sedins are paid a ton of money and travel as a pair so that is a negative. But retaining 50% makes that a wash. Edler is a top pair D that would be your 2 behind Weber and is a extreme upgrade over Beaulieu who is IMO at best a 5. He might play 2nd pairing minutes but in all of the games I ever seen of him he's not a top 4. He's still youngish and could grow but I don't think he is going to hit near where you guys hoped he would. Pleks leaving for Henrik works out better for you. Patches hurts some because he is a 30 goal scorer but D. Sedin is a 30g guy too. He might be your current captain but how often do your fans blame him for the test faults? He is referred to by a lot of habs fans as the worst captain in the league for Pete's sake. There should not be 2 picks going to VAN but the 1st is reasonable. The point that of this trade would be to win now. The pick would be late 20s. You get a long term better D. You lose Pleks who is leaving after this year which you said good riddance already so that doesn't hurt at all.

That makes it:
Negatives:
-lose Patches who has scored 30 goals and has produced points over a regular season consistently.
Neutral:
-Take on Sedins cap hits although at 50% it's a 2 for 1 and they will be consistent point producers and players another 2 years. 7 mil for 2 sedins is fair price.
Positives:
-Do not lower quality of play at any posistion (Daniel= Patches, Hank>Pleks, Eldler>>>Beaulieu)
-The 1st you give up is out of the lottery which worst case scenario if the cup run fails doesn't hurt your prospect pool
-Finally adds experience and improves a chance to win a cup which should be your goal. This move does nothing long term but is in MTL favor short term.

The simple fact both sedins make 14M at 36 yo is a no no from me. Pacs with his contract is worth more than both. He's just 27.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What's worth more a cup and 2 36 year Olds making 3.5mil a year or patches at 27 and the status quo?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What's worth more a cup and 2 36 year Olds making 3.5mil a year or patches at 27 and the status quo?

The addition of the Sedins, minus the subtraction of Pacs does not guarantee a Cup. LMAO:laugh:
Btw the Sedins are making 7M each not both tgtr.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I said 50% retained in the deal I was saying. And I'm not saying guaranteed but do you think patches alone gives you a better chance then the Sedins? Even at 36 the guys don't ever take games off and play hard both ways. Heart alone I go Sedins and I am a bigger Patches fan then most non habs fans because I follow USA hockey and tend to favor American players because of how underrated the get compared to Canadian players.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I'd do a heavy prospect / pick trade with some dumps coming the other way. Seeing as Montreal has several 2nds plus both their firsts in the next two years.

Sadly I doubt it happens.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Please remember your cup run is predicated on ufa radulov, and ufa plekz, dd etc.

The op's proposal is a hail mary to connect the best team in the league THIS year.

Outside of your first which has little value you're giving up nothing long term...yes I value Nathan that low. One could argue losing patches and his contract allows you to resign radulov...

It essentially gives you a free play...go all in

I don't see why beaulieu is valued so low

He got 20 pts playing 60 games and no pp last season averaging 12 minutes a game at 22 years old

He won't win the Norris but he could easily Be a 40 -45 pt dman with pp time him and some futures for an upgrade to win now but no need to trade a 27yo LW that is 8th in goals the last 6 years combined in the entire league for two 38 year old players with tips two years left and on the way down

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Dank and Hank at 40% at the TDL

For

McCarron, Juulsen, Mtl 2017-1st, and DD (cash dump) + 2019 2nd if Mtl wins the cup either year

- The trade kills the NMC
- Vancouver takes approx. 8 million over 2 years
- Mtl gets 2 runs at the cup with the Sedins
- No way Vegas takes a Sedin for 1 year

Hey, it was a start.......let your people talk to my people........

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

That makes it:
Negatives:
Neutral:
Positives:

you're clearly going to need to watch the habs more. beaulieu is still young and he's not a top 4 right now as he continues to develop. he's playing behind guys like Petry and Markov (who with managed minutes is still a quality d man-tied for 9th in points for ALL dmen) Habs don't need sedins even at 7 million and Edler. We can discuss a deal around Edler but he's not a necessity, nor are the sedins. Bergevin has continously said he wants to keep habs perennial contender..they'd like to upgrade top 6 C with a younger player

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
don't think this is a deal to be made now.

Have seen in the past that too many moving players can be a detriment to a team. I think MTL should continue on the year maybe make a few tweaks at the deadline if they fall short again after the expansion draft would be the time to pull the trigger on this deal.

sedins 50% for Plekanec Juulsen Mete 1st.

Mtl only takes on extra million in salary. Canucks don't get a "WOW" prospect but get 3 solid pieces for the future with the possibility of flipping Plekanec aswell.

Canucks would have lots of pieces on the back end in Stetcher, Tryamkin, juolevi, Juulsen, mete, brisebois, Neill and subban

next draft they can go forward heavy and start to stockpile there where it is very thin.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

For

McCarron, Juulsen, Mtl 2017-1st, and DD (cash dump) + 2019 2nd if Mtl wins the cup either year

absolutely NO WAY you get habs best forward prospect, 2nd best d prospect AND equivalent of another 1st for a year or two of the sedins who are 36. not. a. chance.
can we kill this thread? Bergevin would NEVER make this trade. period

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
don't think this is a deal to be made now.

Have seen in the past that too many moving players can be a detriment to a team. I think MTL should continue on the year maybe make a few tweaks at the deadline if they fall short again after the expansion draft would be the time to pull the trigger on this deal.

sedins 50% for Plekanec Juulsen Mete 1st.

Mtl only takes on extra million in salary. Canucks don't get a "WOW" prospect but get 3 solid pieces for the future with the possibility of flipping Plekanec aswell.

Canucks would have lots of pieces on the back end in Stetcher, Tryamkin, juolevi, Juulsen, mete, brisebois, Neill and subban

next draft they can go forward heavy and start to stockpile there where it is very thin.

again I repeat,if you watch the way Bergevin makes trades he doesn't give up assets like this. it's not going to happen. We don't need the Sedins. We don't want the Sedins. We don't want even 7 million of their cap hit. We're going to have markov, desharnais and soon enough plekanec off the books and will need to pay price, radulov, galchenyuk and eventually pacioretty. We don't make this deal. This thread reads more like wishful thinking on the part of Nucks fans. Deal the sedins elsewhere

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

For

You can't kill a NMC. The players keep even if they waive for the trade. It can only be killed if traded before it kicks in.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If the Canucks can flip Plekanec(I doubt Benning is even capable of doing something like that) to someone else for a pick or prospect and the Sedins are cool with Montreal(I would be shocked if they get traded this year), there's definitely some sense to this for both teams.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If the Canucks can flip Plekanec(I doubt Benning is even capable of doing something like that) to someone else for a pick or prospect and the Sedins are cool with Montreal(I would be shocked if they get traded this year), there's definitely some sense to this for both teams.

As a Canucks fan I'd be okay with it, but I doubt the Habs would be.

racoon

Dec 10, 2014
Name me one team who could target both sedins in a time wise matter with their age and contract. There is none. Habs are the perfect fit for them, plus they have the ressources to make it happen. Count on the twins to waive their NTC to get a cup here, it's a no brainer for em. With Gallagher they'd be absolute dynamite.

Let's not forget edler, who will solidify our defence squat for years to come, also a great option to take markov's LD spot when he retires.

On Montréal perspective, it's a win now stand. Top 3 1-2 punch in the east, best D and best goalie in the league. What's not to love?

The idea is finding a good value for both side to make it happen.
Let's say Van cuts 50% on the twins. Difference is 1M more then plekanec ... who prefers Plex to both sedins?? Beaulieu for edler is 4more million cap hit, so we need more cap dump.

Could there be a way to get this done without giving patch away?

Something like Plekanec, Beaulieu, 1st, second and mccarron/julseen? B prospect?Van would have to take desharnais as a cap dump, then trade away Plex as a rental. How is the value for nucks fans?

Because as a habs fan.... i'd be stoked af.

Patch-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Sedin-Sedin-Gallagher

Edler-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Price

Plan the parade...

Last edited:

racoon

Dec 10, 2014
Just with that line you give yourself away...

Anywho raccoon is spelt with 2 c's and just FYI it's pronounced ray-ken. :naughty:

Already said I'm a habs fan who wants to stack the team before our window close. With that kind of move, we fulfill our 1st pairing and our entire second line. All under the cap. Can anyone claim we are not a better team with these 3 on board?

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Already said I'm a habs fan who wants to stack the team before our window close. With that kind of move, we fulfill our 1st pairing and our entire second line. All under the cap. Can anyone claim we are not a better team with these 3 on board?

The objective is to build a competitive team, year in, year out. You're not helping.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Name me one team who could target both sedins in a time wise matter with their age and contract. There is none. Habs are the perfect fit for them, plus they have the ressources to make it happen. Count on the twins to waive their NTC to get a cup here, it's a no brainer for em. With Gallagher they'd be absolute dynamite.

Let's not forget edler, who will solidify our defence squat for years to come, also a great option to take markov's LD spot when he retires.

On Montréal perspective, it's a win now stand. Top 3 1-2 punch in the east, best D and best goalie in the league. What's not to love?

The idea is finding a good value for both side to make it happen.
Let's say Van cuts 50% on the twins. Difference is 1M more then plekanec ... who prefers Plex to both sedins?? Beaulieu for edler is 4more million cap hit, so we need more cap dump.

Could there be a way to get this done without giving patch away?

Something like Plekanec, Beaulieu, 1st, second and mccarron/julseen? B prospect?Van would have to take desharnais as a cap dump, then trade away Plex as a rental. How is the value for nucks fans?

Because as a habs fan.... i'd be stoked af.

Patch-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Sedin-Sedin-Gallagher

Edler-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Price

Plan the parade...

Dont EVER again make a proposal including Juulsen.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I don't see why beaulieu is valued so low

He got 20 pts playing 60 games and no pp last season averaging 12 minutes a game at 22 years old

He won't win the Norris but he could easily Be a 40 -45 pt dman with pp time him and some futures for an upgrade to win now but no need to trade a 27yo LW that is 8th in goals the last 6 years combined in the entire league for two 38 year old players with tips two years left and on the way down

Not interested in guys who beat up kids with their dad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad