Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Rafaël Harvey-Pinard to 2-Year ELC

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
It's 24 hours after the prime minister told in the medias at a press conference that the Habs need to do have more Quebecers.
That's all the medias are talking about for the last 48 hours, even more than the fact that they made the PO for the first time in 4 years.

I have no doutb they were going to sign him anyway, but the timing is not just a coincidence.
Wait, what?

Tell me this is banter and not some real BS that's really happened over your side of the pond? WTF OMG FFS (at least).

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
CapFriendly has him this year. It is likely because he is not committed to the NCAA yet.

Ah okay. NO biggie. Absolutely irrelevant from start to finish. What a way to pay tribute to a dead scout...lol

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I liked his game in Rouyn-Noranda, seems like he's progressing nicely. Kinda weird nobody liked him enough to draft him until the 7th round as a double overager.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He certainly surprised me, hard working player for sure, if he can work on getting quicker, improve his skating, there's something there for sure then. The contract was a given, surprised it wasn't done sooner as he started the season on fire with 5 pts in the first 8 games.

Next season will be very interesting assuming/hoping things are back to normal as I'd love to see how he does over a full 76 game season as his numbers this year were impressive especially when you consider that he had points in just 1 of the last 8 games and after his hot start he went 5 games without a point. So if he can find some more consistency, he could have a big year since he's currently on pace for a 44 pt season over 76 this year.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Good news. I love how he plays. He won't bring the offence Gallagher brings, but I guess he could be our next Lehkonen in a season or two.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Ouellet, Leskinen, Schueneman and Fairbrother are signed for next year at LD for Laval. I'd sign him anyway, but they could very not do so.
I highly doubt that the Habs will be able to land a top 4 LD through trade or free agency, therefore with Weber likely protected, one of Chiarot or Edmundson may be claimed by the Kraken.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Really liked what I’ve seen so far from RHP, glad that he’s under contract and hopefully up with big club in the next couple of years. Turned pro and seemed to really improve in all aspects under Bouchard. Could be a very nice player down the road.

Reactions: angusyoung

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
His work rate is what stands out the most at first glance, but what I like the most about him is that he combines quick thinking with quick hands in tight spaces. He's a headsy player that keeps the play alive and creates scoring chances for others. I think he's a potential NHLer and I wouldn't be shocked if he's able to produce points at the top level.

Reactions: angusyoung

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all his carpenter friends......

It's an old political technic... some politicians get out of their house and offer cookies and tea to journalists... here they talk about the Habs... Jean Charest once said in a middle of a crisis that he thought Kovalev should be back with the Habs... the day after.. did they talk abotu the crisis.. nope.. they said Quebec's Premier wants Kovalev back.

I will said that others politicians tweets to divert from real issues... but I'm going to be lambasted for that.

Reactions: Walrus26

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This is a well deserved signing. This kid works his rocks off every shift and has a decent amount of skill. He has played surprisingly solid for a 1st year pro.

Definitely liked from what limited action I've seen from him,good motor!

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Our new version! We were a loyalty client forever with Gally, Prust, Bégin, Lapierre...... here comes RHP!!

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad