Post-Game Talk: Habs Unceremoniously Torched -- Blanked by LAK 3-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's always like this. It's more fun for people because they can gloat about being right and they can complain, as if we didn't know the team would be below average.

I KNEW it, they exclaim!

Well, so did everyone else

Campbell stopped all equivalent scoring chances. He was the better goalie, Price wasn't.

Letting in a goal on a stoppable shot, first shot of the game after the team comes out and spends 5 minutes in the offensive zone is deflating.

It's only deflating when you know that, as a group, a single goal is enough to beat you. Its the mark of a bottom feeder.

Jul 6, 2016
Potential SC contenders, TB Lightnings lost 4-1 to Vancouver on home ice.... And SC Finalists Vegas lost again... No drama there ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
On board with this except I want them to showcase some of the vets who we can trade for assets at the deadline.

Byron and Petry are trending well and are proven assets. They don't need much showcase cause NHL GM would love to add assets like this... especially for a cup run. They have term left too so they both have very good trade value. We should be able to get 1st round picks and more from each of them.

Shaw and Tatar need to be showcased I agree. They need a bit of rebound before NHL GM's give to get. Hard to gauge their value until they produce in a solid sample size.

Schlemko is a depth defenseman. Were not getting a huge return but I'm assuming a 4th round pick is reasonable.

Reactions: habsfan909

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Byron and Petry are trending well and are proven assets. They don't need much showcase cause NHL GM would love to add assets like this... especially for a cup run. They have term left too so they both have very good trade value. We should be able to get 1st round picks and more from each of them.

Shaw and Tatar need to be showcased I agree. They need a bit of rebound before NHL GM's give to get. Hard to gauge their value until they produce in a solid sample size.

Schlemko is a depth defenseman. Were not getting a huge return but I'm assuming a 4th round pick is reasonable.
MB isn't going to trade Byron... he doesn't really fit with the rebuild but MB still thinks we are a playoff team so he will keep him. Honestly I'm barely following the Habs this year... Not because they suck just MB and GM have ruined it and turned me off the team for a while.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
That's freaking revisionist history. Almost everyone on this board were screaming from the rooftops that MB hit the ball out of the park with that trade.
Err...no...I mean, yes, a lot of us were very happy about getting Drouin, including me...but, not of trading Sergachev for him. Felt we lucked out in the draft and finally got our replacement for Markov. Then we traded him for a winger who we may 'try' to convert to a C? No, I certainly was not happy about it at all! Hoped that MB knew what he was doing but in general was very pissed. Albeit, by that time, most of my anger had already been let out after the Subban trade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's only deflating when you know that, as a group, a single goal is enough to beat you. Its the mark of a bottom feeder.

I believe most of us accept the shortcomings of being in a rebuild situation and especially as the lineup is currently constituted, we're not going to see a lot of wins nor goals scored. However, as long as there is effort and entertainment, it'll make the season palatable enough to bear watching. Next summer can't come soon enough, however.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Err...no...I mean, yes, a lot of us were very happy about getting Drouin, including me...but, not of trading Sergachev for him. Felt we lucked out in the draft and finally got our replacement for Markov. Then we traded him for a winger who we may 'try' to convert to a C? No, I certainly was not happy about it at all! Hoped that MB knew what he was doing but in general was very pissed. Albeit, by that time, most of my anger had already been let out after the Subban trade.
Well, you didn't post your thoughts on this site. It felt real lonely at the time expressing a dislike for the trade. There was me, WTK and a couple of other regulars who weren't on board with the trade.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MB isn't going to trade Byron... he doesn't really fit with the rebuild but MB still thinks we are a playoff team so he will keep him. Honestly I'm barely following the Habs this year... Not because they suck just MB and GM have ruined it and turned me off the team for a while.

Oh I know Bergevin is not willing to go that far in a rebuild. I'm just saying what I would do and prefer us to do.

Reactions: habsfan909

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, you didn't post your thoughts on this site. It felt real lonely at the time expressing a dislike for the trade. There was me, WTK and a couple of other regulars who weren't on board with the trade.

Correct, there were not many against the trade at first. The general feeling was positive. My wild guess is 90/10 in support. Then people got upset that we lost Radulov and the story changed more and more as the season started and we saw Drouin struggle to produce what he did in Tampa.

I was on the positive side. I watch the Mooseheads and I am a Drouin fan cause I know what he is capable of. It's just frustrating he has not been able to translate his offensive production in Junior to the NHL yet. There is still time yet

As far as Sergachev. It was a very steep price to pay. I valued Sergachev more than most on our boards before the trade. I still have the same value for him but I'm not willing to peg him as a for sure top pairing guy yet. I would say he is a safe top 4D though. I do find it funny they don't have him playing top 4D and with McDonagh.

If Drouin ends up being a good top 6 forward and Sergachev turns into a top pairing guy, we lose big time but nobody can predict the future. Drouin is what... 3 years older? Both player need maturity but time is running out on Drouin more than Sergachev.

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It's only deflating when you know that, as a group, a single goal is enough to beat you. Its the mark of a bottom feeder.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to see it as a mark of a young team that faced a good team with alot of experience, they will learn from it

If some where fast to tell others ''it's only 2 games dont get too excited''....rightfully so, same apply here, it's only a 1 game losing streak....dont get to excited

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Isn't that what most here want them to be?

Bottom feeders?

I'm not the one complaining about it. In fact, I said that this is the kind of team I can get behind if there's a real sustained effort at rebuilding.

Reactions: 417

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Exactly what I talked about at 5 AM this morning and it is why they lost, you won't score many goals on NHL level goalies from that distance. Some people look at the stat sheet but it rarely tells the whole story about a game. The Kings were committed to beating the habs with the same formula that has beaten us for years. Keep our small guys on the wall and away from the slot and we are an easy victory.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
When I see Drouin I think Yakupov.

I see some posters mentioning Drouin played better. Yeah, he raised his game from a level I've got no adjective for to the level of putrid.

Now that I got that off my chest this team needs Deslauriers & Weber asap.

For the next game I would dress Scherbak, DLR, Plek and Alzner. I would sit Drouin (but we all know that won't happen). Peca and Hudon need to sit and Ouellet. After his 9 games Kotkaniemi needs to go down. He is not ready. But something tells me they're going to keep him.
If coconut isn’t ready no one is. Send them all to Finland!!!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
As i wrote earlier, half the team last night who scored the first goal didn't win the game......i guess they are special and Habs are not.
Koiptar was the best center
Kovalchuk the best winger
Doughty the best defenseman

But if you can only evaluate goaltender in a 13 players hockey games, that's your limitation, not mine.
I won't bring me down to your level that's for sure

"I won't bring me down to your level" might be the most condescending post I've heard yet, especially after a compeltely fabricated interpretation of my post.

I'm not even sure your post made sense!

Are you insinuating Price isn't solely responsible? Yeah, no goals were scored. I think that's obvious.

No shit Andrei I thought the whole summer's worth of complaining was referring to the team being bad, they are rebuilding.

That doesn't really change anything about the fact the ten million dollar goalie was beaten by a second string tender, and had less scoring chances to deal with.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While I do appreciate the new system and faster play I see a team with no finishers, no size and very limited talent.

Drouin has been a total non factor in 3 straight games, does not mesh with any linemates.

Kotkaniemi is the most complete forward we have and he has 9 months before he turns 19.

Peca anyone?

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I think people have to get into their effing heads that this team is not a playoff team, it is a bottom feeder, no matter what. This season is a huge training camp of 82 games to get our young players to adapt to the NHL and to themselves as a team, to be ready for next season, with even more promising young players. Once you see things like that, you start looking at the positives and do less useless complaining.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
6 mins on 4th line LW isn’t exactly a fair audition for an offensive minded guy. But after four games, you’re right, you knew it. Let’s get you a job with the club.
:skeptic:
So now basic opinions (all of us are arm chair GM’s btw) is ridiculed? Ignore button

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This is how the season will go. Habs had a good effort but couldn't finish and lost the game. Price didn't really play bad, I would like the 1st goal back and it did shift the momentum but the team needed to fire back and couldn't.

As long as the guys skate hard and play fast hockey it will be ok, just this is a tank year so we should expect more losses than wins.

Megaforce

Drouin was the sharpest Hab. Loads of skill and some nice passes.

That disallowed goal was highly annoying. First it's not a goal, then it's a goal, then it's not a goal.

Waste of about nine minutes. Goalie wasn't even in his crease. Not that it matters much but it wrecked the little fun there was of watching it.

League needs to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad