Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Trevor Letowski - Assistant Coach

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yes. He was a terrible coach. Kept rolling the same lines over and over again.
Players didn’t like him and he didn’t change his strategy throughout games. Frustrating to watch.
A common complaint from every fan, in every fanbase.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Windsor fan here; I come in peace lol

Here's what you'll get with Letowski...

- Personable. He's a legit good guy, though very quiet. You can ask him stuff and he'll give the best answer he can without revealing too much. I've never had an issue talking to him.

- Inconsistent systems. When he first came to Windsor, he was very defensive-oriented. The players had their creativity stifled and they weren't thrilled about it. In Sept 2019, he openly said he was changing systems to allow for creative juices to flow. It worked; the team did very, very well. The hockey was fun, everyone loved coming to the rink, and optimism was sky high. However, as soon as they hit a rut in Jan 2020, he went back to his old ways and the team fell flat. It was disappointing and we wondered what would have happened if he stuck to the plan.

- A veterans coach. In the OHL, this has pros and cons. He loved playing the older, experienced guys, but it often came at the expense of a younger talent. This created issues and it wasn't fun to watch unfold. There were a few young talents that should have exploded with points in their sophomore season but went flat, or even regressed, and we had to look at the coaches for that (though, players were partially at fault).

Overall, he's been with Team Canada, the OHL, and now the Canadiens. The talent is certainly there, as long as he doesn't overthink it and sticks to what works. He's a good guy so hopefully he can fit into the Habs' system and flourish.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hearing great things about Letowski. And they coached together so the chemistry is there. Great news. Should calm down a little the ''let's take the best candidate possible'' posse...:D

I’m from near Windsor and I can tell you that Letowski does not have many fans in this area. I know a lot of Spitfires fans and they were not a fan of his at all. Hell, just reading a few posts on the Spitfires thread on HF Boards you get an idea of just how much they were thrilled to hear he wasn’t returning.

That being said, Spitfires fans are notoriously hard on their coaching staff and are almost never satisfied so I don’t think a whole lot of stock should be taken from the fact he wasn’t liked. A few of the hardcores stated that although he makes a very poor head coach at the junior level, he may make a fine assistant coach at the pro level.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I’m from near Windsor and I can tell you that Letowski does not have many fans in this area. I know a lot of Spitfires fans and they were not a fan of his at all. Hell, just reading a few posts on the Spitfires thread on HF Boards you get an idea of just how much they were thrilled to hear he wasn’t returning.

That being said, Spitfires fans are notoriously hard on their coaching staff and are almost never satisfied so I don’t think a whole lot of stock should be taken from the fact he wasn’t liked. A few of the hardcores stated that although he makes a very poor head coach at the junior level, he may make a fine assistant coach at the pro level.

So it just prooves is NEVER about what you know than who you know. Ducharme and him knew each other. You want to work with somebody you know and work well with. People should just then stop whining about the best candidate possible. It never happens.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You mean the same Burrows who scored 35 goals and played with the Sedins on the PP?

Our PP is going to be as good as the players on it coaching won't really make it much better or much worse. We have 3 solid pieces in place now with Petry Suzuki and Caufield. We need a retrieval expert who can handle the puck. Personally I'd try KK on the wing myself and load up with him and Truffles.
Our second wave will suck some but so be it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So it just prooves is NEVER about what you know than who you know. Ducharme and him knew each other. You want to work with somebody you know and work well with. People should just then stop whining about the best candidate possible. It never happens.

it makes sense, but also some people are good in some roles and bad in others. Look at Lefebvre, guy was never a head coach at any level ever and to this day still hasn't been since being fired as he was clearly terrible as a HC, but as an assistant coach maybe he's actually good at the role.

So maybe Letowski will be better suited as an assistant coach then as a OHL head coach. Or not as we are going to find out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad