Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Prospect Danny Kristo 2 year deal: Will Report to Hamilton

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Excellent news. Happy to get him under contract and leave behind what I perceived as him maybe not wanting to be here. Wrong again.

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
I don't think people should overestimate Kristo either. Maybe he's a wash, maybe he's a stud. Average? Who knows?

Definition of "prospect"

1. Something expected; a possibility.

a. Chances.
b. Usually regarding financial expectations, especially of success.

I thought this was HF. What does the F in HF stand for again? :sarcasm:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
UND has a pretty solid recent history of producing top 9 forwards:
Jonathan Toews
Zach Parise
T.J. Oshie
Drew Stafford
Travis Zajac

Brock Nelson (?)
Matt Frattin (?)
Dany Kristo (?)
Corban Knight (?)

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The Habs' succession planning is evident. I can see Gio gone in the off-season.

This is how you handle cap situations. Each year 1-2 inflated vet contracts are "selected" for extinction.

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
Too late because Hamilton is already out of the playoffs. And Vail, Collberg, Hudon will be going back to their respective teams next year.

sure, but it is not too late in the sense that the habs brass wants to evaluate those prospects and gives them some areas to work on and improve next year.

the few games they will play will be enuf for that purpose.

DamianHabs

Aug 11, 2004
Wow finally he's signed!

To the people who are weeping about our inactivity today, try to imagine what our team is going to look like years from now. I mean, REALLY think about it.

Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Collberg, Vail, Hudon, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Eller, Kristo, Archambeault, etc etc etc.

We're already a good team, as we've seen this season, but it seems like we're going to become a force to be reckoned with.

YES! This is exactly right. Don't forget to add Pacioretty and Diaz to the list. I know I'm going to get whacked here but I was strongly in favor MB not giving away prospects or picks for rentals or marginal players. Our farm system is stacked and we have a haul of picks coming up this June. THe future for this team is really bright and I want my team to be a perennial Cup contender and, in a cap world, the best way to do this is to develop your own. We're getting there fast and I'm loving every second of it. We finally have a GM with a real plan.

Analyzer*

why did it take so long with him? did montreal want him to go to jrs and he refused?

He's too old for that. I think the habs wanted to wait and see how many contracts for picks they might take on.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
The Habs' succession planning is evident. I can see Gio gone in the off-season.

This is how you handle cap situations. Each year 1-2 inflated vet contracts are "selected" for extinction.

Agreed. Or at least, they put themselves in a position where they have a better idea if they can lose Gionta or not.

GeneralMarky79

Sep 25, 2007
PEI
Hell Ya!!!! This is better than making any trades. I was just thinking on the way home that we have a ridiculous prospect pool and we still have 10 picks in the draft this year. Can we call him up to Montreal??:banana::banana::banana:

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 1m
When asked if Kristo could potentially play with #Habs this season, Bergevin said, "That's going to be up to him."

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Danny Kristo ‏@dkristo7
Very excited to start my pro career. Thanks to everyone that's been apart of this ride at North Dakota. pic.twitter.com/F770Lxk2o6

The pic sums him up, haha.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Miss Kristo? Sister Kristo? "Family Representative" Kristo?
BG8__fdCIAAkbcd.jpg:large

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A lot of people have been regurgitating the same information as everyone else but it seems that not many people have seen him play and we're all just speculating and hoping that he'll be an NHL player sooner rather than later. It seems we do this kind of thing all the time (See Avtsin as an example).

I think everyone needs to moderate their expectations seeing as we're all running off of speculation, at least that's what I'm doing.

I've seen him a ton, as I get most North Dakota games on tv and I saw him 3 times in the USHL plus the wjc's.

I have been working on my year end top 20 and I have Kristo at #1 since I have the Gally's as graduated.

UND has a pretty solid recent history of producing top 9 forwards:

Imo they have one of the best coaches in the NCAA.

why did it take so long with him? did montreal want him to go to jrs and he refused?

his season just ended so they likely gave him some time to relax as it was a tough loss to Yale, a team they should have beat which would have mean another trip to the Final Fours.

Hell Ya!!!! This is better than making any trades. I was just thinking on the way home that we have a ridiculous prospect pool and we still have 10 picks in the draft this year. Can we call him up to Montreal??:banana::banana::banana:

We have 8 picks (1st, 2nd, 2nd 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 6th, 7th)

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 1m
When asked if Kristo could potentially play with #Habs this season, Bergevin said, "That's going to be up to him."

When I saw they signed him for this season, I suspected that meant he will get called up at some point as they are burning a year of his contract so might as well get him a taste.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I don't think people should overestimate Kristo either. Maybe he's a wash, maybe he's a stud. Average? Who knows?

Definition of "prospect"

1. Something expected; a possibility.

a. Chances.
b. Usually regarding financial expectations, especially of success.

I thought this was HF. What does the F in HF stand for again? :sarcasm:

Stop that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad