Confirmed with Link: Habs traded Brandon Baddock for Andrew Hammond

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sens fan just really happy for Hammond and Habs fans getting a winning streak.

there’s something magic about the Hamburglar and I’m happy he’s shown that in Montreal. It’s not a coincidence they got on a winning streak when he arrived, it’s how the Hamburglar story goes

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sens fan just really happy for Hammond and Habs fans getting a winning streak.

there’s something magic about the Hamburglar and I’m happy he’s shown that in Montreal. It’s not a coincidence they got on a winning streak when he arrived, it’s how the Hamburglar story goes

Thanks for the kind words...

Without knowing Hammond well, how does he have such lows after such high moments and periods?

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Cobra

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Impressed with the Habsburgler so far. He's making the most of his opportunity to prove himself and stay in the show. Both Monty and Hammond are hungry and have something to prove.

Knowing the m.j as market for goalies we probably can't, but if we could get a 1st for Jake Allen whenever he gets healthy, and similarly a package of futures for Price, if he ever gets healthy...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thanks for the kind words...

Without knowing Hammond well, how does he have such lows after such moments and periods?

He was made to bring light to franchises in their lowest moments. It’s just the story he’s supposed to tell. He gave Ottawa the greatest thrill the franchise has ever had and that playoff series lose vs Habs for Sens fans was bitter sweet, but it was a great ride. Same now for Habs fans, from the hiring of St Louis to now I get the sense there’s optimism in Montreal and the start of building something special. Hammond just kinda there to provide an early spark, he’s not meant to carry franchises he’s literally the Santa Clause of hockey

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
He was made to bring light to franchises in their lowest moments. It’s just the story he’s supposed to tell. He gave Ottawa the greatest thrill the franchise has ever had and that playoff series lose vs Habs for Sens fans was bitter sweet, but it was a great ride. Same now for Habs fans, from the hiring of St Louis to now I get the sense there’s optimism in Montreal and the start of building something special. Hammond just kinda there to provide an early spark, he’s not meant to carry franchises he’s literally the Santa Clause of hockey

watch Hamburglar lead the Habs to the Cup in 2024

Hamburglar stats tracker

GPGSWLTOTSAGAGAASV%SOMIN
2021-2022220005931.44.9490125
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Habs Goal Differential: - 75

i look forward to the number above being closer to ZERO by the end of the season, possibly even in the + side of things.

Last edited:

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
watch Hamburglar lead the Habs to the Cup in 2024

Hamburglar stats tracker

GPGSWLTOTSAGAGAASV%SOMIN
2021-2022220005931.44.9490125
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
They would first need to trade Price for that to have a chance of him goaltending the Habs in the playoffs.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
We have gotten to see some legends in the past few years like Kovalchuk, Perry, Staal and Weber, we now have a goalie in the late stages of his career with a higher career save % than Hasek, Brodeur, Roy, Luongo, Dryden etc.

In all seriousness, he'd be a great guy to keep around for Laval next year as he seems like a well liked guy. He'd be a solid veteran to have around Primeau and it would let us keep Primeau in the AHL all year instead of bouncing him up and down.

phil4433

Mar 1, 2022
Impressed with the Habsburgler so far. He's making the most of his opportunity to prove himself and stay in the show. Both Monty and Hammond are hungry and have something to prove.

Price is not around to take us out of contention for the #1OA pick,

So looks like Hammond will fill in to do that job nicely :laugh: :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Price claims he wants to play this season. :)

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Makes you wonder why he had to wait so long for another opportunity.

The year after his miracle run he went -7-11-4 with Ottawa but still has a respectable 2.65 Gaa and .914 save %

The next year (2017-18) he was sent to Colorado in the Matt D trade. he played 1 reg season game in Col a loss but only gave up 2 goals with a .939 sav % Had brutal numbers in 6 appearances in ottawa before the trade but most of them he came in in relief- only 2 starts
Then he had to play 3 playoff games for Col due to injury. They lost the series but he had a .933 sav% in those 3 games.

Career in NHL he is .924 save %
Have to admire his dedication to keep toughing it out in the AHL that long.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o

He's played really well so far. If Price retires I could see an Allen, Monty and Hammond splitting the duties in net until one of the kids from Laval is ready to make the jump.

Makes you wonder why he had to wait so long for another opportunity.

The year after his miracle run he went -7-11-4 with Ottawa but still has a respectable 2.65 Gaa and .914 save %

The next year (2017-18) he was sent to Colorado in the Matt D trade. he played 1 reg season game in Col a loss but only gave up 2 goals with a .939 sav % Had brutal numbers in 6 appearances in ottawa before the trade but most of them he came in in relief- only 2 starts
Then he had to play 3 playoff games for Col due to injury. They lost the series but he had a .933 sav% in those 3 games.

Career in NHL he is .924 save %
Have to admire his dedication to keep toughing it out in the AHL that long.

Yeah it's a really good story. He's payed his dues and worked his way back to the show. Though I don't know why it took so long for another team to give him a chance like you said. I'm glad they acquired him cause he's not a bad goalie at all.

phil4433

Mar 1, 2022
He's played really well so far. If Price retires I could see an Allen, Monty and Hammond splitting the duties in net until one of the kids from Laval is ready to make the jump.

why bother getting hammond though?

what is Hammond doing for the team that Monty and/or Allen can not do?

phil4433

Mar 1, 2022
Allen have been injured for 2 months already, that's why they got Hammond.

So what is Hammond going to do for the team as opposed to Monty or Primeau?

Are we trying to make the playoffs with Hammond? :huh:

Hammond comes in and wins a few more games, and decreases the chances of a better draft pick, so whats the point though?

Why not just pickup Dell for free on waivers?

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o

Hammond comes in and wins a few more games, and decreases the chances of a better draft pick, so whats the point though?

He's a stop gap solution to back up Monty since Primeau was getting shelled every game and not ready for the NHL. Primeau may never be an NHL goalie and I bet that poor kid's confidence was shot to hell.

Reactions: CDN24

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
It's more like, you don't have a logical answer, or reason for it, that's why you can't answer the question

No because you make dump point... That's why.

Primeau doesn't belong in the NHL right now, he need to develop, everybody knows that except you and Marc Bergevin.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

As many have said Primeau was getting shelled and it was hurting his development so they needed a goalie who could start some games behind Monty. Why not Dell for free? The 50 contract limit. a waiver pickup puts them at 49. Assuming they want to sign Harris when the NCAA season over that is 50. No flexibility. Any deadline moves may require taking back a expiring contract - they wanted to keep a slot open.

Reactions: Pickles

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Any chance we can change this into an Andrew Hammond Player Discussion on the title? Every time I see this thread bumped to the top because of new posts, I get confused that the Habs made another trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad