News Article: Habs Ticket Prices Rank 6th in NHL

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
lol +200$ for a regular season hockey game

supply, i'd like you to meet my friend demand.

for comparison this is still cheaper than the average ticket for a one direction stadium show this summer ( not that I have any firsthand knowledge).

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm going to see the Habs in Chicago in December; couldn't believe how expensive tickets were! Good mid-level seats (equivalent to Club Desjardins at the Bell) were over $400 each, including all the 'extras' when you order from a resale site. It took some serious rationalization to justify spending that amount for one frikking hockey game. That's quite a bit more than similar seats at the Bell Centre.

I'm seeing the Habs in Boston next month. Tickets cost about $180 each... these were the cheapest available, too.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Wow, with all those duckets the Laffs spend, it must be frustrating not having a good team in the last 10 years and more. You'd think that they could hire competent management and draft well.

It probably has the opposite effect IMO. Their corporate support is is sky high, so those expensive seats are always handsomely paid for, and I'm sure the luxury suites are the same story.

Its a cash cow that is irrelevant to whether the on ice product is good or poor. I think its bound to lead into complacency, if nothing else.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm seeing the Habs in Boston next month. Tickets cost about $180 each... these were the cheapest available, too.

Wow -- pretty steep! Are you going to wear your Habs jersey? If so, I'm very curious what reaction you get. Since those were the cheapest seats I assume you're sitting higher up, which puts you in the company of the ... um... heavier drinking crowd.

I've never had a problem in the approx six or seven arenas I've visited, but I'd think twice about wearing my colours in Boston and Philly.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That reminds me, I should go back to Florida for the Habs' Christmas trip.

This is the first year in about five years I'm missing it. Nice arena, but very bush-league atmosphere. They act like the thousands of paying customers from Montreal are an annoyance. Dallas pokes fun at fans in visiting jerseys in a playful, clever way. Florida acts like a petulant eight-year-old.

Cheap seats though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad