Rumor: Habs sign Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
It would be interesting to see the effect of this level of influx of Russian talent, especially if we also sign Shipashev, and if somehow Sergachev steels a roster spot. That does not jibe with Therrien behind the bench, unless Kirk Muller mediates between these parties.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Man people bashing this are wild...

WE NEED SKILL. For goodness sakes, Radulov is amazing.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Oh there irony of the Habs sign Rads and he's the one who gets Therrien fired if he doesn't play him like Semin, Sekac, PAP, Briere and Vanek for a while, before him.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Now let's go and get Kovalchuk and I'm slightly ok with losing PK. If this is true, not bad. It's on Wikipedia, it must be true. :)

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Why are people comparing him to Semin, PAP, Vanek, Briere, etc..? He's not some washed up past his prime player. He's still very good.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Radulov is a plan B move.

58 points 10 years ago is not your main acquisition. It shouldn't be at least.

Not to mention his issues with partying and attitude.

65 points last year in the KHL. There's no question he's a top-six talent. The only question is whether he's matured in the last decade.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I would expect this kind of lineup

Paccioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov
Danault - Desharnais - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Byron

I think Gallagher stays on 1st line because noone else can do the dirty work like him. Not so sure about 3rd line LW. This line is rather small, but Shaw doesn't play small, so maybe it's not too much of an issue. We will see.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
MB released this to the media because he has deal on hold but wants to see how HF feels about it first

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I would expect this kind of lineup

Paccioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov
Danault - Desharnais - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Byron

I think Gallagher stays on 1st line because noone else can do the dirty work like him. Not so sure about 3rd line LW. This line is rather small, but Shaw doesn't play small, so maybe it's not too much of an issue. We will see.

Switch DD with McCarron and that's not a bad line up......and i really mean switch....as in DD to St. John's...

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Ugg, this is just too crazy. Why trade Subban if you are gonna bring in Rads?
At this point, just go sign the most craziest characters in the NHL (minus Subban) and just let this team either explode or implode. Either way it would be interesting... (Lucic and Kane...yeah, why not...)

wolfinhabsclothing

Aug 18, 2008
Do people not think that a guy can change between the ages of 25 and 29? I know I did.

Radulov is insanely skilled. A point a game guy + in the KHL, 7 points in 9 games during his 2012 stint with the Preds, beloved in Quebec City when he scored 150 points for the Remparts.

Reality is the top free agents are going elsewhere. If true, this is a smart move by Bergevin to add talent to the top 6.

Man... Bergy gets slayed if he does nothing, slayed if he does something. Great fan base we have here.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I can't see Therrien lasting past xmas.

I think he's gone by American Thanksgiving regardless of his relationship with MB. MB thinks this team just needs an injection of leadership, which is why they got Weber and Shaw, and they need Price back, so if this team is not back to the standards they set prior to last season then Therrien is done.

With Subban and Eller there are no more excuses for the coach.

In any case, I don't expect Therrien to last the year unless this team turns it around and puts up 110pts again, which they are not going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad