GDT: Habs @ Stars II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Stop blaming Therrien for playing Desharnais - if you can't trust a veteran centre to take ANY defensive-zone faceoffs, ever, then he's a bad ****ing centreman.

Like I've been saying for YEARS now. Desharnais is not an NHL centreman.

who do you blame DD for sucking, that is why they signed Malhotra for crying out loud

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Therrien has to go.

This team is going no where with him. It's pretty clear.

It's funny how almost every team save for only a few look more cohesive then MTL.

What decisions has he made that actually work?

He has best faceoff man in the league and he puts DD out there in the defensive. Under a minute to go last nite, DD out there.

Beyond baffling. Thee guy is just not a good coach

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
As long as MB doesn't do something stupid.

Boston did something INSANELY stupid with Seguin. :help:

MB isn't [dumb], he won't trade Galchenyuk only because Therrien won't play him at center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
3-0 after two periods. How much longer do we have to wait for relief at the coaching position...??

My feeling is that we have the talent, but the coaching staff is not getting the results that it should.

Mind you, is there anybody else even available that's worth making the change for..??

Meh, what do I know. I just can't shake the feeling that they ought to be doing better.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't even understand the logic of putting DD out there at that point. 7 seconds left. Just win the FO and get it out. You won't get a scoring opportunity. :shakehead

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Giving up that 3rd goal will likely mean nothing since the Habs can't even score even 1 goal against the worst defensive team in the NHL.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Stop blaming Therrien for playing Desharnais - if you can't trust a veteran centre to take ANY defensive-zone faceoffs, ever, then he's a bad ****ing centreman.

Like I've been saying for YEARS now. Desharnais is not an NHL centreman.

Desharnais is not holding a gun to MT's head to put him on the ice.
Malhotra is a better faceoff man, he should be taking that FO.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Well if we don't use MM on face offs late in periods and games we should put him on waivers...
Cause he sure as hell won't score a goal.

To be fair, MM has more 5 on 5 goals than our number 1 C in the last 50 games.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i ****ing hate therrien, coach oaf, but he isn't getting fired. he just signed a 3 year contract AND they won't do anything to overshadow the beliveau memorials this week

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully Therrien pulls Price. This game is a typical Habs blowout loss written...no point having Price in net.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
3-0 after two periods. How much longer do we have to wait for relief at the coaching position...??

My feeling is that we have the talent, but the coaching staff is not getting the results that it should.

Mind you, is there anybody else even available that's worth making the change for..??

Meh, what do I know. I just can't shake the feeling that they ought to be doing better.

Bergevin deserves blame for significantly weakening the D

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Therrien has to go.

This team is going no where with him. It's pretty clear.

It's funny how almost every team save for only a few look more cohesive then MTL.

What decisions has he made that actually work?

He has best faceoff man in the league and he puts DD out there in the defensive. Under a minute to go last nite, DD out there.

Beyond baffling. Thee guy is just not a good coach

And every team is developing young talent...what do we do...send them to the minors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad