Henrik Sedin (1.5M retained)
Daniel Sedin (1.5M retained)
Alex Edler

Vancouver :

Max Pac
Tomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu
1st+2nd if habs make final

Habs go all in for the next 2 years with a supreme 1-2 punch. Aging Sedins against second pairs would still be effective, plus it's a perfect fit for Gallagher's game. Edler garanties a solid first pair till 2019 with Captain Weber.

Vancouver gets a great scoring LH on a friendly contract for 3 years minimum, an aging but still effective center in Plekanec, who's essential for the cap situation but can be traded for futures later. They can also finally start the youth transition with the picks and a young top 4D with size and speed.

IMO most teams can't afford the Sedins last 2 years for the asking price, who needs a new 14M second line? For the habs it makes perfect sense timing wise, they need a second line and they'd be over the top until price gets paid. They have to waive desharnais or cap dump someone somewhere to make it work this year.

Edit***

Since patch and the picks are irritable to habs fans, here is an alternative:

Plekanec, Beaulieu, 1st, second, mccarron/Juulsen, maybe another prospect?

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
In what world does Mtl give up its 27 yr old captain for two aging and slowing players? The fact the habs are adding two high picks is a laughing one.
Realistically, no contending teams are gonna offer the Canucks some core pieces. They will just get the norm; a first, a prospect and some decent roster players. Thats all, nothing more. Unless they wait it out for the off-season.

racoon

Dec 10, 2014
In what world does Mtl give up its 27 yr old captain for two aging and slowing players? The fact the habs are adding two high picks is a laughing one.
Realistically, no contending teams are gonna offer the Canucks some core pieces. They will just get the norm; a first, a prospect and some decent roster players. Thats all, nothing more. Unless they wait it out for the off-season.

Gotta give salary to take the twins on your team... and not only cap dump, we're talking about 14M. I agree maybe the picks are too much, that's why I'm asking you guys.

BTW I'm a habs fan too, and a 2ND line of Sedin-Sedin-Gallagher line is championship level.

Then you have Edler-Weber, emelin-petry and Markov-Pateryn on the 3rd paring.

Last edited:

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Montreal :

Alex Edler

Vancouver :

Max Pac
Tomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu
1st+2nd round pick 2017

Habs go all in for the next 2 years with a supreme 1-2 punch. Aging Sedins against second pairs would still be effective, plus it's a perfect fit for Gallagher's game. Edler garanties a solid first pair till 2019 with Captain Weber.

Vancouver gets a great scoring LH on a friendly contract for 3 years minimum, an aging but still effective center in Plekanec, who's essential for the cap situation but can be traded for futures later. They can also finally start the youth transition with the picks and a young top 4D with size and speed.

IMO most teams can't afford the Sedins last 2 years for the asking price, who needs a new 14M second line? For the habs it makes perfect sense timing wise, they need a second line and they'd be over the top until price gets paid. They have to waive desharnais or cap dump someone somewhere to make it work this year.

Fair or not?

How many threads are there going to be about trading the Sedin Twins to the Habs??

That said... I would give up Plekanec + DD + good prospect + 1st 2017 for both Sedins (4m retained total).

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I think it's good value and cap off setting for montreal...nuck's could get more for each individual piece however so I see no reason for then to do this....

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Gotta give salary to take the twins on your team... and not only cap dump, we're talking about 14M. I agree maybe the picks are too much, that's why I'm asking you guys.

BTW I'm a habs fan too, and a 2ND line of Sedin-Sedin-Gallagher line is championship level.

Then you have Edler-Weber, emelin-petry and Markov-Pateryn on the 3rd paring.

The inclusion of Pacs is an overkill. Plz remember the Sedin's are 37.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think it's good value and cap off setting for montreal...nuck's could get more for each individual piece however so I see no reason for then to do this....

Yeah it sure is good value for Divisional Rivals:laugh::laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Please remember your cup run is predicated on ufa radulov, and ufa plekz, dd etc.

The op's proposal is a hail mary to connect the best team in the league THIS year.

Outside of your first which has little value you're giving up nothing long term...yes I value Nathan that low. One could argue losing patches and his contract allows you to resign radulov...

It essentially gives you a free play...go all in

racoon

Dec 10, 2014

They're still good for 2years in limited roles, 100% sure they'd out produce plekanec/patch in a long playoff run. Plus don't forget edler, he's the missing piece for montreal's defence and much better than Beaulieu right now.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Please remember your cup run is predicated on ufa radulov, and ufa plekz, dd etc.

The op's proposal is a hail mary to connect the best team in the league THIS year.

Outside of your first which has little value you're giving up nothing long term...yes I value Nathan that low. One could argue losing patches and his contract allows you to resign radulov...

Damn how little you know about the Habs :help:
UFA Pleks, DD you say?? I say Woooohooooo. Im happy as ****. Finally they will be gone. Plek's money goes to Rads and we're all happy. DD's money goes to Shipacyov.
But what do you know?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
They're still good for 2years in limited roles, 100% sure they'd out produce plekanec/patch in a long playoff run. Plus don't forget edler, he's the missing piece for montreal's defence and much better than Beaulieu right now.

100% Patch will outproduce the twins. Plek?? I couldnt give a rat's ass if Vancouver takes him. Hell, they could have him for free for all i know.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016

:laugh: Good one! Watch some games before making such assumptions.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I'd do it just so I can see the Sedins hoist the cup :')

And I think Sedins would most certainly waive their NMC in order to do so as well. This could be their last chance to do so.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah I'd probably do it, so they can win. Patches makes up for the Edler inclusion, otherwise it's lopsided. Three NMC clauses on our side though. Don't worry about fan reaction in Vancouver, worry about convincing our whole old guard to leave the only NHL team they've ever played for.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
NMC... hmmm, and then who do the Canadiens protect in the Expansion Draft? Hint, start with the two Sedins and Petry and go from there.

The Sedins are untradeable until after the Expansion draft,

They would have to waive their NMC to be traded to Habs first. By waiving it, they no longer have NMC. If they wish to have NMC with the Habs in order to accept the trade, I would protect:

D. Sedin
H. Sedin
Galchenyuk
Radulov
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Danault (maybe Byron/Shaw instead depending how all their season goes)

Weber
Petry
Beaulieu/Emelin (still debating)

Price

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Montreal :

Alex Edler

Vancouver :

Max Pac
Tomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu

Fair or not?

Habs kill themselves by doing this deal. If the habs go all in it is prospects and picks..Not their core

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
They would have to waive their NMC to be traded to Habs first. By waiving it, they no longer have NMC. If they wish to have NMC with the Habs in order to accept the trade, I would protect:

D. Sedin
H. Sedin
Galchenyuk
Radulov
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Danault (maybe Byron/Shaw instead depending how all their season goes)

Weber
Petry
Beaulieu/Emelin (still debating)

Price

I actually removed that post realizing that, in that trade, the Canadiens are moving quite a few players they would want to protect anyways. In your list above you include Pacioretty and Beaulieu but they are gone in the trade.

I believe you are wrong about the NMC, here is an excerpt from Cap Friendly...

What is a No-Move Clause (NMC)?
A No-Move Clause (NMC) can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:
  • Player cannot be traded without his consent (however, the clause can specify a modified no-trade clause that limits the NTC to a certain number of teams)
  • Player cannot be placed on waivers without his consent
  • Player cannot be assigned to the minors without his consent
  • Player is not exempt from a buyout or contract termination
  • The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    ---This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    ---If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal :

Alex Edler

Vancouver :

Max Pac
Tomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu

Fair or not?

Just terrible for the Habs. They get older and worst at the same time.:shakehead

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I actually removed that post realizing that, in that trade, the Canadiens are moving quite a few players they would want to protect anyways. In your list above you include Pacioretty and Beaulieu but they are gone in the trade.

I believe you are wrong about the NMC, here is an excerpt from Cap Friendly...

What is a No-Move Clause (NMC)?
A No-Move Clause (NMC) can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:
  • Player cannot be traded without his consent (however, the clause can specify a modified no-trade clause that limits the NTC to a certain number of teams)
  • Player cannot be placed on waivers without his consent
  • Player cannot be assigned to the minors without his consent
  • Player is not exempt from a buyout or contract termination
  • The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    ---This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    ---If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause

Re-read my post about NMC... In your post, it pretty much repeats what I said... Also in my previous post I said I would move Plekanec + DD + good prospect + 1st 2017 for both Sedins (4m retained total). I would never in a million years move Pacioretty for the Sedins lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad