Pre-Game Talk: Habs v Flames

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Big time test for the team here mentally. Calgary will have desperation in their game so we need to match it and be the hungrier team.

Mete I assume is drawing in so while its not the D core we see posters draw up, it has its strengths. Lots of mobility could help upkeep the offence in the short term until (hopefully) an upgrade comes at the deadline.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
With two games in less than 24 hours, sleep-reducing travel and a Calgary Flames team looking to respond after hiring a new coach all the ingredients of a frustrating loss are there.

I hope that our team's fate tonight doesn't end up being predictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyJunkie87

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Ducharme should ready the team for a tough night as the Flames will try to goon it up early, so let Calgary take stupid penalties and just play the same way they played last night...stay disciplined, hit hard and clean, and force the Flames to adjust their game...this is a winnable series if they play the smart way...and keep Romanov with Weber, ffs...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If they goon it up, let's make em pay on the PP.

Even without Ben, this team has plenty of people that can muck it up, maybe its time? Anderson, Edmundson, Webs...this team has sandpaper, CJ just refused to let them use it.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

Chiarot on his way back to Montreal for further evaluation.

I'd rather see Ouellet than Mete tonight to be honest. That might not be popular here but it makes more sense. If Chiarot broke his hand, he'll be out a while. Maybe this prompts a trade? I still say sign Schueneman and see what he can do. The guy has been solid for Laval. Or Leskinen.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Even without Ben, this team has plenty of people that can muck it up, maybe its time? Anderson, Edmundson, Webs...this team has sandpaper, CJ just refused to let them use it.
Perhaps he didn’t want them breaking their hands in a primitive display of manliness.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Still no GDT?

Who is in goal for the Flames... I don't even who their other goalie is... Rittich and...?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Markstrom's coming off a couple of stinkers, so the Habs need to get to him early and often; keep Gallagher & Perry in his grill and get in his head...if the Habs can pot an early one, I think the win handily...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Markstrom's coming off a couple of stinkers, so the Habs need to get to him early and often; keep Gallagher & Perry in his grill and get in his head...if the Habs can pot an early one, I think the win handily...

They definitely need to get goals early. Because I think the 2nd period and more particularly the 3rd, the fatigue will show.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I gave them a pass tonight.....doesn't happen often.
Would be thrill to just get one point out of this one.

But hey....have fun, open up the game and see what happens.
Terrible schedule on this one for the Habs.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The next 2 games are really important. Calgary winning twice in regular makes us in a 5 team race
Habs winning 1 game makes it a good breath
Habs winning both games pretty much lock up the 4 teams who are gonna make playoffs.

No excuse tonight we need everybody to give their 100%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad