Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Riley Kidney to ELC (2022-23 to 2024-25)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Timmins don't deserve any apologies. If im not mistaken none of those players are yet playing pro
Maybe not but Caufield, Harris, Romanov, and potentially Guhle and Ylonen may start the year in Montreal next year. It's not quite like the days of us hoping while guys like Brook, Bitten, Ikonen, etc had poor D+1, D+2, etc seasons.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I still don't understand why we don’t put these signed prospects into a strict physical, mental and skills training regime controlled by the team, with the very best experts. Why do we just limit development to their respective junior teams, with the occasional contacts from the Bouillons and Ramages of this world? It's not a week of development camp that will make any difference... You want real development, you put these kids through a deliberate, carefully planned and executed boot camp.
Money.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Nice to see we’re drafting and signing ORGANically. Maybe he’ll be able to hold on to the puck for extended periods, or he can clean up the messes. Either way we should see him filter into the lineup fairly soon. I see him as someone that while may not be the heart or the brains of the team, he will have an important role.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Are we gonna have a Timmins apology thread in a few years? Seems like many are quite pleased with our last three drafts. Even 5 guys have played from the 2018 draft so far, though I doubt Hillis makes it full-time.

Just a shame we wasted quite a few drafts drafting for "need".
Yes, I expect we will.

Development was a huge problem and it's good to see that some are starting to acknowledge it. Caufield is example A of a player who was drowning under the old regime's way of doing things and instantly thrived when put in a new environment. I predicted that once they were gone that some of Timmins' last picks would likely fare much better than those stuck under MB.

Drafting wasn't a weakness for us before MB, it was a strength. That went out the window when we hired idiots like Therrien and SL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Are we gonna have a Timmins apology thread in a few years? Seems like many are quite pleased with our last three drafts. Even 5 guys have played from the 2018 draft so far, though I doubt Hillis makes it full-time.

Just a shame we wasted quite a few drafts drafting for "need".

I think Timmins' record would be better if he didn't draft for need so often. But I think he's partly to blame for drafting for need.

He's still on the payroll. I wish he was being sent out on the road to scout Dmen - and offensive forwards like Roy, Kidney, Caufiekd, and Farrell. No more so-called two way forwards with no offense.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
No statue for Timmins, every year the same thing ‘we pick them then it’s up to them, we will know in 5 years if it was a good draft if they’ve made anything of themselves’.

Not a single word about developing them to succeed. Maybe there are more people to blame but he was there long enough and did nada to change the philosophy.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I hope our strength and development guys will make him a special pet project of theirs. Few of our prospects need as much help in that department as he does, especially when it comes to building himself up physically and working on his foot work. He's the perfect diamond in the rough to polish into something really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad