Post-Game Talk: Habs Steamroll Wings 7-3 -- Pleky with 1000th NHL game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I question your knowledge on Tatar when you compare him to Benn. Were talking about a top 6 forward vs a bottom pairing Dman. Terrible example you give here. Got any more?

Aside from 7 pts in 5 game with 3 goals, what don't you like about him? Do you think his stats are good cause Danault and Gallagher are making him look good? Are you even watching the games? If you were, you would notice that Tatar has driven puck possession and has earned his spot on our top line.
He's been good, sure. But without 11 I don't see him having the success he has. To me Gallagher is driving that line by doing what Gallagher always does, drive the net. His second last night is a good example, although the set up for gallagher's goal was good.

Tatar has been a pleasant surprise, and complements both dano and Gallagher but I do not see him driving that line.

When the line goes into a funk ( it will) it won't be because Gallagher isn't still getting his nose dirty.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
have you not seen that guy claiming Petry is the worst dman on this team yesterday? that guy needs to chill

that's some people, not you you're like my bff forever now chill

I agree with the Petry comment if that was made. BFF forever now? I think you need to chill ;) It's a joke :)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's been good, sure. But without 11 I don't see him having the success he has. To me Gallagher is driving that line by doing what Gallagher always does, drive the net. His second last night is a good example, although the set up for gallagher's goal was good.

Tatar has been a pleasant surprise, and complements both dano and Gallagher but I do not see him driving that line.

When the line goes into a funk ( it will) it won't be because Gallagher isn't still getting his nose dirty.

Player success comes down to a lot of different circumstances. I'm not going to deny the Gallagher effect but don't you agree that Tatar has driven puck possesion on that line and he complements Danault and Gallagher very well?

I don't think the issue here is what Tatar is worth on his own. The conversations are about how he looks on our top line and the production he is putting up. He is more than pulling his own weight on that line IMO. Both Gallagher and Tatar have 3 goals but Gallagher has one assist while Tatar has 4. Arguably Tatar is the one helping Gallagher more than Gallagher is helping Tatar. Danault has 3 assists.

How is Tatar getting 3 goals while Danault has 3 assists and Gallagher has 1? This is about line chemistry and Tatar has found his spot and he is more than pulling his own weight

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
In Saad's case it's more likely that i'll need a heart transplant, and i really dont get the hate Shaw's getting, i mean apart the fact that he is prone to injuries the guy is always working his butt off everytime his on the ice, if you can get a good return for him...fine, but to the point of just getting rid of him....really dont get it

The Shaw hate stems from the fact Bergevin overpaid for him in a trade and subsequently overpaid for him on his contract.

He's a fine bottom six player, but at his price tag he's a luxury we don't really need.

On top of the contract, the price we trade for him being potentially being Debrincat + Girard pisses a lot of people.

member 300185

Let's revisit your post in a month or two. sigh
And then if the Habs are top 5, then what will you say? Will you say some of us were right while most of you were wrong?

Man, some Habs fans are super negative, even with facts staring them in the face. 3 weeks ago people we're saying the Habs would be 0-5 in the first 5. Playing above 500 was not even a thought for most of you. I predict the Habs will continue to be top 10. Then, Weber gets back in December.

Try to get behind your team you guys. You are not tanking, you are not getting Hughes, but you might in fact, make the playoffs. Making the playoffs is not good some of you will say. But your young guys getting that experience is invaluable.

Reactions: Draft

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
And then if the Habs are top 5.

A month or two. The rest is inconsequential, and you ommit a lot.

You talk about facts, yet forget a lot of things to include.

I'm not negative, I'm realistic. And being realistic can also mean being positive, but right now is waaaaay to early to tell, especially considering the opposition we've went up against.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

member 300185

He probably would have been wide awake if he were watching a Leafs game. :sarcasm:
I was wide awake. Then, about an hour after the game I got sleepy while watching the Habs. Woke up and watched it.

Whats wrong with that? Oh, forgot, you watch the Leafs first then watch your team last. Do you know what time the Leafs game was over in the Maritimes? 1030.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You’re focusing on the 1 bad game vs 4 good ones......we all know it won’t sustain but can we just enjoy this!!!

It’ll be tough enough to deal with when the losing starts, don’t know why we have to make ourselves miserable when we win
It's not a sprint, it's a marathon............82 games...people are getting too high on 5 games played.

I always look at 20 game segments. I do like what I see, but am being very cautious in our results at this point. Definitely not miserable.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
And then if the Habs are top 5, then what will you say? Will you say some of us were right while most of you were wrong?

Man, some Habs fans are super negative, even with facts staring them in the face. 3 weeks ago people we're saying the Habs would be 0-5 in the first 5. Playing above 500 was not even a thought for most of you. I predict the Habs will continue to be top 10. Then, Weber gets back in December.

Try to get behind your team you guys. You are not tanking, you are not getting Hughes, but you might in fact, make the playoffs. Making the playoffs is not good some of you will say. But your young guys getting that experience is invaluable.
That goes for all teams and not just the Habs. Most of us are in fact enjoying watching this incredibly fast team. Our sights are not set too high but I'm sure most of us don't mind a loss if they put the kind of effort they have in every game so far.

member 300185

That goes for all teams and not just the Habs. Most of us are in fact enjoying watching this incredibly fast team. Our sights are not set too high but I'm sure most of us don't mind a loss if they put the kind of effort they have in every game so far.
I can only see the team getting better, like the rest of the league like you mentioned. But I cant see this current Habs team slowing down. The players have been told the team sucks all summer long, I think they have a chip on their shoulder and are proving a lot of people wrong. I may be wrong, they may go into a slump or two, then claw there way out of it, but I think they will continue to improve and continue playing well. there is not 1 game I thought they didnt play well in.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I can only see the team getting better, like the rest of the league like you mentioned. But I cant see this current Habs team slowing down. The players have been told the team sucks all summer long, I think they have a chip on their shoulder and are proving a lot of people wrong. I may be wrong, they may go into a slump or two, then claw there way out of it, but I think they will continue to improve and continue playing well. there is not 1 game I thought they didnt play well in.
Yeah Im sure the players are extra motivated this year and like we saw with Vegas, sometimes that can go a long way. The NHL is all about youth these days and the roster reflects that. I think Bergevin may have saved his job with all the great moves he's made this year including coaching changes.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Why not. I never thought they'd have such a good start. Enjoy the ride.
You and me bro....like you said, enjoy it, for now it’s fire wagon hockey, up and down the ice, counter attack with speed and the desire to try, I’m entertained which is a lot more then what we could say last year.

In due time, other teams will start catching up and we will fall back to where we are suppose to be.....this year is about being entertained, next year......about the playoffs

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The D is not getting enough love. For a team that was supposed to have a horrible D and with no Weber they have been pretty good, managing to outshoot our opponents each game and no blow outs yet. Haven't let in more than 3.

I will give props to Xavier even though he is the new whipping boy. He is not a top 4, but he is a solid 5/6 guy that fits in the new NHL. 5 years ago he would of been replaced by a 6'4 guy who can hit and bash faces and thats it. But the game has changed.

He can skate, can pass, and importantly he shot usually actually gets through on net.

Juulsen and Mete for youngsters have done a great job, and Petry with all his brain farts has 5 points now in 5 games. He is not a number 1, but he is a solid 2nd pairing guy.

Reilly has probably been our best D and biggest revelation.

And I give props to CJ or MB that have scratched Alzner putting the team in front of pride/salary.

Now add in Weber to this D instead of Benn and we might be talking here.(and BTW I think Benn has been decent within his limitations and is one of the few guys who brings some physicality).

member 300185

Yeah Im sure the players are extra motivated this year and like we saw with Vegas, sometimes that can go a long way. The NHL is all about youth these days and the roster reflects that. I think Bergevin may have saved his job with all the great moves he's made this year including coaching changes.
Agreed. Its been a rough go with Bergevin, but I am willing to let bygones be bygones if this club turns itself around. Having a strong Leaf and Habs team is only good for the league.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm all for tanking and getting a great player in the next draft to help us long term, but man...this team is fun and it's nice winning games after last year's debacle. I know it's hurting our chances to finish really low in the standings, but I still root for us to win. I don't know how to feel anymore.

Reactions: Rozz

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's not a sprint, it's a marathon............82 games...people are getting too high on 5 games played.

I always look at 20 game segments. I do like what I see, but am being very cautious in our results at this point. Definitely not miserable.
My initial words were for you, the rest I was just babbling away lol

I agree, 20 games is a pretty good measuring stick, I’m just enjoying what I’m seeing even though deep down I want us to finish bottom 5 :)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
My initial words were for you, the rest I was just babbling away lol

I agree, 20 games is a pretty good measuring stick, I’m just enjoying what I’m seeing even though deep down I want us to finish bottom 5 :)
I am not sure we will finish bottom five, but also we are not likely to make the playoffs, and so we are stuck, again...what to do, and how to get there...MB is not the right guy, at all, and if we miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in four years, surely Money Mol$on will finally do the right thing.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The D is not getting enough love. For a team that was supposed to have a horrible D and with no Weber they have been pretty good, managing to outshoot our opponents each game and no blow outs yet. Haven't let in more than 3.

I will give props to Xavier even though he is the new whipping boy. He is not a top 4, but he is a solid 5/6 guy that fits in the new NHL. 5 years ago he would of been replaced by a 6'4 guy who can hit and bash faces and thats it. But the game has changed.

He can skate, can pass, and importantly he shot usually actually gets through on net.

Juulsen and Mete for youngsters have done a great job, and Petry with all his brain farts has 5 points now in 5 games. He is not a number 1, but he is a solid 2nd pairing guy.

Reilly has probably been our best D and biggest revelation.

And I give props to CJ or MB that have scratched Alzner putting the team in front of pride/salary.

Now add in Weber to this D instead of Benn and we might be talking here.(and BTW I think Benn has been decent within his limitations and is one of the few guys who brings some physicality).

Xavier was pretty bad the Los Angeles game, then he bounced back and played very solid the last two. It is a nice change from the past few years when any younger D had a rough game, they'd sit out the next like 2 weeks.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Xavier was pretty bad the Los Angeles game, then he bounced back and played very solid the last two. It is a nice change from the past few years when any younger D had a rough game, they'd sit out the next like 2 weeks.

I tuned out the LA game after 2-0 so I cant comment, but the rest of the games he has been solid. Not exceptional just a solid 5/6 guy. I don't see top 4 potential in him, but as a bottom pairing guy he brings what you need in the new NHL.

What I like the most about him though is HIS SHOT GETS THROUGH. Maybe its not the best shot, but if its getting on net something can possibly happen.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
then you need to chill have you seen Benn and Ouellet play, it's like watching bantam

everyone just needs to chill

tomorrow can't come soon enough
Are you gonna give them some credit for once if they win tomorrow? Or you will just find another team and keep the narrative go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad